• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you collect?

?

• Toys

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Books

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • Games

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Nature

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • other

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Clothes

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
I collect memories from my four high school years. Any and all memories (except for things relating to my family or "self-stimulation" - these I try to forget).

I also collect memories of cute moments with girls with whom I've had chemistry.

I collect toys, video games and coins.

Toy wise, I collect dolls, Hot Wheels, model cars, etc. Last weekend I installed many wall shelves so I can fit more in my room.

Video games, my focus is mainly retro consoles from the 70s to 90s. The two most interesting consoles I collected last year was Intellivision and Coleco Adam.

I have a pretty large coin collections. Most of it came from the laundromat. I focus on collects the coins have a different image on the face of the coin than the standard issues one.

I love to collect things, it gives me a sense of accomplishment :)

I have 8 Gaming consoles so far + lots of games.. hopefully more to come.

The entire Star Trek collection, im very proud of.

My Stephen King and Virginia Andrews collection gets bigger and bigger every year.

Im Nintendo crazy...anything Nintendo that i can get my hands on makes me feel very content.

Board Games.

Semi precious stones.

Id collect Cats if i could afford to feed them all lol. But anything i come across that is cat like or has a cat on it, i must have... i even have a cat teapot :)

I also collected garden snails as a child.. i had countless ice cream tubs with snails in my bedroom...my mother hated that lol

Last edited:
It's hard to want to be both a minimalist and a collector. I have a rock and stamp collection, neither of which I'm real passionate or knowledgeable about.
I like my seed collection. I've always been interested in 'Vulture culture' but haven't got my hands on anything yet. (Animal remains) I also want to collect BJDs and Nendroids... But it may be best I don't.

I don't collect anything now, but I did have quite the collection of Pokemon cards and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I think I accidentally threw out the Pokemon cards, but I know I sold the Yu-Gi-Oh ones. It really sucks too, because I had some nice super classic Pokemon ones that a store in my area buys for quite a bit...

i very much like to collect dust.
i do not have to hunt around for it.
if i just sit still it comes to me.

yeah that's about it.....

I'm a big NBA fan and have an absolutely massive basketball card collection (players, teams, complete sets, etc.), having collected sports cards since I was a kid in 1992. It's the one hobby I've always kept, even into adulthood. I help moderate the basketball section at Sports Card Forum. This hobby is definitely one of my "special interests." I love organizing and sorting them to relax and reminisce.

I don't collect anything now, but I did have quite the collection of Pokemon cards and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I think I accidentally threw out the Pokemon cards, but I know I sold the Yu-Gi-Oh ones. It really sucks too, because I had some nice super classic Pokemon ones that a store in my area buys for quite a bit...
Oh no! :(

Yep...I think I threw them out roughly around when I was in the 6th grade, because I kind of "outgrew" them for a while, but I recently got back into them. Who would have thought that years later, I would live somewhere with a store that buys them? Not a smart move on my part.

I collect amiibos and other such cute figures, as well as tarot cards.

Attachments

• 17521842_10154252229972540_1375563578_o.jpg
    17521842_10154252229972540_1375563578_o.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 17761545_10154252229952540_297880099_o.jpg
    17761545_10154252229952540_297880099_o.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 206
I collect dolls my faverite being AG, Antonio Juan, OG and some others. I also collect various toys such as Shopkins and Pokémon merchandise.

I also collect books and various different editions of series I like such as Babysitters Club. When I was a tiny kid I collected cookers and pine cones.

Great topic! :smiley: Oh boy....I've collected a ton of different things over the years, so I'll try to make this brief :smile:....
....I guess my biggest collection is currently my stuffed animals/plushies-branching out from there are my sub-collections (is that a word?) of Beanie Babies, Itty Bittys (little Hallmark plushies) and Disney Tsum Tsums. I'm in my 20s and am not embarrassed about how much I still love them. They've just always made me feel happy, relaxed and safe, and that's never changed. I carry a mini Tsum of Dory in my pocket everywhere. :grinning:

.....my second-biggest collection is probably my "hard" or plastic/PVC/Schleich/Safari LTD/Happy Meal/surprise bag/vinyl toys. A lot of them I kept from when I was a kid, and I used to score bunches of them (ones from the 80s and 90s mostly) when I'd go to flea markets with my dad years ago. I also collected My Little Ponies (the 80s ones are/were my favorites, although I do like G4) and I'm currently into the Smurfs. My favorite Smurf from the cartoon/movies is Clumsy, but my favorite Smurf figurine is probably Poet Smurf from 1972...every time I see him with his tiny quill pen and scroll of parchment, he reminds me I need to get back into writing again.:blush: I tend not to be too open about actually liking Smurfs tho...my mom has always *hated* them for reasons she's never really explained and that I don't quite understand. :coldsweat: I also have a small group of the toy Snoopys that used to be attached to the little boxes of Whitman's chocolates. :) I've also happened to amass a small amount of Troll dolls, too...my fondness for them was rekindled when I saw the Dreamworks movie. :blush:

.....and then there's my collection of fidget/stim toys. It took me awhile to find just the right kinds of stim toys that worked for me and gave me the right kind of sensory input/distraction from BFRBs. My favorite stim toys in my collection are probably Tangle toys, smooth stones/crystals, a tiny fidget cube, a spinner ring, a Calico Critters cat, and of course, any tiny stuffed animals that are soft and fuzzy. :blush:

......Die cast cars! Mostly of the anthropomorphic characters from Disney and Pixar's "Cars" and "Planes" movies. I was going through a really hard time when the first Cars movie came out, and my collection of die cast Cars characters were my only friends and confidants during that time and also even after I was in a safer place. They've been my biggest special interest/passion for a good chunk of my life, and with Cars 3 being released this summer, it'll soon happen all over again! :sunglasses:

