• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your first toy

Some of my oldest toys are a stuffed dog I named Arfy (my grandmother has a much larger one) and a teddy bear I simply named Big Bear.

I also had a plush Snoopy once. He was wearing some kind of suit and the day I got him I was very little and threw him across the room. I might've been scared of it.

A pink and white dog, there was once a photo of me lying naked on a rug with it. When I had polio it came to the hospital with me but they took it off me after a while and I never saw it again. It's replacement was 'Sooty & Sweep' glove puppets.

Still remember it.

My first and only prized possession as a child was my baby blanket, I lost it when I was 3 when my father decided I did not need it anymore and took it from me and threw it into the lit furnace. I tried to recover it but it was so hot the metal door burned my hands.

It was my cape when pretending to be super man.

My first toy was a green plush bear wearing pajamas, I called him Greenbear(I'm not that good at coming up with names...). I lost him years ago. :(

I had a cloth diaper I carried around for a long time. After I lost my pacifyer (which I chewed up), I threw the diaper away.

A hard teddy bear.
He was stuffed, but not at all squishy or soft.
His eye came off and my mother sewed buttons on instead.

I still have him.
Similar to this, but more rigid.
773e289dfd80cdc98299f0dcb6833cc6.jpg

I don't honestly recall my first toy. However the earliest one I remember the most was a little stuffed rabbit. I remember carrying it around even when it became a rag with only one ear. My mother was kind enough not to relieve me of it though until I was ready to let go.

You know, now that I can see it, I think that stuffed rabbit probably was my first toy. Here's me when that little stuffed rabbit was brand new. :)

Don't leave lunch without it! :p

A long, long time ago- in a galaxy far, far away. :eek:

Stuffed_Rabbit_zpshiftizri.jpg

The first toy that I have (vague-ish) memories of is a little stuffed brown dog. :blush: There's a home video of my first birthday where I appear to be more bewildered and uneasy than excited - even back then I felt uncomfortable being the center of everyone's attention. Then, my mom hands me the little stuffed dog and is heard saying, "Look, Coupe, Grandma sent you this little puppy for your birthday!" Then she squeezes it, causing it to make cute barking noises, and I look directly at it and smile for the first time in the video. :smiley: I named the little dog "Brownie" as soon as I started talking. I still have him, and nope, he doesn't bark anymore....his "barker" actually wore out pretty soon after I got him. :sweatsmile:

d9a93b4a865c1f92a4739f6d7f122a85--antique-toys-vintage-dolls.jpg
Saw a picture of this and I think I had this as a child, but it had curly red fur.

Last edited:
Think it was supposed to be a squirrel.

They were made in Atlanta Ga, by the rushton toy company.

Racoon/duck/skunk

images
images
images

Think it was supposed to be a squirrel.

They were made in Atlanta Ga, by the rushton toy company.

Racoon/duck/skunk

images
images
images
Aw, I think they're kinda cute! :blush:

My aunt had a Kewpie doll that was mostly plush with a rubber face like these three, but I think hers was made by Knickerbocker Toys in the 1960s. Her Kewpie had/has a fuzzy red body and a red and white striped hat that used to have a big poofy red pompom on the end - there's a photo of her 3-or-4-year-old self smiling and hugging him on Christmas morning. :grinning: My aunt gave her Kewpie to me several years ago and he now sits on a shelf with several other special stuffed animals: a Pikachu that she also gave me on my 8th birthday, and two stuffed animals my dad gave me - Spike from The Land Before Time, and Cheeks the Beanie Baby mandrill. :)

Apparently the first doll I ever owned was bought for me by my dad when I was born,it was Crystal barbie and little did he know that barbie would start a lifelong hobby of doll collecting.

I remember having a doll, too, but I never played with it. I had some toy cars, and I played with them, seeing how far and how fast they would go, spinning the wheels or aiming them for a point at the far side of the room and seeing if I could hit it.

The earliest toys that I can remember,
  • A Major Matt Mason figure, and
  • A cowboy outfit with gun belt and cap guns.
    sixguns_orig.gif
I have [arti-]Barbies & GI Joes, now, but I only had Big Jim, Matt & friends back in the day.

New Threads

Top Bottom