• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

I swear. ALOT. Its not intentional, its just how I talk. I try not to do it around little people or elderly people, but sometimes it slips out. Its especially worse if I'm angry or excitable.

There's a place in Siberia called 'Yakutsk' I'm recommending everyone use as a swear word.
I really want someone to try it out for a while to see if I can get any converts....

Try it in different tones of voices - I went through a phase of saying it loudly and randomly:)

Yeah, I hate teen slang, and I am a teen. I can't stand it when my friends say stuff like, "Bae" or "Lit" or whatever all those things are. I don't bother with it.

It really annoys me when young people use the F-word so much in everyday conversation. They act like it is OK to talk like that in mixed company or around little ears. Well, it is not OK!!!
i swear a lot because ive grown up completely detached to the outside world [ie.the world outside of my own dimension] and language like f**k doesnt have any connotations for me, to me its just a noise,a sound,i picked it up because of echolalia from my mother who said it constantly so as an adult i say it a lot as part of echolalia and as part of conversation.

i dont mean it in a bad way,i just dont understand why its bad,or why other swear words are bad, however some words do have major connotations for me as i grew up being bullied with them.

When I try to search for something on a search engine and, when showing me my results, it says at the top Did you mean?
(I know what I meant, so stop trying to guess otherwise).

It's for this reason as well that I also hate predictive text on mobile phones;

Predictive Text: "I'm just going to where? Up the Pub?"
Me: "No."
Predictive Text: "I'm just going to where? Up the Road?"
Me: "No!"
Predictive Text: "I'm just going to where? Up the Shops?"
Me: "No - Shut up!"

You do of course know that you can turn predictive text off on most phones right?

People on Tumblr and Twitter having tantrums regarding the ending of Episode 8 of Samurai Jack.
On a personal note, I liked how they've built it up over the previous episodes and I can easily think of several other shows where similar stuff has happened.

Jack and Ashi successfully defeat a dangerous alien before sharing a kiss. Some people are annoyed by this either because they wanted Ashi to have a Lesbian relationship with Flora or because they think it paedophilic that Jack and Ashi can have a relationship due to Jack technically been 75 years old although - due to the effects of been transported through time - he's still 25 years old

i swear a lot because ive grown up completely detached to the outside world [ie.the world outside of my own dimension] and language like f**k doesnt have any connotations for me, to me its just a noise,a sound,i picked it up because of echolalia from my mother who said it constantly so as an adult i say it a lot as part of echolalia and as part of conversation.

i dont mean it in a bad way,i just dont understand why its bad,or why other swear words are bad, however some words do have major connotations for me as i grew up being bullied with them.
I swear alot in day to day life. Not for any particular reason, its just how I talk. It can be hard not to swear when talking to doctors/teachers etc, I have to make a conscious effort not to do it lol.

When you watch movies or TV shows (live action or animated) where a character is woken up as soon as the alarm clock goes off, only to declare "oh no - I'm late!"
Why do these people set their alarm clock to wake them up at a time that risks making them late? It makes no sense.

Here's two examples:
Cardcaptors - Episode 1: (1:45 to 2:15)

Sailor Moon - Episode 1: (2:55 - 3:00)

I argue out loud with television ads, saying pretty much the same things, lol. The one thing that annoys me more than anything is my work uniform. It is the worst piece of overpriced garbage ever. The sleeves actually restrict movement, like, I can't do my job if I can't move my arms (I probably could, but not effectively). And toilets, though toilets don't annoy me, they scare the bejeezus out of me.

When women who are grossly overweight stuff themselves into garments that make people point and stare in amazement. I feel a mixture of disgust and pity when I see this.

Being a older couple, my wife and I spend most evenings watching TV. I do not like fiction to much and my wife does not like sports to much. So we watch a lot of so called "realty TV", which we both like. Shows like "Gold Rush", "Ice Road Truckers", "Deadliest Catch" and "Yukon Men". What annoys me about them is the inserted drama, which they put in to make the show more attractive to the average viewer. It would not be so bad if they would just get their facts right. Some of the things that they do and say are so obviously wrong that a child could pick them out. Drives me crazy (crazier?).

Mouth noises from people eating in close vicinity - the really mushy or liquidy ones. Disgusting. I wish such people could really hear what they sound like.

And the fact that for celebrities, even negative publicity is still publicity (and publicity is what counts for the famous). Most people can't see it for what it is and they keep buying all the magazines, etc.!

Someone ranting (or 'venting' as I call it) at you over something you've got no control over.

E.g, My mother is complaining because we've had the heating on for a few hours and, with the exception of my room as it has the boiler in it, the rest of the house doesn't seem to be getting any warmer.
As such, she's come to me and 'vented' about how cold it feels and I'm literally thinking to myself "well what do you want me to do? Punish the heating for not warming all the house evenly?"

People on Facebook posting spoilers for the forthcoming Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi, wait till it comes out for goodness sake! It's literally 2 weeks away.

Bad fantasy films feeling the need to paint stuff on one side of the face of a female protagonist; What's the purpose of it?

Examples: Rhonu from Dragonheart 3: the Sorcerer's Curse
47f26293c50ffde93fcc5afd8acdefbf.jpg

Saerwen from The Christmas Dragon
maxresdefault.jpg

Bad fantasy films feeling the need to paint stuff on one side of the face of a female protagonist; What's the purpose of it?

Examples: Rhonu from Dragonheart 3: the Sorcerer's Curse
47f26293c50ffde93fcc5afd8acdefbf.jpg

Saerwen from The Christmas Dragon
maxresdefault.jpg

Could it be an inept attempt to portray an alien quality?

New Threads

Top Bottom