• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

YOUR FEARS? Mine snakes in the dark... not my thing

Scared of being seen.

1. By people i know (which is hard to happen)

2. Anybody else -just don't like being looked at. They might 'get me' or try to talk to me when I'm not ready!

I'm terrified of Snakes in general never mind in the dark, especially big ones such as Anacondas and Cobras.

If I ever saw a real life anaconda or bird spider... I think I might just wilt.

I can live with the stupid rattle snakes, brown recluses, and tarantulas. THE DARK may have been the bigger issue. If that had been a day time incident, honestly it would have been nothing... They are a very often occurrence here. As a matter of fact as Autumn moves in the snakes will get really bad and try and find warm places to Winter up. We had storms and a cold front blow in (not cold, just cool). I should have been paying attention.

I think it was the combination of dark (which I don't like), me being half asleep, and that thing being well within striking distance of my right leg... Gosh that scared me.

please don't kill snakes if you see one stand still let it move away a lot of snakes are near extinction and that imbalances the ecosystem that means an overabundance of small animals
its a wild animal and is always trying to avoid large predators like humans- it will be terrified by your presence, it will sense you hate and will try to destroy it

Hi Street,

I hate killing anything ever (it even made me sad to that)... However these snakes are deadly and often aggressive. On top of that there is no shortage of them here in any way... The true stories I know of make my own skin crawl.

Please don't think I'm some killing monster. I won't even kill one of these out in its own element, but I cant let them be in and around my house and barn. They are really hard to handle to relocate them. I have actually done that on occasion, but it isn't an easy task at all. Once they get upset they mean business.
I do like LIFE and a bite from this thing can easily end it in a very agonizing death.

I am all for nature, but nature intends for us to protect ourselves also.

I'm scared of my boyfriend and parents dying. Somehow I'm not afraid of losing my sister, that girl is so stubborn she'd just convince Death to go away.

i disagree ( all it means is youve encountered them more than other people) there are not healthy populations worldwide and your house and barn are nature to a certain amount of wild animals they have no human concept of boundaries
Hi Street,

I hate killing anything ever (it even made me sad to that)... However these snakes are deadly and often aggressive. On top of that there is no shortage of them here in any way... The true stories I know of make my own skin crawl.

Please don't think I'm some killing monster. I won't even kill one of these out in its own element, but I cant let them be in and around my house and barn. They are really hard to handle to relocate them. I have actually done that on occasion, but it isn't an easy task at all. Once they get upset they mean business.
I do like LIFE and a bite from this thing can easily end it in a very agonizing death.

I am all for nature, but nature intends for us to protect ourselves also.

read below first where it begins quite !
that frighten harrass physically harm or kill any living creature i think they are the lowest
also motorbikes, mopeds ,skateboarders (human)
gas masks
View attachment 36881

Yes, that is a now dead rattle snake that bout made me pee myself just a little while ago.
I was about to jump in my old work truck to go start the lake pumps on golf course
and I heard "the noise" and I thought "no way"?

Yes way... that freaking thing was coiled up right in front of my back tire about 3 feet from me.

So glad I don't have neighbors... Here I am shaking like a fool, freaking trying to hold flashlight and not to shoot my truck and having a cussing fit...
I let out all my swear words for the week in full Tourettes fashion!

I didn't shoot my truck, the snake is now where ever snakes go...
I hate killing anything, and if it wasn't deadly I would have let it go on its way.
I freaking hate snakes!

Whats your creepy thing that makes you lose it?
quite honestly what i legally have to call humans(Im not naive about litigation)

I honor your opinion S
read below first where it begins quite !
that frighten harrass physically harm or kill any living creature i think they are the lowest
also motorbikes, mopeds ,skateboarders (human)
gas masks
quite honestly what i legally have to call humans(Im not naive about litigation)

I'm lost in what you wrote, so I will just honor your opinion : )

I do feel however if that deadly snake was in your home, or in your car, about to strike at you... You
would have a very very different view point...

Defending yourself, or protecting yourself, is a GOD given right, and letting that thing bite me or my kid, or my dog, or my wife... No thank you. Sorry you disagree

I'm so glad I live in a country where it's extremely unlikely to encounter snakes of any kind. I've only seen a wild snake once in my life and I am okay with that.

you don't know me
I honor your opinion S

I'm lost in what you wrote, so I will just honor your opinion : )

I do feel however if that deadly snake was in your home, or in your car, about to strike at you... You
would have a very very different view point...

Defending yourself, or protecting yourself, is a GOD given right, and letting that thing bite me or my kid, or my dog, or my wife... No thank you. Sorry you disagree

UGH!!! I think they would have been better off using a shotgun. If I saw something like that I would have died on the spot.:eek:
I worked for a rancher that would shoot mice running by while he watched TV on his living room couch..he used a old 22 rifle with those shot shells that look like pills...:p
:mouse::eek:....BANG!:walking:

Somehow I'm not afraid of losing my sister, that girl is so stubborn she'd just convince Death to go away.
The night I cheated death,I was packing a sidearm and riding my motorcycle :p

I say that the big guy thought my work here wasn't finished yet and the devil was sensing a hostile takeover,so they both sent me back here :D

The night I cheated death,I was packing a sidearm and riding my motorcycle :p

I say that the big guy thought my work here wasn't finished yet and the devil was sensing a hostile takeover,so they both sent me back here :D

I don't know the whole story, but im guessing hijacking - or bike jacking
If so... that would be more than a fear for me... my mind can't even grasp the terror that would cause...

I don't know the whole story, but im guessing hijacking - or bike jacking
If so... that would be more than a fear for me... my mind can't even grasp the terror that would cause...
I was a victim of a fairly serious prank that caused a crash that rendered me with a TBI and some minor crippling.

It wasn't an easy return to where I am today,but thru determination and the will to be better,I have made some pretty amazing strides that have impressed all who were involved with my recovery.

I was a victim of a fairly serious prank that caused a crash that rendered me with a TBI and some minor crippling.

It wasn't an easy return to where I am today,but thru determination and the will to be better,I have made some pretty amazing strides that have impressed all who were involved with my recovery.

I'm sorry that happened to you. It kind of makes me feel sick inside to even imagine what you may have suffered... but I admire your strength, wisdom, and kindness I see you posting all over the place.

My own impulsivity in dangerous situations, both physical and social.

Yeah, cratering in public is something I worry about constantly. I try so hard to be cool, and calm, and inside I am freaking the hell out trying to get in and out and back to where I feel safe.

In a known place... I'm usually all right, but strange places and people... its a challenge, and I try to see it in a positive way so I nearly make a game from it... I just don't ever want to lose that game in public.

New Threads

Top Bottom