• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

DC1346

I apologize if this question has already been asked but what are these karma points I am accumulating?

They are accrued when another person on the forum likes something you've written, or agrees with something in one or many of your posts. They click one of the icons at the bottom of your posts and you build up karma.

So for example when you clicked on like at the bottom of a post of mine recently, I accrued one point of karma.

Thanks for the reply.

Is the karma redeemable for anything?

Crossing my fingers and thinking Citibank points ... Citibank points ... Citibank points ...

I'm really big on accumulating points right now. I just got a 60" Smart HDTV through Amazon using points. (Smile)

:)Well, not really. It's a kind of simple pleasure I think, to know that things that you think or understand are helpful or understood by others. That people might be able to learn something for your experiences. Or maybe to discover like minded people with similar interests.

So what about frequent flyer miles? ... Marriott reward points? ... Hotels.com travel nights? ...

Nothing?

(Sigh)

Thanks for the reply.

Is the karma redeemable for anything?

Crossing my fingers and thinking Citibank points ... Citibank points ... Citibank points ...

I'm really big on accumulating points right now. I just got a 60" Smart HDTV through Amazon using points. (Smile)

That's funny, I'm kind of competitive in odd ways, so I understand this. There was a time when I got a bit obsessed with reaching 1000, along with the ratio of messages to Karma, (1:2 or more, you'd be rockin' it.) Now I don't really pay attention (but, wow, I'm almost to 1500!). It is nice to have the simple feedback though, and I like being able to give that feedback in threads that I might not have anything else to contribute.

I have to say that the heart symbol for "friendly" still makes me a little uncomfortable. I think of that as the symbol for love, so it seems to send an unclear message. I always hesitate to use it.

I have to say that the heart symbol for "friendly" still makes me a little uncomfortable. I think of that as the symbol for love, so it seems to send an unclear message. I always hesitate to use it.

So you're not going to heart me? But ... but ... (crocodile tears rising to his eyes)

Heh-heh

I still wish I could get Citibank points for these. I'm really hooked on Citibank points. I've started using my card to pay for groceries instead of the debit card. So long as I pay the card off each month, I don't get hit with interest AND I accrue points which I may use to buy free stuff at Amazon.

The 60" Smart HDTV I got for free from Amazon via my Citibank points wants a surround sound system!

Well if you insist.:kissing:

That's awesome about the TV, I've enjoyed the fruits of point schemes as well. Free flights, etc. But sadly, other than "feel goodies" that's about it here. Share the love.

May it be so.

Last edited:
Well if you insist.:kissing:
sadly, other than "feel goodies" that's about it here. Share the love.

LOVE? LOVE? LOVE?

That is my (GASP) "kryptonite." I'm weakening ... melting like the evil witch in the Wizard of Oz after Dorothy threw a bucket of water at her.

Melting! MELTING! And all because you had to use the "L" word. CURSES! Foiled in my efforts to destabilize the world and to achieve global domination.

c7378ae0681376b925ef84aad4a0a36e.jpg

Assuming you mean the karma points on this forum, rather than the buddhist concept of the consequences of your actions, then it's just a "like" system.
You can rate a post by clicking on the icons below their post as "like", "agree", "funny" etc and every time you do so it adds to that poster's karma count.
Looking at your mini-profile to the left of your above post you have posted 79 times on this site so far, and on 39 occasions someone has rated your post positively. That could be one rating on 39 individual posts, or it could be multiple positive ratings on a smaller number of posts, potentially 39 positive ratings on just one post.
Each member can only leave one rating per post, but it is possible to undo or change the type of the rating for a while after you have placed it should you decide you would rather rate something as "informative" rather than"friendly" for example.
Hope that answers your question :)

Giving karma points is entirely subjective, up to each individual poster. Just another way to provide positive feedback to a post outside of text responses.

Can I get a gift voucher for Amazon?

But WAIT!!!!!

For just an additional $9.95 you can get a sample of Dr. Smeagle's Miracle Elixir.

Tax and license not included. Offer void where prohibited by law, including Alaska, Hawaii and Inner Mongolia.

New Threads

Top Bottom