Well, those are probably my biggest collections to date, and the ones that bring me the most joy. Buttons, pins and key chains are also a favorite. :) I also still have a small deck of Pokemon cards from back when Pokemon became a hit in the US...I was about 6 or 7 then. I didn't have a whole lot of Pokemon stuff - just a couple of books, said deck of cards, and some plushies (my favorites being a Jigglypuff keychain, a Togepi bean bag from Burger King, and a Pikachu plush my aunt gave me). I also went to see a couple of the movies. As far as the cards went, I was mostly drawn to the art styles on each card...I didn't really collect any particular type. I knew kids at school had entire binders full of their card collections, but I only ever had enough cards to fill a small Walgreens photo album. I was content with my small deck of cards, tho. :blush: One of my favorite Pokemon cards was a holo card of Entei that they were giving away at theaters when the Pokemon movie with the "Unowns" was released. :blush:

Last edited:
Last good find was two free extra small old doors. With door knobs! From my evening walks I have brought home roadkill hair and from road-trips two by fours and a free giant inedible zucchini. Once I found a piece of cactus in the middle of the street and put it in a pot and it grew.

I do something similar. Found a victorian era garbage dump near the river. It's being slowly exposed by rain and snow melts which wash down soil and show things. Lots of old bottles, pottery, metal mostly brass, so many things. Like to go down and see what I can find:)

I do something similar. Found a victorian era garbage dump near the river. It's being slowly exposed by rain and snow melts which wash down soil and show things. Lots of old bottles, pottery, metal mostly brass, so many things. Like to go down and see what I can find:)

Oh! That sounds wonderful!!! What river? Reminds me of this.

Oh! That sounds wonderful!!! What river? Reminds me of this.

It's a tributary that flows from the saguenay river into the st. lawrence river. It's an area that's been occupied by europeans since the seventeenth century, and well before that by native groups like the St. Lawrence Iroquoians, the Malecites, Abenaki and the Inuit. Often find fossils as the river has cut it's way down, fossilized sponges, arrowheads, volcanic rock. It's quite deep and interesting.

IMG_1109.JPG
Here is an update of my Beauty and the Beast Collection I was finally able to get the live action version belle,she sings the something there song,only one shop near my area had her.

Last edited:
Great topic! :smiley: Oh boy....I've collected a ton of different things over the years, so I'll try to make this brief :smile:....
....I guess my biggest collection is currently my stuffed animals/plushies-branching out from there are my sub-collections (is that a word?) of Beanie Babies, Itty Bittys (little Hallmark plushies) and Disney Tsum Tsums. I'm in my 20s and am not embarrassed about how much I still love them. They've just always made me feel happy, relaxed and safe, and that's never changed. I carry a mini Tsum of Dory in my pocket everywhere. :grinning:

.....my second-biggest collection is probably my "hard" or plastic/PVC/Schleich/Safari LTD/Happy Meal/surprise bag/vinyl toys. A lot of them I kept from when I was a kid, and I used to score bunches of them (ones from the 80s and 90s mostly) when I'd go to flea markets with my dad years ago. I also collected My Little Ponies (the 80s ones are/were my favorites, although I do like G4) and I'm currently into the Smurfs. My favorite Smurf from the cartoon/movies is Clumsy, but my favorite Smurf figurine is probably Poet Smurf from 1972...every time I see him with his tiny quill pen and scroll of parchment, he reminds me I need to get back into writing again.:blush: I tend not to be too open about actually liking Smurfs tho...my mom has always *hated* them for reasons she's never really explained and that I don't quite understand. :coldsweat: I also have a small group of the toy Snoopys that used to be attached to the little boxes of Whitman's chocolates. :) I've also happened to amass a small amount of Troll dolls, too...my fondness for them was rekindled when I saw the Dreamworks movie. :blush:

.....and then there's my collection of fidget/stim toys. It took me awhile to find just the right kinds of stim toys that worked for me and gave me the right kind of sensory input/distraction from BFRBs. My favorite stim toys in my collection are probably Tangle toys, smooth stones/crystals, a tiny fidget cube, a spinner ring, a Calico Critters cat, and of course, any tiny stuffed animals that are soft and fuzzy. :blush:

......Die cast cars! Mostly of the anthropomorphic characters from Disney and Pixar's "Cars" and "Planes" movies. I was going through a really hard time when the first Cars movie came out, and my collection of die cast Cars characters were my only friends and confidants during that time and also even after I was in a safer place. They've been my biggest special interest/passion for a good chunk of my life, and with Cars 3 being released this summer, it'll soon happen all over again! :sunglasses:

Well, those are probably my biggest collections to date, and the ones that bring me the most joy. Buttons, pins and key chains are also a favorite. :) I also still have a small deck of Pokemon cards from back when Pokemon became a hit in the US...I was about 6 or 7 then. I didn't have a whole lot of Pokemon stuff - just a couple of books, said deck of cards, and some plushies (my favorites being a Jigglypuff keychain, a Togepi bean bag from Burger King, and a Pikachu plush my aunt gave me). I also went to see a couple of the movies. As far as the cards went, I was mostly drawn to the art styles on each card...I didn't really collect any particular type. I knew kids at school had entire binders full of their card collections, but I only ever had enough cards to fill a small Walgreens photo album. I was content with my small deck of cards, tho. :blush: One of my favorite Pokemon cards was a holo card of Entei that they were giving away at theaters when the Pokemon movie with the "Unowns" was released. :blush:
I have this Enterprise! :3 <3

New Threads

Top Bottom