• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yeah I'm not new to this.

whatever

I don't know what i'm doing here beside waiting in my apt. for food to be delivered that seems rlly rLLy late.

Cause I'm not into explaining my ****. and I decided a while ago that I was past labeling myself unless it made me feel powerful in some way or useful, or I could do it out of spite for the stigma it brings. Acknowledging this **** from where I feel right now when I could be putting my energy into bettering myself seems pointless.

Lately I'm just pissed off. I don't belong nowhere. I'm unique, and unique people are uniquely successful or uniquely abject. I just broke up with my girl which probably don't mean to me what it does to u because I don't even pretend to be permanently attached to anybody. We're friends, and rn she's driving me nuts with the morass of negative emotional BS she spreads because she's afraid of everything and doesn't like herself. I got every peaceful moment blown this weekend by this *****.

And I have a interview with Apple tomorrow and 2 others this week and I'm stressed as fck.
Plus I need to move and fix a bunch of other critical **** like my motorcycle, and deciding if I'm gonna live out of my vehicle, which I haven't bought yet, to save money.

Last edited:
Anyway hello to everyone. haha Anyone into SMD rework, electronics, or anything cool?

More about me: I'm into stuff.

I don't know what i'm doing here beside waiting in my apt. for food to be delivered that seems rlly rLLy late.

Cause I'm not into explaining my ****. and I decided a while ago that I was past labeling myself unless it made me feel powerful in some way or useful, or I could do it out of spite for the stigma it brings. Acknowledging this **** from where I feel right now when I could be putting my energy into bettering myself seems pointless.

Lately I'm just pissed off. I don't belong nowhere. I'm unique, and unique people are uniquely successful or uniquely abject. I just broke up with my girl which probably don't mean to me what it does to u because I don't even pretend to be permanently attached to anybody. We're friends, and rn she's driving me nuts with the morass of negative emotional BS she spreads because she's afraid of everything and doesn't like herself. I got every peaceful moment blown this weekend by this *****.

And I have a interview with Apple tomorrow and 2 others this week and I'm stressed as fck.
Plus I need to move and fix a bunch of other critical **** like my motorcycle, and deciding if I'm gonna live out of my vehicle, which I haven't bought yet, to save money.
Sounds like she dodged a bullet.

Sounds like she dodged a bullet.

Sounds like you're judgemental and presumptuous, like maybe your experience with codependency means you know everything about relationship dynamics. Ironic that was one of the first posts I read and now you're talking to me like u know my life.

Sounds like you're judgemental and presumptuous, like maybe your experience with codependency means you know everything about relationship dynamics. Ironic that was one of the first posts I read and now you're talking to me like u know my life.
she's driving me nuts with the morass of negative emotional BS she spreads because she's afraid of everything and doesn't like herself. I got every peaceful moment blown this weekend by this *****.

Pretty sure I'm spot on actually.

I don't really need to know you to see off the bat by your aggressive way of "speaking" that she would probably be better off out of it. If she carries "emotional ********" around with her she'll need support, not someone describing her issues as "********".

Last edited:
Anyway, I guess I came here cause I reached a tipping point and I wanted to connect and see if I could learn something. But introspection has been feeling like the providence of privilege and comfort, and I don't really have time for that, or it belongs to people at their wits end. Might be why I'm here.

I like music, sometimes too much. If I hang around I might lurk some synesthesia threads. I'm also really into puzzles. Pretty much, no actually every game on my phone is some kinda weird logic game. I also like hanayama. I occasionally watch anime, but I really only watch to hear Japanese. It's hard to find a story I like.

I got a talent for language. I pick up accents pretty easy. Maybe there are some language nerds here. I actually love learning languages, but I haven't had the focus or made it important. I speak French, German, and Japanese with native accents, in that order of quality, but readin and writin is more work. I sometimes think once I get independent again and have more time that I'll have the patience.

yadda yadda... I'm here.

Pretty sure I'm spot on actually.

I don't really need to know you to see off the bat by your aggressive way of "speaking" that she would probably be better off out of it. If she carries "emotional ********" around with her she'll need support, not someone describing her issues as "********".

I was conveying my frustration, no doubt.
I think u just talking to make yourself feel good, and totally out of ignorance. You don't deserve answers for questions you don't ask. You don't know where I'm from, how I talk wit my people, or even what the language means. U hear words and assume everyone assigns the same emotions, assume we all assign the same connotations to the same words.

Lemme put it bluntly: u don't know schitt.

But u go ahead and own that weak sh1t. I'll be my "aggressive" self.
See my pedigree most definitely don't tolerate the front. Sh1t I been thru prolly offend u...

I was conveying my frustration, no doubt.
I think u just talking to make yourself feel good, and totally out of ignorance. You don't deserve answers for questions you don't ask. You don't know where I'm from, how I talk wit my people, or even what the language means. U hear words and assume everyone assigns the same emotions, assume we all assign the same connotations to the same words.

Lemme put it bluntly: u don't know schitt.

But u go ahead and own that weak sh1t. I'll be my "aggressive" self.
See my pedigree most definitely don't tolerate the front. Sh1t I been thru prolly offend u...
What? Pedigree? Are you a dog?

I said my bit. Have a nice day.

I mean this **** is basic.... Polly Platt talking bout American expats observing how French people "argue," a word that is more synonymous with "fight" here...dirty word.

U can keep all that puritanical, ethnocentric BS, chica.

Welcome.

I pick up accents pretty easy.

