• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why music is so important for me

Wow, I hope you are over your medical problem? I had surgery a year ago for an umbilical hernia. The hardest part was definitely the fact that I was not in control. It was my first time under general anesthesia and I was terrified. It was a lot of worry over nothing.

I enjoyed your blog on music. It is so awesome how much music changes how we feel. I listen to all kinds depending on what mood I'm in. Sometimes it's some escape music like Pink Floyd which transports me to another universe. Sometimes it may be feel good music like classic rock or country. If I'm in a Jesus mood and want to get into my spiritual side it might be southern gospel.

I hope the guitar goes good. I've always wanted to learn an instrument just never taken the time.

Music is great!

i think its good youve got an outlet for your life pressures, music is very powerful.

i spent years being unable to listen to music or indeed any sound and i was pretty much housebound by it;i had progressed to profound hyperacusis and misophonia-possibly due to the head banging injuries i suffered,before that i was a metal lover, i am now back into metal [and electronic,some rap,some classical, anti anxiety music on youtube etc] but theres something missing i dont quite get as tranced by music that i did before.

New Threads

Top Bottom