• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which episode of Star Trek describes you best?

Fridgemagnetman

I only have one
V.I.P Member
From any of the franchises.

This one always leapt out at me. I've always been looking for that place of silence. Although I'm not a telepath - there is always that constant thought process, similar to what I imagine a telepath has who can't filter out the voices.

Tin man

The Enterprise brings aboard the Betazoid Federation emissary Tam Elbrun (Harry Groener), and takes him to a distant star system. Elbrun, whom Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) previously knew when he was a mental patient, has a history of mental instability due to his overpoweringly strong telepathic capabilities, but his unique skills are used for first contact situations with alien life. On this particular mission, Elbrun's abilities are needed to try to coax a giant sentient spaceship, code named "Tin Man," away from a star that is about to go supernova. It also comes to light that the star is in a Romulan-claimed area of space, and that this is a race to claim the ship. Elbrun finds it impossible to filter out the thoughts of the Enterprise crew, but finds solace in meeting Lt. Commander Data (Brent Spiner), who Elbrun is initially puzzled by finding what he calls 'absence of mind'; he finds relief in developing a friendship with Data, who, being an artificial lifeform, has no organic mind to be read.

When they arrive, the Enterprise is attacked and disabled by a Romulan Warbird that had overly stressed their engines to catch up to them. The Romulans race ahead to try and communicate with Tin Man. When Elbrun gleans from the Romulans telepathically that they intend to destroy Tin Man if they can't claim it, he sends it a telepathic warning to Tin Man. Tin Man suddenly comes to life and emits an energy wave that destroys the Warbird and further damages the Enterprise. Elbrun, now in communication with Tin Man, reveals that it calls itself Gomtuu. The creature is millennia-old and formerly had a crew, but they were lost in a radiation accident. Due to a combination of remorse, loneliness, and a lack of purpose, Gomtuu wishes to die in the supernova. Elbrun requests to be beamed aboard the creature, but Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) is cautious of this action. When a second warbird arrives, Picard lets Elbrun transport to Gomtuu along with Data to help procure the ship. Elbrun is initially overwhelmed by Gomtuu, but eventually comes to identify himself with the ship.

With the supernova imminent, the elated Elbrun informs Data he will stay with Gomtuu, believing it is where he truly belongs. Moments before the start of the supernova, Gomtuu creates another energy wave that sends the Enterprise and the Warbird spinning out of the star system in separate directions before they are caught in the nova blast. As the Enterprise regains control, they find Data aboard the bridge, who reports what happened aboard Gomtuu. When Data discusses the events with Troi, Data comes to realize that like Elbrun with Gomtuu, the Enterprise is where he belongs.

Tinman wiki

Star Trek = life
I'm watching season 2 of Enterprise this week :3. I have all seasons of all series minus Enterprise, because I got Netflix and it was all in there, yay so happy, but now I have Amazon Prime now too and it's all on there and it doesn't make you hit play ever episode, super yay.

I could never pick one episode, but TNG is my bread and butter probably followed by DS9 since it keeps up with O'BRIAN, Keiko, and Worf. Jadzia is bomb, if I had had a girl I swear I was going to name her Jadzia.

Anything with Q is <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Right now I'm wishing T'Pol would be my friend. ^-^

I can't wait for the next series, are they still working on that? Oh please I hope so!

Have you ever seen the Gundam Style parody Klingon Style on YouTube? Omg SO awesome! <3 <3 <3

I freaking live for this s***! :>

New Threads

Top Bottom