• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you look for in your "ideal" mate?

Brony714

My own evil twin...
What are some of the qualities your "ideal" mate has? I have a few ideas for mine(note that since I personally am a heterosexual male, I will use feminine pronouns to describe my ideal mate, feel free to substitute masculine personal pronouns if applicable):

1. You would watch paint dry, just to be with her.
  2. When she's around, the sun seems to shine just as little bit brighter.
  3. You could easily see yourself growing old with her.
  4. The first thing you want to see every morning is her face.
  5. You would die for her.
  6. She does the little things that you like.
  7. She respects your opinions, even if she doesn't agree with them.
  8. She wants to be your partner, not your Siamese twin.
  9. She makes your world better just by being in it.
  10. Just thinking about her makes you happy.

Someone that is loyal, generous, thoughtful, and kind. Not self-centered, and a show off. Will speak her own mind but knows when certain things are better left unsaid. Will take me as I am, and will not try and change me. Similar interests is always a bonus but if she doesn't like my taste in music that's okay, I've always been very fussy when it comes to anything related to music.
Is committed and wants a long term relationship.

Compatible living habits and long term goals. Understands the importance of personal space. And yeah, similar enough interests would help a huge amount.

Pretty simple really.

Compatible living habits and long term goals. Understands the importance of personal space. And yeah, similar enough interests would help a huge amount.

Pretty simple really.

You said a mouthful in just a few sentences. "Compatible living habits" may be the #1 most important thing when it comes to long term relationships. My late husband and I had that, and it was such a blessing.

Yep, that's pretty much describes Kelly. ;)

What are some of the qualities your "ideal" mate has? I have a few ideas for mine(note that since I personally am a heterosexual male, I will use feminine pronouns to describe my ideal mate, feel free to substitute masculine personal pronouns if applicable):

1. You would watch paint dry, just to be with her.
  2. When she's around, the sun seems to shine just as little bit brighter.
  3. You could easily see yourself growing old with her.
  4. The first thing you want to see every morning is her face.
  5. You would die for her.
  6. She does the little things that you like.
  7. She respects your opinions, even if she doesn't agree with them.
  8. She wants to be your partner, not your Siamese twin.
  9. She makes your world better just by being in it.
  10. Just thinking about her makes you happy.

My ideal mate would have certain physical characteristics that are appealing to me, especially pleasing facial features. I'm sorry, but I'm a woman who enjoys "eye candy." ;)

From the 1% of men on earth that I find physically attractive, I also want ...

An attentive lover who doesn't have a lot of hang-ups and preconceived notions about sexual intimacy. Somebody who enjoys a wide variety of physical expression, and can be playful and open sexually. There's nothing more unappealing than being with a man who is either sexually inhibited, or one that seems to be in it all for his own pleasure. Either way, it puts a real damper on any excitement I might feel. :eek:

A man with intelligence and class.

A man with both principles and compassion, but leads with his head and has practical sense.

A man who can take care of himself without needing my input on every little thing. He can be trusted to make good decisions.

A man with common interests, goals and core values.

A man who is motivated to accomplish practical things.

A man who is considerate, thoughtful and kind.

A man who makes me smile.

I know this man once existed, because I was married to him.

I doubt I'm what you would consider "eye candy" but I've got everything else you would. Don't I? hehehehe. :p:p:D:D:rolleyes:

My ideal mate would have certain physical characteristics that are appealing to me, especially pleasing facial features. I'm sorry, but I'm a woman who enjoys "eye candy." ;)

An attentive lover who doesn't have a lot of hang-ups and preconceived notions about sexual intimacy. Somebody who enjoys a wide variety of physical expression, and can be playful and open sexually. There's nothing more unappealing than being with a man who is either sexually inhibited, or one that seems to be in it all for his own pleasure. Either way, it puts a real damper on any excitement I might feel. :eek:

A man with both principles and compassion, but leads with his head and has practical sense.

A man who can take care of himself without needing my input on every little thing. He can be trusted to make good decisions.

Last edited:

Cali cat is definitely a "nice lady" any man would be lucky to have you!

My ideal mate would bring me breakfast in bed on my birthday. He would not be ashamed of me in front of his friends and family. Looks are at the bottom of my list. The heart of a man is most important to me. He absolutely must not be self centered or a show off as those 2 things are a major turn off. Also, a good sense of humor is important. My ideal mate would drop his plans for me if necessary. Of course, I would do the same things for him. As for me, I stand by my man through good times and hard times. No matter what life throws at us, we're in it TOGETHER.

I would like a partner with whom I can fully share my inner life. First of all my thoughts about all sort of things and secondly my emotions. He should make me feel so comfortable that I have no issue in expressing precisely what I feel in any situation.
I would also like to be accepted for what I am by him. The acceptance implies understanding of whom I truly am.
I would be there for him no matter what, and in turn I would hope for the same degree of care an affection.

I often picture my ideal relation like being inside a special soap bubble.
I am moving inside it and my partner is the surface of bubble, which can expand and deform when I get close to it such that I never touch it, thus it never breaks and I can always stay protected inside it.

With my "ideal" partner it would feel like having finally arrived home after a very long time and I don't need to search any longer. And he would feel the same way about me. Sharing all the secrets and little things that are important without feeling exposed. Trusting each other and knowing it is safe to reveil yourself. Understanding each other, being honest and caring.

With my "ideal" partner it would feel like having finally arrived home after a very long time and I don't need to search any longer. And he would feel the same way about me. Sharing all the secrets and little things that are important without feeling exposed. Trusting each other and knowing it is safe to reveil yourself. Understanding each other, being honest and caring.

I definitely can relate to this description. It's a very nice one.
How sad to think that I may have lost all that... :cry:

I don't want to be someone's last resort, I understand the silly idea to reject people interested in me, but they -and I- have nothing in common, really. Infact they had nothing really to say, it gets draining to talk all the time because they just tell me to talk. Sometimes I want to listen you know? I want to hear what they love, and they got nothing.
Sex isn't good enough to keep me around, especially since it is void of romance and feeling because all they understand is hooking up and can't be romantic or show any real feeling to save their lives. They're broken and they don't get it.
They told me they like me really because I am nice and are "done dating jerks" I know it's not PC of me to say but I am not interested in someone who has slept with dozens and dozens of people, which they all had.

So far those are the only people I attract, a sort of cruel irony.

I'm starting to think that my ideal mate just might be myself. I'd rather be alone than having to constantly worry if I'm good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, smart enough, nice enough,etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom