• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When your special interests collide

FromEquestria2LA

We've all had some moments when your special interests come together, in some way. Discuss that here, whether it be when they happened, what you do, et al.
-----
In May 2013, I had the pleasure of going to San Jose, CA and visiting FanimeCon there (the anime con). And by stroke of luck thanks to the NHL lockout, I went to the San Jose Sharks/Los Angeles Kings playoff game at the nearby SAP Center (then the HP Pavillion). And this is one example of my special interests colliding; I got to indulge in two things! And I even thought about game shows during the whole thing, so that's three in one shot.

I just hope I can make it to a Canucks game one of these days, however..... tickets are so pricey, though!

If you can call it that. I want to read, but I want to write. Reading usually wins, but only because I have no place I can sit comfortably and in perfect solitude at the same time.

My obsession with morality and with beauty. Some things are terrible, but still beautiful in their own way, which can be hard to stomach. Something immoral, such as vandalism, can result in a beautiful (albeit illegal graffiti) mural. The evils of war have prompted some of the most beautiful literature humanity has to offer. This sometimes sits unwell with me, but not as frequently as it used to.

I am a musician who also has an obsession with anime, so I started an anime cover band. Sadly, it didn't work out, but for a moment it was a beautiful convergence of two things I love.

My special interests all came together many years ago, I took the opportunity to synthesise the whole thing into a marketable product and enjoyed decades of doing what I love whilst being paid.

My interests were mutually reinforcing. As a result, I invented my first career job four years before it actually became a recognized career with a title. After that happened again, here I am. I keep explaining what seems obvious to me to people who can't quite figure out how I got to where I am:

how did someone like me arrive
our minds are not the same
if they were the same
you would be here
The Collected Songs of Cold Mountain

New Threads

Top Bottom