• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who will be the next Doctor Who after Peter Capaldi?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

There's a few rumours going round on Facebook that somebody like Idris Elba might take up the role, although to be honest without being racist I don't think the fans would take to a black Doctor.

If I was casting the role, I'd consider somebody like Rowan Atkinson, or that bloke whose name I can't remember, played the Manager in the Spice Girls movie 20 years ago, or if they want a female Doctor, or even Nurse Who, Catherine Zeta Jones, the most gorgeous woman in Wales!

Thoughts?

There's a few rumours going round on Facebook that somebody like Idris Elba might take up the role, although to be honest without being racist I don't think the fans would take to a black Doctor.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with a black doctor. I would imagine there would be more people who would take issue withe a female doctor more so than a black one, as they'd all be crying about how the doctor has always been a man. I'm not sure Idris Elba would go for it, as he's still in Luther among other things.

or that bloke whose name I can't remember, played the Manager in the Spice Girls movie 20 years ago

Richard E Grant.

I'm not a fan of Doctor Who, so I don't really care who they choose.

With so many actors having played this one important part, now I can understand why they named the title character "Dr. Who" in the first place.

I mean, it sounds more elegant than "Dr. fill-in-the-blank". :p

Last edited:
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with a black doctor. I would imagine there would be more people who would take issue withe a female doctor more so than a black one, as they'd all be crying about how the doctor has always been a man. I'm not sure Idris Elba would go for it, as he's still in Luther among other things.

Richard E Grant.

I'm not a fan of Doctor Who, so I don't really care who they choose.

If you're not a fan of the subject, why post on a Dr Who topic? Post counts on forums are irrelevant.

If you're not a fan of the subject, why post on a Dr Who topic? Post counts on forums are irrelevant.

Seriously? Assuming people are bothering to reply to you topic for post count? No I don't like Dr Who, but I thought I could weigh in on the discussion on whether fans of the show would cope with a black doctor or a woman, because you stated that you didn't think they would 'take' to a black doctor. I disagree, so I replied.

I agree with @xudo, I don't think people wouldn't mind a black actor playing the Doctor as much as they would a female Doctor.
I'm feeling just a little offended at your suggestion of Nurse Who though. Female doctors are doctors too, not nurses.

Typecasting is a strange dynamic in the entertainment world. Those who support strict realism versus those who want to broaden or even obscure such notions in the name of creativity. I suppose the ultimate decider in such competing concepts is overall audience appeal.

I've always been partial to Tom Baker simply because I thought he was a great actor with range.

Fans of Doctor Who: I don't know how I feel about a woman doctor.
Elizabeth Blackwell: Wow, that takes me back.

I don't understand why people are so against a female doctor. It's an alien who travels through time, in a fictional television program.

My sister made this after reading comments on the announcement and posted it on Twitter. It's been retweeted thousands of times and even stolen by a Dr Who fan facebook page :tearsofjoy:

Screenshot_2017-07-17-17-34-42.png

New Threads

Top Bottom