• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What pathetic things get you raging with anger?

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
For me: about 3 day's ago, I decided to have a go with my bread machine and, yep, make some bread, so I go online to search for a recipe that has no sugar in it and went through a site and proceeded to have choices and so, did the choices and was put right though to tons of recipes and scrolled down, not really liking what I read and then came to one that I did like and looked at the ingredients and thought: that sounds interesting. Bread made with mainly eggs, milk and honey and followed the instructions and voila the next day, had a decent loaf of bread; a bit flat on top, because I had removed the kneeders too soon. Loved it so much. Looked like a brick ( as hubby kindly referred to it, for its shape) but as soft as anything and really tasty. So, coming to the end of it and decide to have another go and, nearly moaned out loud when I saw what I thought I had saved, I had not: the ingredients. I have tried searching the very website that I got it from and cannot find it and in truth, I went into a rage of frustration.

Calmed down now, though, but so upset. I can actually remember most of the ingredients but very hazy on the actual weights etc, which is pretty crucial when making bread.

I do so hate getting this angry and all too often get this way over really silly things!

The fact that my Fibre Broadband has seemed slow all week, although having said that I watched a show on the WWE Network on Wednesday and there was no buffering so it's not too bad.

One of the things that constantly has fueled my anger is my spiritual life. I often feel like a failure in the eyes of God, wanting so desperately to trust Him but not knowing how. I know He is real, and I do believe that Jesus has saved me...but there's long been a huge gap between my mind and heart in this regard. I want to know Him as the Savior He really is, not just some carpenter's son from a book.

I get ridiculously angry and frustrated at things that I perceive as wrong or unjust. I know I can't change them but it really riles me. It can be something big, like say, a company exploiting rules to not pay tax or singing small like someone jumping a queue. My husband doesn't understand why I react this way, and will say something like "that's just how it is" and I'm like but it shouldn't be. I always thought it was just me.

Not sure if I'd consider EVERYTHING that angers me "pathetic" but I've developed some SERIOUS anger problems, especially over the past 4-5 years.

There are many contributing factors, one of the big ones surprisingly being my MASSIVE caffeine consumption which I think is more serious than most realize, keeping my cortisol levels super high.

But at this point all kinds of things anger me.

I post on a number of different forums on a number of topics, and (now don't worry guys, I am SURE it won't happen here amongst like minded people and I'll control myself), but when people insult me on some of them (NONE are mental health websites) I've just lost it.

You might say an insult should always anger one, but I've been told to have thick skin and never developed it, and these are VERY rarely things that should anger a "normal" person, and sometimes they are not even real insults at all, I just think they are.

I frequently argue with my family over both big and small things.

And when I'm in a particularly bad mood nearly anything could set me off.

The thing with me is, I explode quickly and then IF it involves other people and I've done or said ANYTHING even REMOTELY wrong I PROFUSELY apologize very quickly.

Sometimes I may even apologize if I don't perceive myself as having done anything wrong because I want to keep the peace.

I might be off-kilter, but I also have pretty strong self awareness of my issues, and I cant STAND knowing I've said or done anything wrong and NOT having the other person realize that I know it.

But even after apologizing, or being set off by whatever it is, it can sometimes take a long time to calm down.

Like I said, I can blame some of it on caffeine, and also to be honest some other mild to moderate substance abuse at times...but the underlying factor is my anger at myself and never doing or being what I want to do or be.

Unlike some with anger issues who have that so repressed they aren't conscious of it, ALMOST every time I know it's me I'm really angry at.

While it's good to have that insight, and can AT TIMES help to maintain friendships/relationships (I've also lost a few good ones because of it which sadden me to this day...)...at the end of the day, I'm still left knowing I'm not what I want to be.

If that didn't cue you in...I have some depression issues haha.

Bad user interfaces and website layouts. When you have to spend forever wading aimlessly through countless sub-menus just hoping you'll get lucky and find what you're looking for, that's not good design. -_-''

(Not referring to this site by the way~)

Last edited:
A lot of the stuff I get angry about I wouldn't call pathetic but many other people would think it is. One look through my posts (especially in The Ranting Room thread) should well establish the kinds of things that make my blood boil.

Bad user interfaces and website layouts. When you have to spend forever wading aimlessly through countless sub-menus just hoping you'll get lucky and find what you're looking for, that's not good design. -_-''

(Not referring to this site by the way~)

AKA YouTube? :unamused: I hate how the inbox is buried under multiple links and you don't get notifications from it anymore. I hardly ever use mine these days, whereas in, say, 2009, I used it every day.

Little things that make me angry are having to fight my hair for hours trying to get it into a clip and not falling/sticking out randomly, websites loading by rearranging themselves, my computer doing things that I did not command it to (for example, taking me to another page when I did not click on a link), trying to pick something up and constantly dropping it and ultimately managing to grasp it with my fingertips and nothing more, trying to do something and not getting any results so I try harder and then getting too much of a result when it suddenly decides to start working... I could go on and on forever. It's these little things that make life a struggle and sometimes the simplest task is, for whatever reason, hard for me.

