• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

We're all going on a summer holiday....

That's fantastic to hear @ladybug awww, I am so pleased.

Relationships aren't easy for anyone, NT or on the spectrum - but it sounds you are both going to be fine, that's so good to hear:).

Thanks. There's a huge gap alright, but I am living the life he would want me to live. He was the one who made me strong and capable.

You sound like you'd have been fabulous couple..... so good to hear you are stronger for having him in your life.....

If you found what works, do it every time.

I think it will be a good way for us to holiday.... he can be shut off from the rest of the world by being in a 'known' environment... but still travel and NOT have to do airports... which no one likes really, but he detests....
He also likes driving... I love cooking and trying new foods.... I have introduced him to 'anti-pasti'... which for a man who has a narrow menu.... is quite something.....
I don't push him out of his comfort zone too much.... but gently introducing foods he's now quite delighted with himself...
When I go too far or too quickly he does let me know rather bluntly... but I like that as I'll know exactly where I am on that topic or area.... ;)

I have a bad habit of doing this sometimes with my mom. It's not that I'm lazy, it's more of the world is full of sights and sounds. It can be hard to understand what's going on when I try to focus one one specific thing at a specific time and try to keep up too. The other thing is that I trust that my mom knows exactly how I feel and what I want most of the time, we have the same wants and needs so that is easier in a way then repeating that I want the same thing 24/7 to a bunch of waiters/waitresses. It does get a little annoying having to repeat the same things too so having a person to help in the normal things that everyone does is a welcomed break.

That's good to have such a close relationship with your mum.... you are lucky..!!
My son (18) is Aspie too and although we get on when we don't... it's hideous... he uses language that is hurtful and vicious.... so it's always a huge struggle to remain calm and not react.... he's siding with my ex husband (I'm going through a very messy divorce)... so he is very vocal about how my ex sees me....

well, we've been....
My Aspie partner and I (NT) went on our summer holiday, for two weeks ...a first for him in over 12yrs..!!
We went in a motorhome all about Europe.... we spent every day, 24/7 for the whole time together....(I am presently waiting for the downtime/meltdown-which I've already suggested ) but he was so relaxed....!! I became aware that he drove... and I was responsible for getting us booked in and the 'buffer' with ALL OTHER HUMANS during our trip....
So is this normal...??(hate using that word.)
I got everything from food, booking restaurants, shopping, coffee rests, all communication with the outside world, camp sites .... everything...!! I was surprised how a successful (in work) person can but cannot deal with people.... I am an organiser.... so it works so well for us.... but still I was surprised...he literally spoke to no one else.... for the whole time...!!
Is this what it's going to be like...?
It was a great trip and I think we were both stunned how easy we are together....
Does anyone else have holiday experiences...? Thanks..!! :)

Can I book you to be my travel agent also.... I'm all for not having to speak to people I don't know, and most the ones I do know... That alone would be an excellent holiday. : )

Can I book you to be my travel agent also.... I'm all for not having to speak to people I don't know, and most the ones I do know... That alone would be an excellent holiday. : )

Ha ha..... do you think I should organise a European tour.....? I will speak to all other humans.....organise accommodation.... food.... wifi -(clearly essential ).... and wine for me.... (even more of an essential )

Ha ha..... do you think I should organise a European tour.....? I will speak to all other humans.....organise accommodation.... food.... wifi -(clearly essential ).... and wine for me.... (even more of an essential )

Oh... just thought of a downside for you.... you'd need to talk to me...!! Lol

Sure I will text you anything I need... and we can just be all awkward and silent, but for me thats really normal...

However, you can talk to all those nice people all you want! I will just hang out and drink all your wine... Rum would be better for me, and I need a voyage on a pirate ship, instead of a European vacation please...
I figure the pirate ship is much more cost effective that chartering a yacht to some unknown destination.

I want to go take over some deserted island in the South Pacific somewhere... You can just leave me there. I'm good with that, but your clientele might be a little more interesting to handle... Pirates are shady, and mostly dominate NT's with a bad attitude... So serious self defense classes might be needed beforehand, or just get them drunk and throw them over board, that will work too : )

Sure I will text you anything I need... and we can just be all awkward and silent, but for me thats really normal...

However, you can talk to all those nice people all you want! I will just hang out and drink all your wine... Rum would be better for me, and I need a voyage on a pirate ship, instead of a European vacation please...
I figure the pirate ship is much more cost effective that chartering a yacht to some unknown destination.

I want to go take over some deserted island in the South Pacific somewhere... You can just leave me there. I'm good with that, but your clientele might be a little more interesting to handle... Pirates are shady, and mostly dominate NT's with a bad attitude... So serious self defense classes might be needed beforehand, or just get them drunk and throw them over board, that will work too : )

Pirates have a limited weight allowance for rum. Maybe it's best to not hire a crew in the first place.

Ok...how about a European Pirate Cruise...? We will need....
An large long plank ...(for those we want/need to jettison- bags I get ultimate veto on this..!!)
Rum... good call - as I'm rather partial :)
We will need to look into AC stripy tops.... and possibly a supply of parrots...

Ok...how about a European Pirate Cruise...? We will need....
An large long plank ...(for those we want/need to jettison- bags I get ultimate veto on this..!!)
Rum... good call - as I'm rather partial :)
We will need to look into AC stripy tops.... and possibly a supply of parrots...

Plus muzzles for the parrots, as they're quite noisy.

I got to parotmuzzles.com normally.

New Threads

Top Bottom