• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your job?

Well I work in construction primarily as a framer. I have worked in job in construction,ranch king,agriculture, land upkeep. I've even done some work as wildland firefighter where I did backbreaking labor on a gnarly hand crew!

I am just interested

I've been a programmer and an electronic technician, but now I am semi-retired, a caregiver and deliver free newspapers twice a week.

Well, where to start? I'm self employed, part time, when I wanna be employed. Seriously though, I deliver newspapers 6 nights a week, I do odd jobs, trash outs, property cleanups, scrap metal, buy, sell, trade stuff, handyman stuff, repair cars, repair broken furniture, move people. etc.

I used to be in the Military. Did super-duper secret Nuclear Submarine detection and tracking stuff for five years, transfered to the Air Force, and did Helicopter and Aircraft Maintenance in a Search and Rescue Squadron (Canadian Armed Forces).

Then I had a breakdown, and left.

Did nothing for the next 10 years.

Then got back to work, started small and easy, part time jobs, and/or doing housecleaning and stuff. Now I'm working doing Maintenance tracking and upkeeping Technical Records for a Helicopter company that operates 40 plus helicopter.

JobS, plural. Part-time security guard and part-time Postal clerk. @60 hr weeks. Wife complains about me being gone but I don't hear much about the money! Also dad, husband, janitor, mediator, grounds keeper, complaint department, diaper changer, hobbyist, and of course, a full time Aspie.
Mrs. Midlife: Medical Lab Tech, wife, mom, caregiver, accountant, complainer, nurse, reader, homemaker, planner, and Aspie husband tolerator.
Mr. and Mrs. Twilight: Most of the above on some occasions.

I'm a food service utility worker on the Microsoft campus in Redmond. I've worked in many cafes in the 8 years I've been there. I'd like to get into accounting. I'm now taking online courses on that subject.

I'm in my third career:
  1. Editing (mostly science fiction/fantasy and math/science, but a little bit of everything)
  2. IT
  3. Work for a scientific organization in the area of emerging/advanced technologies.

Long time coder and IT professional, transitioned to online marketing (I do very well) and social interaction (struggling with that, led to my diagnosis.)

I also write a cat advice site and I'm working on a book. I hope for this to become a home-based business to give me a retirement income. Sooner the better!

Right now I'm a dad primarily, but I have worked as an aide in group homes for disabled adults, an EMT, a camp counselor, park ranger, patient rights advocate, pastor, author, etc.

I've been working in a hardware store for almost five years now while I been going to college. Recently I've been offer acceptance into the local piper-fitter and plumbers union but no work yet from them just lots of classes.

Field merchendiser/Auditor

I work for loads of companies each of which having loads of clients. This involves visiting all kinds of stores (home improvement, supermarkets, garden centres etc) and doing things such as setting up displays, merchendising stock (things such as toilet products, seeds, greeting cards, health & beauty products), auditing (anything that requires micro-management or that might be forgotten about if left to the store colleagues and thus it's outsourced to agencies). I travel around many towns and counties and visit all kinds of stores, so I get around a lot and am heavily reliant on my car. For a retail position I have a lot of flexibility and good earnings, I enjoy it. Had my car for 2yrs and I've already clocked up 50,000 miles :eek:

Last edited:
Apprentice truck mechanic, single mum, perptual day dreamer. Other things too, but I'm exhausted thinking about the rest.

Branch Chief in a government data center. Being in management is not entirely compatible with my aspie wiring. Sometimes I'd like to go back to being a research analyst.

New Threads

Top Bottom