• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Woman spreads Asperger's message through Youtube (SmileEachDay)

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

YouTube channel is attracting thousands interested in Asperger's syndrome.

A GISBORNE woman with Asperger’s Syndrome wants to help other people with the condition to cope with the challenges it imposes, by accessing them through her YouTube channel.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Antonia Robinson, 24, was diagnosed with Asperger’s at four and has since learned a lot about how to live with the condition.
“I was very quiet growing up, but was always told I was very intelligent and I was picked on for being too soft and a know-it-all.

“I went through my teen years on a roller-coaster and went into adulthood feeling split. Then I came to a decision that I wanted to help those who have Asperger’s syndrome or autism and help with day to day living. But I didn’t know how. Then I figured YouTube.”

She set up a YouTube channel last year called SmileEachDay, where she discusses topics like depression and sound sensitivity, and runs Q and A sessions for people who need advice.

“I have experienced a lot in my life and I know that I can help a ton of people who have the same condition as I do, and maybe I might learn a couple of things from them too.”

Questions asked previously include ‘Did you feel like you were the only one who thought the way you did when you were growing up?’

“I want to answer them all and make those who have autism or Asperger’s smile.”

She has close to 100 subscribers and her channel has attracted thousands of viewers.

SOURCE: http://gisborneherald.co.nz/localnews/2157867-135/woman-spreads-aspergers-message-through-youtube

New Zealand represent :)

Thanks AGXStarseed for all the great and informative posts. i always look forward to reading your threads

i have already subscribed and she is great, she answers everybody's questions and puts a lot of thought n work into her vids. two thumbs up:)

New Threads

Top Bottom