• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You see that little green button? Push, the little green button

gamers1700

Frankly, certain unnamed member have been getting a little bold in what they say in lieu of the forums lack of rules, despite the forum guidelines. :thumbsdown: I'm fed up with this, so I'm going on a 'report' spree every time someone says something offensive, or otherwise trollish. I encourage others to join, maybe the perp will get the sternly worded warning they need. This is just my opinion though, as more times than I should have I replied rather than reported.

It's better than ignoring, but isn't there a better way to do it than informing on each other? Unless the mods are nice, and I think they are here, but whatever. :)

xqgcxd.gif

Does this forum have a "moderator approval" feature? Where you can flag a member such that all of his/her posts must be individually approved by a moderator before appearing on the board? That would be a lot nicer than banning someone. As it is, the recriminations are getting tedious to wade through.

Yes it does, thats entirely possible... may be considered in some cases... but some people do deserve to be banned - that PBS logo guy was just... beyond inappropriate and we had a complete troll a few weeks ago.

Does this forum have a "moderator approval" feature? Where you can flag a member such that all of his/her posts must be individually approved by a moderator before appearing on the board? That would be a lot nicer than banning someone. As it is, the recriminations are getting tedious to wade through.

:thumbsdown:

Supervised posts lol. I think there's a lot of people who wouldn't like this post. Do you think your posts should now have to be approved by a mod in future? :rolleyes:

:thumbsdown:

Supervised posts lol. I think there's a lot of people who wouldn't like this post. Do you think your posts should now have to be approved by a mod in future? :rolleyes:

I don't agree with it. I think it's the first time I agree with you lol. But yeah. Having to wait for a mod to approve a post or something would be silly...especially when there's only two. If they DO do that then they need more mods. But even then the mods can refuse it because they don't agree with it, right ?

I don't agree with it. I think it's the first time I agree with you lol. But yeah. Having to wait for a mod to approve a post or something would be silly...especially when there's only two. If they DO do that then they need more mods. But even then the mods can refuse it because they don't agree with it, right ?

Well it would be complete nonsense. Who's opinion is right? If something offends one person, does it actually mean its offensive? Its too much hassle. Just report someone if you think they deserve it, if the mods wanna ban the person, its their choice.

i suggest that anyone should reply to anything they want in any manner that they feel is appropriate.

for further instruction, read the encyclopediadramatica section called Offended . and then grow up, and learn to accept that some people have opinions that differ from your own, but that doesn't make their opinions any less valid.

I could actually see this idea working as a temp. measure if someone goes on some sort of spree. Kind of like a punishment.

In my experience as a mod on other boards I have found that it ends up working as a Claytons ban, as the person being monitored gets jack of it fairly quickly and stops posting.

I've got no problems with anyone, including BB. What I find tedious is that almost every time BB posts now we end up with a heap of posts discussing whether his post was offensive or not and what his motivations are for making the types of posts that he makes. Just a huge waste of time and wading through it all makes the forum less fun. I don't want to see BB banned, so I was just throwing ideas out there to maybe try and calm things down a bit.

i suggest that anyone should reply to anything they want in any manner that they feel is appropriate.

for further instruction, read this: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Offended . and then grow up, and learn to accept that some people have opinions that differ from your own, but that doesn't make their opinions any less valid.

Thats more like it B)

New Threads

Top Bottom