• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

Gomendosi

V.I.P Member
Worst Film Ever Made Goes To...

'Illegal Aliens'.

Everybody associated with this film should be dragged out into the street and shot as an example, I actually think watching it has enbiggened my amount of dumbnity, me stewpider after seeing I swear ; ]

'Killer Tomatoes' is a cinematic masterpiece from the mind of a genius if used as a comparison!

Or have you seen a worse film?

Re: Worst Film Ever Made Goes To...

There are two candidates:

Fata Morgana: showing that there needs to be a story for me to enjoy a film.

Jimmy Hollywood: a lesson applicable to both of these movies - there are many offenses I can handle, but don't bore me. :sleep:

The Blob - too much cheesy luvvy duvvy yakking, not enough of brown goo eating people. Such a waste of time.

Daddy Day Camp is atrocious as well. It was a true test of endurance to sit through all those nauseating cliches and poo jokes, one that I failed at miserably.

I've thought of another: GALAXINA was a crime against the art of cinematography.

Lawless. Maybe not THE worst, but just a pointless film. It should have been titled Pointless. :)

'Illegal Aliens'.

Everybody associated with this film should be dragged out into the street and shot as an example, I actually think watching it has enbiggened my amount of dumbnity, me stewpider after seeing I swear ; ]

'Killer Tomatoes' is a cinematic masterpiece from the mind of a genius if used as a comparison!

Or have you seen a worse film?
Gomendosi, you definitely have one of the best senses of humor on this site, and are one of my favorite posters.

Last edited by a moderator:

The worst for me was The Sweetest Thing. I rented it and watched on my own, no suggestion from anyone, I have no idea why. I found it terribly painful to watch and didn't laugh once. Then about a year later, some new friends at work invited me to hang out with them, I had brought my little dvd wallet that had 24 fantastic films in it. What did they want to watch? The Sweetest Thing. They go "Have you seen it? OMG it is so funny?" I sat there with my mouth open, I couldn't fathom how this had happened. That I was sitting in a room with three women who thought this movie was funny. One of the early signs that these were not the friends for me, but I sat there and watched the first half with them. Then they fell asleep and I got up and put one of my own movies in.

No one has said anything about Heaven's Gate yet.
That film could justly be called The Creature That Ate United Artists
because it left that studio...non-viable from a financial point of view.

And yet, I've also noted people suggesting that the movie really wasn't
bad in an absolute sense; the idea was more that it left viewers profoundly
disappointed, or that flashes of a good/great movie were not pursued in
order to make a successful film.

What do you guys think? And can more be said about the differences between
bad movies with flashes of good in them, absolutely bad movies, franchises
exploited to the point of overkill (Jason X, Rocky V, and so on),
one-trick pony actors (Bruce Willis in the Die Hard series), and so on?

Last edited:

...I sat there and watched the first half with them. Then they fell asleep and I got up and put one of my own movies in.

Nicely done there. There would have been no point in you sitting through that movie by yourself. I hate it when everyone who picked the movie falls asleep, and you feel it is a lonely waste of time. My dad can never seem to stay awake long enough to get through any feature length movie. I'm now in the habit of glancing across at him every few minutes to check that he's awake. If he isn't, I'll pause the movie (which always wakes him up) and ask if he thinks he has the stamina to get through the rest. If he doesn't, he'll kindly let me choose something for myself.

But anyway,in answer to Douglas_MacNeill's question, I think films that show potential but don't deliver probably deliver a worse and more disappointing viewing experience than those that had no hope to begin with, because they admit defeat and can have that "so bad it's good" quality to it, and enable you to enter the mindset of poking fun at the film as you watch it from the get-go.

When my family is flicking through stations and finds a half-baked Jaws or Planet of the Apes sequel, we enjoy not taking it seriously, but the people who might have seen a promising-looking film like Hitchcock and found it contrived and awkward, would have started to take it seriously, and be angry at the film for wasting their investment in it.

Another clunker was that Star Wars film with the giant idiotic talking rabbit (JarJar Binks?) in it.

Another clunker was that Star Wars film with the giant idiotic talking rabbit (JarJar Binks?) in it.

It's funny when there is a character in a movie that is created to appeal to more kids ends up being the most annoying character in the entire SW universe. I can't recall anyone ever liking him.

Spoiler alert (select the entire text of this post to reveal);
Jar Jar dies... in the original trilogy. He's rumored to be on the planet they blow up with the death star

Select until here ;)

I've seen some pretty terrible movies. It's hard to pick one out, because there are a lot that are so bad they're...well, awesome. (The Twilight films come to mind, as does Rise of the Planet of the Apes.) Most of the non-enjoyable ones I've probably blocked from memory. Of the ones I can still remember (not many), my vote goes to Heavenly Creatures. I know some here love it...I'm sorry. :unhappy:

I typically enjoy bad movies for their comedic value, but I watched a Tyler Perry film once and it was a completely different ballpark. That man has no idea what he's trying to write and seems to just throw whatever comes into his head onto paper in the hopes that somewhere in that mess will be something that the audience will mistake for wit and sensitivity.

I like catastrophic movies which have inaccurate scientific facts, I've been deliberately watching these. Every movie with plot about earth's magnetic field getting gung ho and people's pacemakers shutting down as a result but without anything happening to the industry, or core of the earth being formed of glittery magma and cut diamonds, will have a special place in my heart. Oh, and unrealistic electricity and thunder does it also. To name one I'd say 2012 - Doomsday, that I accidentally saw as failed attempt to try watch that Hollywood story 2012.

I know this is controversial but I think it's the Wizard of Oz. THere's something about that film that just depressed the hell out of me.

"Putting up shields" ..... Ready. .... The whole Star Wars series! "looks around...ducks down" ;)

It's not that they are really bad movies in particular...well... I'll just say the ole.."To each their own"

I've just never been into such fantasy type movies. I've always preferred adventure movies of various genre. The Edge, Apocalypse Now, Big Fish, Stand By Me, Cold Mountain, Lonesome Dove, The Goonies, The Pianist, Terminator 2 and 3, Saving Private Ryan, The Rundown, Dawn of the Dead, ect. Those are my favorite types of fictional flick. I do like a good well made general action movie though. None these days beat those from the 80's and 90's though in my opinion.

I do realize that the Star Wars series would fit right into that "adventure" catagory though. All the same... worst film (series) ever made IMO and vastly overhyped by so many, also IMO.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom