• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you collect?

?

• Toys

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Books

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • Games

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Nature

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • other

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Clothes

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
The frog skins reminded me of this.
[/QUOTE]

I have not laughed so hard for years! I had collected the frog skins to set up a little poker game with a deck of miniature cards I got out of Crackerjacks. I had sent $10 for a mail order taxidermy course from Northwestern School of Taxidermy. I was about 11 or 12 at the time. I could really relate to the video! I also stashed a few things in the freezer that didn't make me too popular when they were discovered, like squirrels, chipmunks and even a great horned owl. All skinned of course! I did get SOME advantage from my taxidermy course.

These pictures are of my grandson's bone and fossil collection at age four. Of course I support him with his obsessions. He thinks he is a paleontologist.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    857.5 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    815.2 KB · Views: 213
I also collect language textbooks, books in Esperanto (have you tried learning it? On the free website Duolingo for example), I collect the book The little prince in as many languages as possible. That book has been published in well over 100 languages, so I still have
Esperanto, blue cover.jpg
a long way to go.

Books is probably my main one. Mostly textbooks or nonfiction. Other collections include/have included lip balms, business cards, taproots, bones, metal bits, notebooks, and bead supplies. One of my favorite ongoing ones is liquor bottles -I don't like the taste but I beg the empty bottles off of family members, so my room looks like I have a problem.:D

I love books and I would love to have a big study room with them, something like a "medieval" library kind of ambient.

Besides that I like to collect music, when I have the money I buy cd's, dvd's, I'm currently making my Metalllica collection. I also collect Yugioh cards, and I have a weird collection of pens, nothing out of the world, since 2011 I've collected every BIC pen I use and waste completely until dry, so far I have around 30 pens.

Books is probably my main one. Mostly textbooks or nonfiction. Other collections include/have included lip balms, business cards, taproots, bones, metal bits, notebooks, and bead supplies. One of my favorite ongoing ones is liquor bottles -I don't like the taste but I beg the empty bottles off of family members, so my room looks like I have a problem.:D

Dude I could send you so many liquor bottles I bet. I used to always keep them but I'd have so many after a year it's ridiculous. I always like trying new stuff too, so a lot of liquors I never get more than once. :3

I give some to people that make wine when I can but not nearly enough. I hate how much waste there is. And recycling around me got canceled because of people abusing it.

I love books and I would love to have a big study room with them, something like a "medieval" library kind of ambient.

Besides that I like to collect music, when I have the money I buy cd's, dvd's, I'm currently making my Metalllica collection. I also collect Yugioh cards, and I have a weird collection of pens, nothing out of the world, since 2011 I've collected every BIC pen I use and waste completely until dry, so far I have around 30 pens.
Ooo, I always wanted a library, but I never got to be rich enough to have a big enough place to have one... my son's dad always talked about how they had a library in the house he grew up in, big too, so jealous. I just need to figure out how to be rich, lol.

IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG
I collect dolls mostly barbie,monster high,strawberry shortcake and Disney princess related stuff, at the moment I'm really focused on buying more beauty and the beast toys I recently got a Pop! Vinyl of the live action movie beast which is in this photo and also another photo of my Beauty and the beast collection.

Last edited:
I used to collect rocks and I had a pretty big coin collection as a kid. I used to collect the U.S. state quarters and had the map that held all of the coins. But family members kept stealing and spending them... so I gave that up. I went on collecting old or unusual coins and focused on foreign currency. And wouldn't you know it, no one stole those coins cause they couldn't spend them so easily. :p

I also used to collect Hot Wheels, Legos, Dragon Ball Z action figures (loved those!), and I had a pretty big Pokemon toy and card collection. I had nearly all of the cards even though I had no clue how to play the card game as a kid, lol. The cards were just so cool looking.

Oh, and Beanie Babies! I went nuts over those things as I kid. I used to carry around the little book with me everywhere that listed every Beanie's price value. I had Beanie Babies in plastic wrapping and in plastic box cases to keep them in pristine condition. I even had the little plastic tag protectors for every Ty tag on every Beanie I had. Looking back... I was a real sucker for those things. I didn't get any of the expected value back from all of the work I put into collecting those things. :rolleyes:

I still collect a lot of things now. I hoard Kindle ebooks, which is nice because they don't take up any physical space. I also collect comics, especially from Image Comics, mostly in digital form. I also collect anything I can get my hands on about creative and fiction writing.

