• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Does Your Favourite Number Say About You?

Vanilla

Your friendly neighbourhood hedgehog
V.I.P Member
Hey everyone :)

I decided to share this, after contemplating an interesting thought. This is just for a bit of fun, and general curiosity, so best not to read too much in to it.

Why do we favour certain numbers over others? Just as our favourite colours can illuminate our personalities, it seems there is a purpose behind our choices for picking particular numbers as well (at least, according to some online articles - if anyone knows more on this subject, feel free to share!).

Can our choice in a particular number tell us something about who we are? Or at least, how we think? I decided to explore this idea, to see if there was any truth behind it, and found this website:

Meaning of Numbers - Number Symbolism

Perhaps if we share our favourite numbers, as well as it's accuracy (or lack thereof) in describing our personalities, we can get an idea of whether there's something to this theory (plus, it's also fun and interesting).

For me, when I was younger, my favourite number was 5. As an adult, I found myself strangely drawn to 9 instead (I often wondered why I had switched). This website was at least accurate for me, and helped me to better understand my seemingly random decision to switch.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's results :)

** Edit: seems you have to pick a number from around 1-9...sorry guys **

Hmmm, well for some inexplicable reason my favourite number is 57. I guess I'd have to go 5 + 7 = 12 then?

Hmmm, well for some inexplicable reason my favourite number is 57. I guess I'd have to go 5 + 7 = 12 then?
Hmm...I hadn't considered how you'd calculate for such a big number. I wonder if that's the correct way to do it...

I would look at both 5 and 7 I suppose...but it may depend on why you chose that number. Is it a number you picked, as it feels right? Or is it more that there is some significance in choosing that number, linked with your life (eg. Birth date, address, etc.). I think this theory is more on spontaneous choices, rather than anything linked in such a way, as the number would then be chosen for us.

Fifty-seven is five tens plus seven, so maybe you'd find out that way. Of course, I have no idea if the symbolism even applies to such a large number.

My favorite number is seven. I'm a perfectionist, so that is quite funny.

My number of choice is 13. It's because I have an actual history of the number being lucky, especially in romantic matters.

In which case I shouldn't really care what number is my favourite anymore. o_O

Hey everyone :)

I decided to share this, after contemplating an interesting thought. This is just for a bit of fun, and general curiosity, so best not to read too much in to it.

Why do we favour certain numbers over others? Just as our favourite colours can illuminate our personalities, it seems there is a purpose behind our choices for picking particular numbers as well (at least, according to some online articles - if anyone knows more on this subject, feel free to share!).

Can our choice in a particular number tell us something about who we are? Or at least, how we think? I decided to explore this idea, to see if there was any truth behind it, and found this website:

Meaning of Numbers - Number Symbolism

Perhaps if we share our favourite numbers, as well as it's accuracy (or lack thereof) in describing our personalities, we can get an idea of whether there's something to this theory (plus, it's also fun and interesting).

For me, when I was younger, my favourite number was 5. As an adult, I found myself strangely drawn to 9 instead (I often wondered why I had switched). This website was at least accurate for me, and helped me to better understand my seemingly random decision to switch.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's results :)
My favorite number was always five as well, and I still fancy it in a big way, although many years back, four became my new favorite. I wonder if there is something in it being odd or even.

Hmm...I hadn't considered how you'd calculate for such a big number. I wonder if that's the correct way to do it...

I would look at both 5 and 7 I suppose...but it may depend on why you chose that number. Is it a number you picked, as it feels right? Or is it more that there is some significance in choosing that number, linked with your life (eg. Birth date, address, etc.). I think this theory is more on spontaneous choices, rather than anything linked in such a way, as the number would then be chosen for us.

Weirdly it's just a number I like, not attached to any life event of significance

Weirdly it's just a number I like, not attached to any life event of significance
Hmm...this page seems to mention that when you go to double digits, they add together, to form a new number:
The Secret of Numerology Meanings Made Easy

Eg. 22 = 2+2=4, therefore your number is four. I think it's generally designed to only cater for the single digit numbers though, sorry. Kinda limited, which is annoying, but I can't seem to find anything else on it, though different sites seem to say different things. I'll have to keep an eye out for any other sites. Hopefully there's a better one out there :p

I guess it's an old Greek philosophical practise, that's long been forgotten (or so the site claims).

My favorite number was always five as well, and I still fancy it in a big way, although many years back, four became my new favorite. I wonder if there is something in it being odd or even.

I think one means female, and one means male (sort of a yin and yang deal). The odd numbers are male, and the even are female. It explains is better on this website: The Secret of Numerology Meanings Made Easy

Hmm...this page seems to mention that when you go to double digits, they add together, to form a new number:
The Secret of Numerology Meanings Made Easy

Eg. 22 = 2+2=4, therefore your number is four. I think it's generally designed to only cater for the single digit numbers though, sorry. Kinda limited, which is annoying, but I can't seem to find anything else on it, though different sites seem to say different things. I'll have to keep an eye out for any other sites. Hopefully there's a better one out there :p

I guess it's an old Greek philosophical practise, that's long been forgotten (or so the site claims).

I think one means female, and one means male (sort of a yin and yang deal). The odd numbers are male, and the even are female. It explains is better on this website: The Secret of Numerology Meanings Made Easy
I always do this with numbers. If, for example, I have 584, 5+8+4=17 and 1+7=8, so 584 is really 8.

My favorite number is 8. There's no beginning and no end when writing it and if you turn it on its side it turns out to be the infinity symbol!!!!!!!!

I always do this with numbers. If, for example, I have 584, 5+8+4=17 and 1+7=8, so 584 is really 8.
Yeah, that seems to be the same theory they're using, brought all the way down to single digits (which is what we want really). Whether it's right or not, I'm not sure, but I guess it can't hurt to try :)

All I know is that 12 and 13 are not my favorite numbers. Both my parents died on December 13th- 28 years apart.

"34" wasn't my brother's favorite number either when a selective service bureaucrat pulled it from a drawing pertaining to his birthday.

All I know is that 12 and 13 are not my favorite numbers. Both my parents died on December 13th- 28 years apart.

"34" wasn't my brother's favorite number either when a selective service bureaucrat pulled it from a drawing pertaining to his birthday.
Aw...that's terrible

My favourite number is seven. My star sign is 'Libra'...I didn't know the two had any relation to one another. I enjoyed reading that article. :)

My favourite number is seven. My star sign is 'Libra'...I didn't know the two had any relation to one another. I enjoyed reading that article. :)

My was seven as well when I was younger because it was the first multiplication table I remember memorizing back when I was in the fourth grade lol

New Threads

Top Bottom