• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What other conditions do you have?

I'm pretty sure I have OCD. I also think I might have PTSD,SPD and ADHD. I get awfuly depressed when I think of my life and how it seems to be going nowhereat all. I do think that a lot of these disorders share traits, so it might just be mild versions or simply part of the autism. The OCD has always been there and has been getting worse. I can't seem to understand my emotions and feelings, resulting in awful situations.
All of these are manageable, but at great expense as far as energy levels go. I need to break away and reset at least once a year.
Only after my marriage ended and I started to explore my own thoughts more did I realise that I was different and that the problems I've had over my lifetime(35 years old) It took 35 years to get here and my journey has only started!!

I am hyper mobile and hyperactive and have problems with my feet. I got a hernia because of my awkward gait. I'm constantly in some sort of pain involving knees, hips and back. I don't feel scratches, only realise when I feel the blood running down my leg for example.I can regulate my body temperature quite well, I only have one duvet all year and my sleeping clothes are always the same type.

I sometimes have very long periods of severe depression, which is related to not being capable of socializing. I enjoy spending a lot of time alone, but there are times when I want so badly to be able to communicate with people, like I see my mom and my friend doing. Also, my family was in a bad car accident when I was about 15 years old, and I ended up with a pinched nerve in my neck and damage to my spine. I've had some seriously bad pain and other assorted problems due to that. Not long after the accident, I also started getting shingles on a regular basis. It doesn't really cause me any serious problems, but it can be uncomfortable and it doesn't look good (lol). Ah, well, at least they always appear on an inconspicuous part of my body. I've recently started using Omega-3 fatty acids to help strengthen my immune system, and that seems to be keeping the shingles away, so far.

Being a perfectionist may be one of the most debilitating problems that I have. Even when I'm doing the most insignificant, mundane job (like mowing a lawn or washing dishes) I'll burn myself out doing it until I'm satisfied that I've gotten as close to perfection as possible. I've been driven to exhaustion, and even close to mental breakdown, at times, because of my drive to attain perfection at everything I set my hand to do. Because of this, I usually try to only take on tasks that I feel are important enough to consume all of my concentration and energy. I'm getting better at not taking dish washing so seriously, though, so I am making a little progress (hehe).

I have tinnitus, but I've learned to ignore it most of the time.

Last edited:
Allergies, Depression, Anxiety, Chronic Migraines and Tension Headaches. Farsightedness. Tinnitus. Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. TMJ. Functioning Heart Murmur. GERD. I also tend to sprain or fracture my left ankle about once every two years.

I also have some traits of OCD like a need for things to "feel even".

Man this is depressing to list out.

Oh synesthesia. That's a cool one. I feel like I deserve some sort of savant-ism for all this crap I deal with, lol.

An anxiety disorder, can't remember what the doc said it was called. Depression (had that on and off since i was 14, i'm now 31. Thankfully it's not too bad right now). Reading up about it, I probably have OCD but since I've been that way for so long, I've developed work-arounds to manage and now it's just become part of me. When i'm nervous / anxious I have tics but I've always thought that was my Aspergers and that's just a part of me too. Constant pain, ranging from just in one part of me on a good day, to everywhere all the time on a bad day. Don't know what that is. I'm useless at explaining anything verbally. About once a year I try again to explain to a doctor but so far, I've just been given some strong painkillers which "take the edge off it" but still don't know what it is. Most doctors have implied that I'm either making it up (which makes me so angry :mad::mad:) or i'm imagining it. I'm convinced it's neither. Constant neck pain since a car accident 2 years ago.
But I'm happy to be alive, when I think about it.. That car accicdent killed my partner of 5 years instantly. And I'm still here so I'm going to be the best single mum I can :)
Sorry, went a bit off topic there.......

An anxiety disorder, can't remember what the doc said it was called. Depression (had that on and off since i was 14, i'm now 31. Thankfully it's not too bad right now). Reading up about it, I probably have OCD but since I've been that way for so long, I've developed work-arounds to manage and now it's just become part of me. When i'm nervous / anxious I have tics but I've always thought that was my Aspergers and that's just a part of me too. Constant pain, ranging from just in one part of me on a good day, to everywhere all the time on a bad day. Don't know what that is. I'm useless at explaining anything verbally. About once a year I try again to explain to a doctor but so far, I've just been given some strong painkillers which "take the edge off it" but still don't know what it is. Most doctors have implied that I'm either making it up (which makes me so angry :mad::mad:) or i'm imagining it. I'm convinced it's neither. Constant neck pain since a car accident 2 years ago.
But I'm happy to be alive, when I think about it.. That car accicdent killed my partner of 5 years instantly. And I'm still here so I'm going to be the best single mum I can :)
Sorry, went a bit off topic there.......
Two other things I forgot. Chronic insomnia - I wanted to go to bed at around 7pm but got so bored that here I am again (11pm). And I'm very forgetful. ... Ironic really, that I forgot that o_O Both have been since I had that car accident. Not sure if hitting my head caused it or losing my soulmate

Two other things I forgot. Chronic insomnia - I wanted to go to bed at around 7pm but got so bored that here I am again (11pm). And I'm very forgetful. ... Ironic really, that I forgot that o_O Both have been since I had that car accident. Not sure if hitting my head caused it or losing my soulmate

I hope you'll get some respite soon.

