• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

Re: Worst Film Ever Made Goes To...

But for worst movie ever, I am going to go with worst memorable movie ever, which for me would be A Message from Space. This Japanese movie came out in the late 70s, and the plot was clearly a rip-off of Star Wars, which had only been released a year or so before. It was a big-budget movie, with some pretty decent special effects (such as huge sailboats that they used for spaceships), but it had some really odd twists on the Star Wars plot. The only explanation I could come up with was that the director thought Star Wars was lacking in some Japanese cultural values, and decided he could do better. For example, the bad guy Darth Vader counterpart wasn't really so bad himself; it was his mother who wanted to rule the universe, and he was just an obedient son carrying out her wishes. And the Death Star was actually a home planet to some of the good guys, but they gladly saw it destroyed to defeat the bad guy, and at the end they set out to find a new home.

Aww, I love that stupid movie. I'm kind of surprised that anyone here has heard of it, honestly. I actually do think it has some interesting qualities, it's true that it's a rather obvious attempt to cash in on Star Wars, but I find it interesting that the finale of the movie bears more than a passing similarity to the ending of Return of the Jedi, which wasn't filmed until about 4-5 years later. Also, I can't help but find Vic Morrow's appearance in the movie a bit poignant considering that he was killed in an accident on the set of Twilight Zone: The Movie a few years later.

It's actually not very representative of the work of Kinji Fukasaku, who was a genuinely good director.

Kinji Fukasaku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

I don't watch a lot of movies but I would say the worst I ever saw in the theaters was Daredevil. The storyline was awful and the dialogue was dreadful. Sorry to anyone who may have liked it.

Oh also Krippendorf's Tribe was equally terrible. So bad that I don't remember a single thing about it except that I remember being extremely bored by it.

I don't watch a lot of movies but I would say the worst I ever saw in the theaters was Daredevil. The storyline was awful and the dialogue was dreadful. Sorry to anyone who may have liked it.

Watch the Director's Cut, it's a vast improvement. AKAIK, the Director's Cut is the only version that gets run on TV anymore, as if they're trying to erase the memory of the theatrical version.

Watch the Director's Cut, it's a vast improvement. AKAIK, the Director's Cut is the only version that gets run on TV anymore, as if they're trying to erase the memory of the theatrical version.

Yea I remember my friends not liking it either and they were at least into the idea of the story before we saw it. I guess they needed to make the movie longer to make any sense. It was confusing as far as I remember. Its been a long time so I don't remember nearly anything in the movie now like I did then.

It's funny when there is a character in a movie that is created to appeal to more kids ends up being the most annoying character in the entire SW universe. I can't recall anyone ever liking him.

My mum only liked him when she heard him say "how rude" for the first time. She just started laughing and has ever since - sometimes using the phrase with his tone of voice.
Thankfully, it's not often.

Haha, yes those do sound pretty dumb. Another bad one is called Battlefield Earth. Probably the worst science fiction movie ever made!

I challenge that. The worst sci-fi movies I've ever seen was Skyline, which had great special effects but a bad script, bad acting, shaky cameras and just made you think "what the hell?". I had to watch it in my media class - wish I hadn't.

The other was Barbarella. Watched it one night when I was bored and it was late. Bad acting, bad script, unconvincing characters and bad special effects.
The only thing I think anyone would get out of it was seeing a younger red-haired Jane Fonda floating around as she got undressed out of her spacesuit as well as wearing some rather revealing outfits. Seriously, in one scene she gets tied up by a group of kids, who just watch and smile as she then gets mauled by a load of toy clockwork dolls with metal teeth.

I like Jar Jar. The Clone Wars TV series does make him a significantly more useful ally and less of a complete goofball (although he still has some funny moments).

Last edited:

On the subject of bad sci-fi: Chronicle

I actually enjoyed that film, but I can see why you wouldn't like it. I'd love to have telekinetic power and just go playing pranks and flying around.
Be good for having an extra pair of hands around when needed. :D

Two picks are at the top of my "all-time worst" list: "The Girl Next Door" and "Battlefield Earth". Elisha Cuthbert is an attractive woman, but I got guilt-tripped into watching that trash, and haven't gone back since. I actually paid money for "Battlefield Earth", only to be rewarded with 3 hours of total boredom.

God most of the films I have had to watch when we got out first video made life hell (Mary Poppins for a start), but of more recent films the ones I hate are The Happening (in which we are supposed to be scared of some shaking bushes) and New Years Eve which is rubbish and annoying. As for Titanic yes I did pay to see it but I was only interested in how accurate was the ship and the sinking, the romance bit was boring, long and embarrassing.

I completely agree with you about Titanic, but I have to say that Mary Poppins was one of those films I hated as a kid, but when I grew up and watched it again, it was like seeing a completely different movie and now it's one of my favorites. Funny how that happens sometimes.

Scary Movie 2 was absolutely awful... it wasn't even funny. In fact, some of the jokes were downright offensive.

Also, I do NOT understand why people love Superbad so much, because in my (not so) humble opinion it was SUPER bad. Ha. (I'm not apologizing for my pun :p ) But seriously, that movie was just... trashy. Nasty. A mess. I don't understand in the least what is so great about it.

The League of Extraordinary Gentleman - a true train-wreck from the guy who brought us the underrated Death Machine (think Alien crossed with Robocop and Die Hard) and the first Blade film.

Here's the reviews for all three movies:

1. Death Machine

2. Blade

3. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

James Cameron's Avatar, everyone raved about the 3D graphics when it first came out, but the story was pants and had no substance. Also, the entire Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series, most overrated piles of crap ever created IMO.

Add the Matrix trilogy to that, second most overrated trilogy ever IMO.

And finally, Robocop 2 and 3, the original was an 80s classic, the second one was all violence and bad words, the story sucked, and the third one? Why? It had all the violence removed to get a lower age rating.

Last edited:
I'm unsure whether Swiss Army Man can count among either the greatest or the worst films I've ever seen. "Delightfully f*cked up" are the words that spring immediately to mind.

Hmm, I can't recall any movies I've seen that were offensively, unforgettably bad but I do remember going out to see I am Number Four with a friend several years ago at his behest and thought it was pretty lame.

Like many others, I saw Avatar when it first came out and was wowed by the visual effects but found the narrative generic as hell and not engaging whatsoever.

My mother's favorite movie is The Sound of Music and she used to make me watch it with her as a child, which I hated. But that probably had more to do with the circumstances of me watching it as opposed to the quality of the film itself. Same goes for My Best Friend's Wedding and Love Actually.

I recognize that the Human Centipede trilogy isn't exactly regarded as a shining accomplishment in film history but I find the movies entertaining regardless.

I've seen a number of them, especially the "classics" like "Plan Nine From Outer Space".

But probably the most notable recent film that I thought was a real "stinker" was "After Earth". :p Right down there with "Battlefield Earth". Can sit through a bad performance by John Travolta. Jaden Smith? Never again.

Travolta at least has range. Smith only seems to play spoiled brats. Something which apparently comes easy for him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom