• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Well, I quit my job and almost got arrested in the process.

Dr. Simon Baron-Cohen proved that aspies tend to have many engineers in their family trees. You can see that genetic progression.
It is because of this point, that some have considered LFAs to be injured Aspies (not injured NTs).

Update: applied to be bus attendant and/or lunch room aide for the local school district. I found out I cannot donate plasma because I'm a type 1 diabetic. I'm selling some of my basketball cards in the meantime. I have one more paycheck from the previous job coming next week. Then I'll just have to hope something works out. Nothing from care.com yet. Maybe I can leave a flyer at church and offer to clean people's homes. :) Totally putting my two partial Master's degrees to work, hehehe.

I had worked in direct care. Got beyond frustrated with employees, bosses, and all their drama and their different set of rules for the client home I worked at. I quit today. But I almost got arrested because, when I called the police when no one was coming to relieve me of my shift (I'd called other employees, but they were all in overtime), the police thought I was going to leave the client home just because I said I was angry and wanted to leave (that would be grounds for arrest for abuse and neglect, since I was the only person on staff at the home). Well, I knew I couldn't actually leave until someone showed up, which is why I called police after others weren't responding to my requests to relief. Still, I got scared at the mere mention of possible arrest, so I hit myself and appeared very weird before the policewoman.

Not sure what to do at this point. I wonder if I should ever seek employment again. I had some good jobs in direct care, and at substitute teaching, in years past, but my latest ventures in those arenas have met with absolute disaster.

I do not seem to have any ability to deal with conflict with other human beings. It is my Achilles' heel, as they say.
I am sorry this happened. Direct care can be very stressful and isn't easy.

I am sorry this happened. Direct care can be very stressful and isn't easy.

Thanks. This was about a year and a half ago. I'm doing better now by tutoring and cleaning people's houses. I'm also currently awaiting some work as a substitute teacher aide in a small district (no calls yet). I had various direct care jobs from 2013-2017, some more successful than others, but I don't think I'll go back into that field. The hours can get crazy, and I'd rather spend more time with my spouse and accommodate his schedule.

New Threads

Top Bottom