• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your aspie fears and how many of you share my own?

Ironically it'll bring us closer to the/you Americans because of where we're looking for new trade deals and the affinity your president has with the UK (on account of his Scottish mother :D).

Well, anyone earnestly looking for a good deal with Donald Trump strikes me as someone looking for a mild case of a venereal disease.

Not something to clap about, IMO.

Well, anyone looking for a good deal with Donald Trump strikes me as someone looking for a mild case of a venereal disease.
You originally said herpes, and I'm sure that can be mild :rolleyes:. Surprisingly no Americans listed the Trump as one of their fears either.

Minors, kids, teenagers, I couldn't deal with them when I was one and now they just straight freak me out, other than my own and him making friends is a huge complex for me that I have no idea how I'm going to deal... I don't want him to be held back or notice how much I just do not like and want to avoid all other kids and minors. Really anybody still living with their parents makes me run... 19, 20, 21 year olds, still no good, I'm always afraid I'm going to do or say something they deam as inappropriate... when I was 18-21 I had people's parents threaten to have to cops after me...

Large bodies of water, no I can't do it freak me out, boats=no. A cruise is out of the question... a cruise would be similar to being incarcerated, but on water, just no...

And I'm just constantly afraid of all other people, they're always trying to get something over on you, wanting somebody to mess with, laugh at. I wish I was better at completely blocking out people around me when I have to be around people...

Driving is a nightmare, I can only last a few minutes at a time, no interstate, I have to have the option of pulling into a parking lot and stopping at any given moment... I have such a worse time with it than I did when I was a newer driver. Though I've never been in an accident personally, I've had people pull over next to me to scream at me tell me I should never be driving. They follow me into parking lots to flick me off, tell me what a stupid nasty ***** I am. People blame me for causing everybody else's accidents. I've been stuck out frozen, not even able to cry, move, drive for extended periods of time because of people. Then if cops see me, I've never been around cops without getting searched. They threaten to take me right to the hospital to get me drug tested... they think I look like I'm on meth and herion whenever I don't have all my stage make up on and I'm stressed out... being in a car with somebody with Marijuana in then just is too much for me because I don't care how perfect you are, if a cop sees me we will be searched. I'm constantly fighting with my kids dad about this because he wants to have pot on him at all times and I'm just like geez, can't we just wait? He's eased up a bit and we're clean much more now but he's made sure I know how much he despises me for it and drives like a maniac to prove some kind of a point, doing 100mph in a 45-55 zone, flying around corners, over curbs and speed bumps...

basically all things involving, cars, roads, trucks, driving, cops, strangers, and large bodies of water just freak me out.

Oh and dogs, I hate dogs, they are mean, they bite, they **** right in front of you like they're laughing at you, don't even try to hide it. When I try to go walking in the neighborhood it's so bad anymore several dogs will come running and barking at you and chase you back inside... I wish leash laws would actually be informed, I've been considering carry a taser for these horrible animals, tase them once hopefully they'll remember to just stay away from me and my kid. My kid was attacked 2x last summer, thankfully his dad was there one time to scare the dog away the other time he managed to quickly climb a tree while this big, stupid dog is barking and jumping at him...

There's only 2 major things I'm scared of, Snakes and cold Showers, I hate Showers in general though, would much rather have a Bath if possible.
All I take is baths!

Really anybody still living with their parents makes me run... 19, 20, 21 year olds, still no good, I'm always afraid I'm going to do or say something they deam as inappropriate... when I was 18-21 I had people's parents threaten to have to cops after me...

Please ellaborate.

Then if cops see me, I've never been around cops without getting searched. They threaten to take me right to the hospital to get me drug tested... they think I look like I'm on meth and herion whenever I don't have all my stage make up on and I'm stressed out... being in a car with somebody with Marijuana in then just is too much for me because I don't care how perfect you are, if a cop sees me we will be searched.

You need a medical note or something on you that explains about your autism.