I can pick up accents easily too, always assumed it was just me :p

I'm not having a go, but maybe the way you're coming across in your few posts here is why you haven't had many replies. I get that you feel aggrieved by what @ksheehan88 has posted, but ultimately everyone is free to read into peoples posts as they like, and being a forum full of people on the spectrum, it is likely people will just tell you exactly what they think. I think also that starting on a forum full of people who don't know you the way you have is maybe not a great way to ingratiate yourself into the community.

People are basically less likely to want to hear what you have to say or answer questions if they feel you're coming across as aggressive or whatever.

Yeh, you're here. Sounds like frustration to me.
Maybe getting some of it out and talked about isn't so boring. Going through a lot doesn't necessarily mean it's offensive. Pedigree = type of personal culture? Experiences.
I wish less misery for whatever.

I'm not having a go

Have one.

but maybe the way you're coming across in your few posts here is why you haven't had many replies.

You replied, exemplifying the ability to discriminate meaning based upon context.

I get that you feel aggrieved by what @ksheehan88 has posted

Haha.

but ultimately everyone is free to read into peoples posts as they like

True true. (am I spelling that right? I'm having a dislexic moment or it's the French screwing with me...treu? treue?)

being a forum full of people on the spectrum, it is likely people will just tell you exactly what they think.

If I could be assured that was the case, then I wouldn't I want to be here. I mean it's not easy, as other aspies I've talked to have conveyed for themselves, to quantify the vagaries of how we're likely to interpret speech vs. NTs. I know that spectrum or not, everyone lies, everyone has moments of ignorance, and everyone is searching for truth.

I think also that starting on a forum full of people who don't know you the way you have is maybe not a great way to ingratiate yourself into the community.

I'm challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Yeh, you're here. Sounds like frustration to me.
Maybe getting some of it out and talked about isn't so boring. Going through a lot doesn't necessarily mean it's offensive. Pedigree = type of personal culture? Experiences.
I wish less misery for whatever.

Thanks. I used to hang on forums, but lately forums don't feel like my forum. Like maybe I need to hold a quorum on a mountain top to topple all this boredom.

and being a forum full of people on the spectrum, it is likely people will just tell you exactly what they think.

If I could be assured that was the case, then I wouldn't I want to be here. I mean it's not easy, as other aspies I've talked to have conveyed for themselves, to quantify the vagaries of how we're likely to interpret speech vs. NTs. I know that spectrum or not, everyone lies, everyone has moments of ignorance, and everyone is searching for truth.

What I meant to say was "if I could be assured that was the case then why wouldn't I want to be here."

Going through a lot doesn't necessarily mean it's offensive.

I agree, to keep it K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid OR simple, stupid).

Pedigree = type of personal culture?

Ask somebody that knows something about heraldry, like one of these old school anglophilic types whose family keeps books with coats of arms and such. Pedigree does not exclusively and I'm certain was not formally used to refer to animals. I'm talking bout my lineage, my quality, my character.

Please don't get it twisted.:smirk:

You know I was going to leave it at a suggestive "I agree," but some people, like I think that chic @ksheehan88 are easily offended by people's language/experiences/etc. cause they've never had to deal with them (Or they judge a similar cover on a different book). I mean that's kinda obvious and borderline recursive, but I mean because the space between knowing about something and what you been told about something is full of non experiential conclusions.

If you think about it, it's fcking ironic to be a perpetrator of such ignorance and also be "on the spectrum".

I guess this is the moment where I admit how much being AS or just the idea of being on the spectrum means to me. So I just keep it to myself. And the reason I stayed away from forums is because there are bigots and ignorant people everywhere. And people with AS are even more stubborn, if they are stubborn. Like being diecast with the personality that works for u, and that's your allegiance. And I got sick of it. Being on the spectrum, really being open is a disadvantage. It means maybe you have to be responsible for understanding someone else's position, actually seeing the connections, and so the lines cut deeper and deeper between yourself as you decide which side you're on. And while you're stuck there everything is equal. Nothing has value. Might as well sit here and vegitate, stimming on numbers or some other pure sensory stimulus. But I'm not some pssy :cat: that's scared of the world. I can't waste my life on everyone else. So just because I understand doesn't mean I care.

But I don't go away anymore. I tell the ignorant ones "you can go away if you want to." So she did.

Also I remember on wrongplanet, the adults used to tell us stop believing in the fantasy that all aspies will create their own society isolated from NTland. I don't think about crap like that anymore (my dreams way more napoleonic). I do sometimes wish people on the spectrum who can communicate intelligibly or wit some semblance therof, fell further on the side of , idunno some quality of sentience and originality worthy of all this awe heaped on the community. But that would defy the notion of autism... paradox. While at the same time being a disadvantage. Sometimes ignorance, like lack of memory is obviously a defense mechanism. And we know there are plenty of ignorant people who live quite fckin comfortable. Like some solidarity would be cool.

Anyway, I don't sweat not being part of a league. Anybody don't like me they can go to hell. The ghost of Davy Crockett knows I'm already chillin in Texas.

Good luck in your interviews. Park the aggression and take a few deep breaths. Pay particular attention to the faces of your interviewers. If they smile you have given them what they want, if they frown then ask them to please rephrase the question. Hope you find a place and best wishes.

Good luck in your interviews. Park the aggression and take a few deep breaths. Pay particular attention to the faces of your interviewers. If they smile you have given them what they want, if they frown then ask them to please rephrase the question. Hope you find a place and best wishes.

Peace upon u wit my thanks.

New Threads

Top Bottom