• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you want to kick the television today?

NeoPhile

Can I get a "Bright not Broken"?
In this thread, we talk about something we saw on TV today that got our goat. I'll go first:
On the news today, there was an "Expert" talking about autism, and he said, "I think most people would like to know what's going on in the mind of an autistic spectrum person."
WELL THEN WHY DON'T YOU JUST FREAKING ASK US, YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING?!?!?
There. Done venting now.
What made you want to kick the television today?

Ever since the internet. I Haven't owned or watch TV anymore. Doesn't mean I don't watch tv shows and movies. I just don't do it on a TV anymore. When it come to my TV entertainment, I like to choose what I want, when I want.

Ever since the internet. I Haven't owned or watch TV anymore. Doesn't mean I don't watch tv shows and movies. I just don't do it on a TV anymore. When it come to my TV entertainment, I like to choose what I want, when I want.

All this! :3

The news. Journalism is dead. Instead of revealing the truth, the so-called news is now a nauseating, feelgood panel show where the group of personalities (such as they are) are the focus, rather than the facts.

Quit the TV habit well over 20 years ago.

Have felt better about myself since then. TV was a completely un-realistic reflection of life that only poisoned my mind.

Honestly? TRUMP. Trump, frump, bump, mump, dump, grump, hump, rump, slump... HUMph... ( Insert disgruntled farting noise ) Man, I miss Canada!

Yup, I'm a Netflix nerd:D ( Watching "Badlands" and "Gotham" right now:rolleyes: )

im watching my now TV box and it friggin does my head in when there are adverts when you watch the ITV hub or whatever , i hate adverts,i forget everything said previously.....however,i have severe spinal nerve damage thanks to greater manchester police and a gaggle of clinical support workers so i cannot lift my leg up to kick my tv and to be fair its the people who run ITV etc who need a bit of a kicking.

Hearing the term "season finale" on shows you really enjoy doesn't make me endearing towards television producers.

"The Americans", and "Humans" coming to mind first and foremost. Simply not enough episodes each year. Then again there will never be enough episodes of "The Walking Dead" to satisfy me. Go figure. :eek:

I love watching Law & Order: SVU on Universal, but having ads every 15 minutes really annoys me. Especially when the show is just getting good.

Brexit! Article 50! Terror attacks in London! Grr FFS! If the UK wants OUT of Europe, get the heck on with it.

For the record, I voted remain, because I don't spend all day moaning about immigration issues and immigrants in general.

Honestly? TRUMP. Trump, frump, bump, mump, dump, grump, hump, rump, slump... HUMph... ( Insert disgruntled farting noise ) Man, I miss Canada!

Hump Trump's dumb rump bump
Frump Trump's slump grump mump

Lol were we trying to make a poem? :p

but having ads every 15 minutes really annoys me. Especially when the show is just getting good.

Especially when they run the AD's at a higher volume than the show is. Talk about sensory overload. Make me wanna get up and karate kick the f*cking TV across the room.

Especially when they run the AD's at a higher volume than the show is. Talk about sensory overload. Make me wanna get up and karate kick the f*cking TV across the room.
They always do that -.- tots annoying, I usually hit mute for the as if I didn't have something with ads like Crackle or Popcorn Flix they just tend to play the same 2-3 adds over and over and over and over and over...... @_@

Various Disney sitcoms, Teen Titans Go! desecrating Tim Burton's 1993 masterpiece, and The 7D being cancelled.

Hump Trump's dumb rump bump
Frump Trump's slump grump mump

Lol were we trying to make a poem? :p
Not sure - it just came out - :rolleyes:
My grandpa used to say : "Maybe I'm a poet, and don't know it? My feet are "longfellows"!" o_O;)
On my "poetry"...
Honestly?
I've flushed better things:eek:

All4's catch-up videos not playing
The disclaimers before practically any programme
The MoneySupermarket ad (worst ever ad IMO)

I wouldn't know these days, I've been television free for years now. With sites like Youtube and Netflix, I'm in complete control of what I want to watch now instead of the other way around. That's right, I'm sticking it to the man! Take that and put it in your pipe! Um...

If I had to take a guess here, it would be the 1,000th mention of Trump (nobody gets sick of hearing about him, ever!), middle-east this, overseas that, drug advertisements, daytime programming (I'll admit, Jerry Springer made for some good comedy before they curbed the chair tossing and hair pulling)...the list just goes on and on...

Last edited:
The new Prison Break, they didn't learn from their old mistakes and the conspiracy plot is even more stupid than it ever was.

New Threads

Top Bottom