Oh and dogs, I hate dogs, they are mean, they bite, they **** right in front of you like they're laughing at you, don't even try to hide it. When I try to go walking in the neighborhood it's so bad anymore several dogs will come running and barking at you and chase you back inside... I wish leash laws would actually be informed, I've been considering carry a taser for these horrible animals, tase them once hopefully they'll remember to just stay away from me and my kid. My kid was attacked 2x last summer, thankfully his dad was there one time to scare the dog away the other time he managed to quickly climb a tree while this big, stupid dog is barking and jumping at him...

This and so many other things is why I think you Americans are crazy some of the time, that or paranoid (like your police are).

Dogs are scary and can really hurt you, especially my four year old, I don't understand why me thinking people need too keeps tabs on their viscous animals could be a bad thing...?

And idk how you want me to elaborate but I'm um pretty sexual, can't remember to curb topics/language/actions/stims to what people deem as appropriate for their children.
((this goes way back, i was x-ly motivated at a preschool age, nothing told me to do it and I wasnt told to, raped, or sexually abused as a child I just did... I did some bad things with another preschool aged boy in daycare in Barbie's dream house, Barbie would not approve...))

Last edited:
Considering your bad experiences it makes sense to me that you'd be afraid. It's totally reasonable to be wary of dogs. Me giving two unleashed pit bulls the benefit of the doubt one day resulted in a bloody mess, ever since then I've been researching what to do in that situation. When some dogs set their sights on a target, bricks, shovels and kicks could do nothing. To release a bite that wont let go, go for the neck and gag the dog. At least that's what I've heard. Or if it's a male kick in the critical spot.
Anyway, heh,
I don't know what it feels like to be in your situation with cops, this could be totally unhelpful, idk, but I've watched shows that show the cops perspective, such as Alaskan state troopers, and it's made me comfortable around them. It's also taught me what not to do. Avoiding them in any way is a red flag for them.

Mine is the fear of not knowing what to do or how to react when I'm expected to know that. And while I'm getting better at this, I get confused A LOT...

I share most of your fears. Additionally:
-Afraid my life's goals and dreams will be unrealized
-Afraid that I am unlovable
-Afraid I have nothing to offer to a woman, or anybody really
-Afraid I am beyond repair, and will remain defective until I die
-Afraid that my worst self is just actually who I am, my purest self
-Afraid that I will eventually lose all empathy for people and become a sociopath
-Afraid I will turn to hard drugs in order to cope
-Afraid I will die still living with my parents
-Afraid I will eventually kill myself
To all these fears, I will say this: Stop judging yourself through the neurotypical lense. You say you fear you're not good enough, that people will reject you? Stop! To hell with those neuro-dull typicals. Play to your inner strengths, even if neuro-dull people don't get it. Just because NTs have set up social structures that suit them does not mean that you must judge yourself through these structures. You are unique. Please don't measure yourself against a structure that has been set up for you to fail against.
I score 6 on the ASQ so I'm more empath than those boring NTs. I find many of these social structures don't fit me either.
Be thankful you're not plugged in to the Matrix!

i am LFA and not aspergers/aspie but would like to offer a different view of the spectrum.
for me,i have no fears beyond the usual-any form of change whether its to my routine,or furniture being moved around or having to attend somewhere new,i live in the moment and dont ever think about fears;example; like my family dying [including my even more beloved pets] but when these thoughts naturally come to my head i just process them then in a logical unemotional way and move on,so i dont really have fears much.

i have extreme anxiety, almost constant,wasnt this bad in my youth,its my rough life experiences in institutional/residential care and the continuous grooming/cyber bullying that got me sectioned that have led me down this path,i really struggle with it,but again its not because of worries or fears i dont think as i dont think anything,its a feeling-physical and with bad agitation on top.

i think being LFA makes me more immune to fear,it makes me live strictly in the moment,and this is one of the qualities i have,people think there arent any good sides to LFA,my experiences would prove them wrong i think,its just because they think of big mainstream things when they think of 'qualities' and 'skills' like driving a car,buying a house,having a proper job etc.

This website (and the book that is sold on this website) is helping me a lot with my anxiety: anxietynomore.co.uk

New Threads

Top Bottom