• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what are you doing for world autism awareness day?

streetwise again the first line second part of the message means 19 year old girl the ruling now also means if you have dementia you can't get it

I was shocked to hear that at the secondary school where I work, they have never done anything about ASDs to educate the students, purely because of the concerns of some parents about their ASD children being singled out/bullied if the subject of Autism is aired. Clearly, one has to tread carefully to safeguard children, but the ignorance that grows in the absence of knowledge is surely much more harmful. Therefore, I am running the gauntlet of the various SEN and safeguarding authorities in order to run a series of assemblies and activities for the students over the week that have been planned or designed by the students. For this purpose, I started a group/community for Autistic students (and their NT friends) where they can be themselves in an atmosphere of understanding and acceptance... (Early days yet, but numbers and enthusiasm are growing...) I'm not doing fundraising activities - WAA Day should, I believe, be more about education than anything else.

New Threads

Top Bottom