The fact that my Fibre Broadband has seemed slow all week, although having said that I watched a show on the WWE Network on Wednesday and there was no buffering so it's not too bad.

Oh, heck, I often wonder how my mouse manages to work for me, for the amount of time I bash it on the table, with sheer frustration at how slow my computer will get and I am not given to swearing, but, dear me, I have to constantly apologise to my Creator for what comes out of my mouth, due to how utterly angry I am!

Glad your channel behaved itself for you :)

One of the things that constantly has fueled my anger is my spiritual life. I often feel like a failure in the eyes of God, wanting so desperately to trust Him but not knowing how. I know He is real, and I do believe that Jesus has saved me...but there's long been a huge gap between my mind and heart in this regard. I want to know Him as the Savior He really is, not just some carpenter's son from a book.

Interesting, because I am a christian too and often feel a failure in the eyes of our Creator.

If you get in touch with me privately, I can give you a link that may help you with getting closer to your Creator? I would give it here, but not sure if that is permissable.

I get ridiculously angry and frustrated at things that I perceive as wrong or unjust. I know I can't change them but it really riles me. It can be something big, like say, a company exploiting rules to not pay tax or singing small like someone jumping a queue. My husband doesn't understand why I react this way, and will say something like "that's just how it is" and I'm like but it shouldn't be. I always thought it was just me.

YES, me too! A little sentence actually helps to calm me down, that I read a short while ago: We should not expect justice in this ungodly world and just wait on our Creator to sort it out. I am, of course a christian, and why it helps me.

So right there about about how NT's always say that is how it is, which actually fuels my anger in more, because it SHOULDN'T be: that's just how it is!

I cannot stand injustice and it does get me fuming, to the extent that choice swear words, escape and I am not given to swearing and hate it as well.

You might say an insult should always anger one, but I've been told to have thick skin and never developed it, and these are VERY rarely things that should anger a "normal" person, and sometimes they are not even real insults at all, I just think they are.

I am told that you have to by hypersensitive to get upset over an insult. Well, sorry but I disagree. An insult is an insult and you have to be pretty narcissist to just not let it affect you!

Lol what constitutes as a "not real insult"? I guess it is joking at another's expense, but that in itself is cruel too!

Just to say that whilst in bed, I suddenly groaned and thought: oh no and checked my phone and there is the recipe for my bread mix! I knew I had saved it, but I thought I had copied it on to my tablet notepad and so, not seeing it there, went into a bizarre state of panic and yet, I was so sure I had saved it! Yes, I took a photo of the recipe online!

YES, me too! A little sentence actually helps to calm me down, that I read a short while ago: We should not expect justice in this ungodly world and just wait on our Creator to sort it out. I am, of course a christian, and why it helps me

That's good that you have something to help calm you down. I'm an atheist, so that sentence wouldn't really help me!

So right there about about how NT's always say that is how it is, which actually fuels my anger in more, because it SHOULDN'T be: that's just how it is!

I should have pointed out, my husband isn't NT. He has atypical autism, but he can see more things from an NT perspective than I can.

When I can't find a particular piece of clothing.
When my kids cry or make alot of noise.
When my computer or phone runs slow.
When I'm tired, but have had sleep.
When my dog barks.
When the Dr/dentist etc is running late.
When the train/bus is running late.
When its busy in shops or the street and people walk like ****ing snails.
When I spend what little energy I have cleaning and tidying then someone makes a huge mess.
When someone scrapes their knife/fork either on the plate or on their teeth.
Racism
Unfair generalisation and stereotyping
Bullying

I'm sure there's more, but that gives you the gist.

hat's good that you have something to help calm you down. I'm an atheist, so that sentence wouldn't really help me!

It is very unusal for an atheist to care so much about injustice. Why are you an atheist?

When I'm not treated well by friends and family. It's easy for me to simply drop friends, by which I mean I can break any attachment I had with them with ease. With family I can't do that, so when I am not functioning at a high level I have to resort to avoidance. As I've gotten older I've found I can change the way other people think. A lot of times the people talking down to me are very arrogant, have been told I am smart, and find some joy in trying to prove to themselves that they are smarter than I am. I can "run circles around them" half the time (embarrassing them; publicly if possible), but my brain kind of slows down when I'm in a depressed mood and it's hard for me to defend myself.

I'm not sure I agree with that... I am also an atheist but I care very much about injustices in the world... What makes you think atheists are uncaring in that respect?

Fair enough! I was just going by the majority who really do not care about injustice, so my apologies for that.

However, since this time of year is based on a christian activity, why do you celebrate and what causes you to be an atheist?

If I am wrong even about that ie that you celebrate then again, my apologies :)

New Threads

Top Bottom