• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When you take control over not going somewhere.

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
My husband told me that we are invited to another couple for brunch and at first, I was sort of ok about it, but for some reason, kept forgetting it ( not usual, because of stressing, so always in my mind) and this morning I realised why. I checked something first, and heart sort of dropped and so, texted my husband to say that it is just not possible to go to this couple tomorrow and of course, naturally he gets back to try and find a way of going, but I was firm, because I felt suddenly not so embarrassed (usually feel there is a brick wall was up against me). It is MY choice if I go or not and as it happens, not going and then, text the couple in question and just received one back to say that she prefers next weds, but that is just not possible. I gave a date and it is not accepted, but that is not my fault.

I do not wish to go into too much detail of why all this is happening, but just know that I feel tons easier for not going and not for the reason of less panic. Ok, it is to do with finances. You see, this couple are quite affluent and I cannot go along and just listen to them go on about what they are able to do and knowing that my husband is virtually killing himself, to bring in a basic wage!

The only thing I wish for, is that I learned I am pretty good at accounts many year's ago, rather than now, when really, it could be too late, but surprisingly, each day, brings new thoughts and appreciation and understanding. Not bad for someone who is absolutely useless at maths; but hey, trusty calculator is wonderful and online banking.

I feel rather liberated.

New Threads

Top Bottom