I had a pretty good book collection but I'm pretty sure my parents lost that in storage, which breaks my heart. I mostly had classics, poetry, sci-fi, fantasy, and nonfiction. I had a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories that was beautifully bound in leather and it's gone... I'm one of those weird people that thinks of my books as more than just books. They were my friends. Dear, dear friends that I've lost. I plan on rebuilding that collection eventually. But the lost still stings. :(

Other than that, I collect a lot of PC games on Steam, Origin, and Uplay. I collect anime, my favorite movies, and tv shows. I love Pinterest. It's where I save all of my favorite Steampunk related things from art to accessories (I'm all about them goggles, baby) to industrial home decor, Steampunk styled computers and tech, steam vehicles, and Victorian, Goth, and Steampunk inspired fashion and cosplay. I just love things from the Victorian era and try to collect and research loads of stuff online along with Art Deco design, Dieselpunk, and Clockwork.

And I recently started collecting Funko Pop Vinyl and Dorbz. It started with a Loki figure that I found at a small Comic Con. Then my boyfriend joined in and started collecting them. Together, we both have a nice little collection that will definitely keep growing.

When I was a little older I went crazy collecting Pokémon cards, I still have them all (1996-2007) tens of thousands, I had to stop, there were just too many, we're getting more expensive and I wasn't having anyone to play with anymore.

Its funny you mention this, when I was around the age of five or six I did the same. It eventually fizzled out. I didn't play with them just more collected them for the sake of collecting. Not to spur a continuation of you buying Pokémon cards, but many of the booster boxes come with codes for the online game (Pokémon Online).

To answer your question though I tend, now, to collect books, lots of books. Books on history, books on esotericism, fictional books, books about myth, books about science; comic books, manga, you name it... I used to collect cd's until I realized 12.99 was a lot to pay when there's a good chance I could buy on ITunes for much cheaper or listen for free on YouTube or Spotify. I did the same with movies and tv series, but as I currently do not have a dvd/Blu-ray player I am no longer doing that; although it is tempting. (I would say though, perhaps one of the things that curbed buying dvds was Netflix and other streaming services as I couldn't justify paying 19.99 or more for something that I could watch on Netflix continuously).

aches and pains, dust and disorder. also, interesting musics wherever I find them.:cool: my most recent find was "midnight at the caverns" which features the sound of the lithophone [they call it "the stalacpipe organ"] installed inside the luray caverns in west VA. fascinating!

Ooo, I always wanted a library, but I never got to be rich enough to have a big enough place to have one... my son's dad always talked about how they had a library in the house he grew up in, big too, so jealous. I just need to figure out how to be rich, lol.

I also thinking of how to be rich lol. I have a kind of "wet dream " lol about a studio, I recorded this from AC2, a studio which looks so peaceful

My collections have always been digital, I think. I used to collect anything and everything Lion King because I was obsessed with it from the time it came out until well into my teen years in a way that people *still* comment on.

But I moved on to Pokemon, which became my fixation afterwards and lately I collect anything and everything in my MMOs of choice; FFXIV and WoW. Mostly pets in the former and pets, mounts and transmog (gear skins) in the latter.

I collect books. I used to have a large collection of books, but someone stole quite a few of them so I mostly keep an eye out for most of those books. I especially like to collect children's books that I loved as a child, and still enjoy reading them. I also like series, like the vintage Nancy Drew books.

Its funny you mention this, when I was around the age of five or six I did the same. It eventually fizzled out. I didn't play with them just more collected them for the sake of collecting. Not to spur a continuation of you buying Pokémon cards, but many of the booster boxes come with codes for the online game (Pokémon Online).

To answer your question though I tend, now, to collect books, lots of books. Books on history, books on esotericism, fictional books, books about myth, books about science; comic books, manga, you name it... I used to collect cd's until I realized 12.99 was a lot to pay when there's a good chance I could buy on ITunes for much cheaper or listen for free on YouTube or Spotify. I did the same with movies and tv series, but as I currently do not have a dvd/Blu-ray player I am no longer doing that; although it is tempting. (I would say though, perhaps one of the things that curbed buying dvds was Netflix and other streaming services as I couldn't justify paying 19.99 or more for something that I could watch on Netflix continuously).
Right now I only get really specific cds and dvd's. And went through and sold off much of the bs I never really cared about.

Though I have to keep the majority of my dads in cd binders as people tend to have sticky fingers for them. I just found out my season 2 of Metalocalypse has been lifted (one of the ones I keep in the original casing with all the inserts that come with it. While something is for free on Netflix I won't buy it but will be on the look out for it after they remove it.

My collections have always been digital, I think. I used to collect anything and everything Lion King because I was obsessed with it from the time it came out until well into my teen years in a way that people *still* comment on.

But I moved on to Pokemon, which became my fixation afterwards and lately I collect anything and everything in my MMOs of choice; FFXIV and WoW. Mostly pets in the former and pets, mounts and transmog (gear skins) in the latter.
I totally collected Lion King too!
And yay for the WoW, I'm just a couple away from the 100 mounts achieve and finally got the Zookeeper title! =D I'm also trying to collect the various wild cats for my hunters pets. :3

New Threads

Top Bottom