For mental I have anxiety, depression, mild schizophrenia (I was never legally diagnosed because the doctor said he didn't want to create problems for me in the future), some crazy kind of anger issues and a thing I developed recently from stress that basically stops me from enjoying anything.
Physically I have sever back and joint pains because I grew to fast through puberty and my body can't handle it, really light sensitive eyes so I can't go outside without sunglasses and a back covered in very painful sores caused by the stretch mark scars I got from growing so fast.
On the plus side I have awesome night vision and I'm 2 meters tall.

I have fibromyalgia and migraines which make my noise, light, and touch sensitivity even higher. Chronic insomnia, I can never sleep. Anxiety, depression, PTSD from abuse and neglect as a child. Frequent nightmares. Fear of heights and a growing agoraphobia.... Thats all I want to talk about for now. And of course AS.

Last edited:
I'm way too much over-sensitive and impressionable, anything can make me overly happy, very sad, etc, but I always try to hide it, because mine emotions are always out-of-proportions than from those NTs. Ievan Polkka (Miku remix) made me cry in emotion and I don't even know why, if it's so female and "dumb" from a different viewpoint.
Also I see lots of demonic eyes and faces over textures, be it walls, tables, curtains, smoke, etc. They used to give me panic attacks at school, street, whatever place that I could get in big shame, and now anytime I see them (most of the day, everyday) I get so angry, I can be hitting lots of things while everyone wonders what the hell am I trying to hit.

Not sure if all this is the reason, but I'm getting strong anger issues lately. While being so physically clumsy and failing at the simplest things, sometimes things go over belief and I just throw a tantrum. Why can't I be perfect!

I have fibromyalgia too and we share many other health issues. So you're in good company.

I have fibromyalgia and migraines which make my noise, light, and touch sensitivity even higher. Chronic insomnia, I can never sleep. Anxiety, depression, PTSD from abuse and neglect as a child. Frequent nightmares. Fear of heights and a growing agoraphobia.... Thats all I want to talk about for now. And of course AS.

besides classic autism,i have mild intellectual disability,lifelong epilepsy,reactive attachment disorder,severe sciatica due to damage to spinal nerves from fighting against full police restraint for 20 hrs then being roughly restrained at least once every day afterwards for four months by clinical support workers.
sleep apnea-i have a cpap machine but i dont use it currently as i cant cope with it,i cant sleep with it on as i cant stop my brain focusing on it,i have hyperacusis and misophonia,i have trigeminal neuralgia-had it since 18 now 32,waiting for an op to cure it.
i have tinnitus,ive had skull fractures from acute extended head banging on a concrete wall without my helmet on, as a result ive had brain injuries that affected my short term memory even more than it is already,caused tinnitus and affected my vision and mental health.
i have severe major depressive disorder with pyschosis,i have severe anxiety and panic attacks,i have severe challenging behavior,and i have pica.
i think thats near enough it. :D

I have various "psychological"/neurological issues: Depression, OCD, Anxiety Disorder, Manic Depressive Disorder and Temporal Lobe Epiliepsy (which comes from structural assymetry of the hippocampus).

I also have various chronic conditions: Asthma, Allergies, PCOS and suspected Cushings Syndrome. It also worth mentioning that I had anorexia nervosa as a teenager, although now I am overweight due to the Cushings Syndrome. I also have Intercranial Pressure not related to large tumour growth in the brain.

I have cleft palate and a speech impairment. They have largely been repaired over many years, last surgery being in 2006 when I was 34. You can still tell I'm a clefty, and my speech is still quite nasally but at least most people understand me better now.

Before this though, I looked way different, I stood out too much. Stares, finger ponting and sniggers, verbal and physical assaults etc... My speech was so poor pre 1997 that most couldn't really undersand me. I had always thought my low self esteem was just due to the social stigmas I faced with this, but now I've realised it is more than this, since I've recently discovered I probably have Asperger's. It explains why most people who are cleft seem to get on with life, gain confidence, qualifications, settle down and get married and find good careers, even with speech impairment. Yet I cannot. My cleft and speech issues has understandably masked my Asperger's very well, that it has passed everybody by, especially me. It is not just a simple case of social anxiety due to my cleft. It is far more than that, and has been for as long as I can remember, pre-school.

All the confusion has literally driven me to I think near insanity. It has costed me relationships, friends, family and even to an extent my liberty. It has driven me to total despair with all the regretful mistakes and poor errors of judgment I've made in life which are now irreversible, due to the utter total depression, isolation and low self-worth, with little to no empathy from others arising from it all. Just even more criticism which only makes things worse. It has been a lethal combination with me and without exaggeration I now live alone in constant remorse with no more hopes and dreams for the future. I feel like an empty shell.

I wish I could start all over differently.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom