• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What should I spend my money on?

Theatre tickets or Xbox game? What to buy?

• Tickets to Addams Family

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Cities Skylines on Xbox

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Save up for both, the show's not till September

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

There's a game comes out on Xbox One tomorrow, Cities Skylines which I wouldn't mind playing, but also there's a show coming up, the Stage version of the Addams Family with Les Dennis as Uncle Fester at the Lyceum in September.

I can't afford both, so help me decide which to buy?

Personally, from reading up on the plot of the Addams family play, I wouldn't go see it. I would say that if you really want to see it and you also want to play the game, I would get one now and save for the other. Probably get the tickets now, just in case they're not available down the line and save for the game, which will always be available (and will likely go down in price).

There's also another show coming in July, the Wedding Singer, starring Ruth Madoc aka Gladys Pugh from Hi De Hi, I used to love her 30 odd years ago.

I might look up the prices of the tickets and see if I can save to book both shows, as mentioned I've already booked for Our House in August.

In my personal opinion, I'd go for the game. It's cool to go to the theater and all, but you can only see it and really experience it once. With the game, you can come back to it and experience it multiple times.

If the show is good then this is really entertain length versus entertainment quality. The former being Cities. Seeing the reviews for Cities on PC a few years ago I think this game is what SimCity should have been like. I'm a fan of Crusader Kings 2, another game from Paradox and I can say their games are very good, however the DLC is where they get their money from which if you add it all up you spend quite a bit if you enjoy the game. Entirely optional though of course.

I have no opinion on the show. I've never watched Adam's Family but a theatre is a good experience regardless.

You could buy your game later, it's not like it's going to cease to exist after a few months, and if you wait you will be able to check out reviews to see if the game is really worth buying (and if you wait long enough the price might drop or you could find an used copy!).

If you like The Adams Family, you guys should check out Adult Wednesday Adams on youtube. That series is pure gold!

I am thoroughly shocked that there are still people who haven't seen the Addams Family films (Addams Family and Addams Family Values) :p
I freakin LOVE Addams Family! Wednesday is my favourite, and I'll be getting a Wednesday Addams tattoo at some point.

I wouldn't get either. Keep your money and save up for an emergency. It's always good to have a rainy day fund.

Time to start saving half the money you receive, for your future, it's what adults do.

I am thoroughly shocked that there are still people who haven't seen the Addams Family films (Addams Family and Addams Family Values) :p
Addams Family rules! Morticia, Gomez, Wednesday, Thing, Cousin It, Lurch (who is also a character in Star Trek TNG yay), Fester, and Pugsly. <3 Such good cinimea. I really loved Wednesday's Thanksgiving haha You must check them out if you haven't seen them. I thought they might of been Tim Burton but I guess they're not, very similar to his style. I love their house soooooooo much, would be the BEST place to visit/live!! <3

If you like The Adams Family, you guys should check out Adult Wednesday Adams on youtube. That series is pure gold!

This!!

b5d35d5d-acc4-4938-80bd-918b04cf8682_1.6c38c1113da381473a774fb9e1e1c0d5.jpeg

Time to start saving half the money you receive, for your future, it's what adults do.

Yeah. True, odds are one doesn't necessarily need to save for a "rainy day".

However it's those "monsoons" that life throws at you that you have to be prepared for. :eek:

Yeah. True, odds are one doesn't necessarily need to save for a "rainy day".

Recall being terrified when something would go wrong with the car, or when we needed to buy a proper bed. We couldn't afford it, and had no emergency cushion. Hated that so much, so I found another job, on top of the one I already had. Then, my husband who is exceptional at tests, aced several, and it was better financially.

I've heard some people say they find it more fulfilling to spend their money on experiences that material things so maybe you want to go for the play.

I've heard some people say they find it more fulfilling to spend their money on experiences that material things so maybe you want to go for the play.

It happens. I once went to see an Andrew Lloyd Webber play and never regretted it. Even though generally most plays don't interest me.

220px-Phantom.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom