• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

When you read an online newspaper article and then, when you look through the comments section, there's usually somebody who makes a comment who either says something that has nothing to do with the article or makes a non-existent 'link' to justify their own belief.

I'll give you an example:

ARTICLE: 'They're scum': Furious sister posts pictures of her autistic brother's injuries after he was beaten up in the street for just £5

(In this article, a boy has been mugged and beaten by a gang of thugs who stole £5 and his bag from him, with his sister now making an appeal on Facebook to try to catch the gang).

Now, here's what I mean regarding the stupid comment:

COMMENT: "Poor lad, the Brexiteers are a violent bunch of thugs"

(There is nothing in the article relating to Brexit and the subject of the article has nothing to do with it, so why the heck is this person trying to make out like the gang who committed this horrible act were all people who voted to leave the EU?!)

Sounds like Daily Mail headline.

Some of their readers should be arrested for "hate crimes" IMO, some of the bile they come out with is racist, homophobic, Xenophobic, anti-disabled, everything that's all kinds of wrong and they believe it like a 3 year old believes in that bloke with a red suit who's coming next Sunday.

People on New Year's Eve letting off fireworks hours before midnight.

If they start letting them off a few minutes beforehand then I wouldn't mind, but it's pretty annoying when I'm sat in the living room on New Year's Eve, watching a film at say 7:50pm and some numpty starts letting off fireworks because they're so desperate to play with their fancy explosives.

They've fnally oultlawed most fireworks here, and curtailed the purchase of those that remain legal. Hawaii is basically a redneck archipelago (albeit asian and indigene) rednecks, and we have always been way too into fireworks here.

People not being able to fill dishwashers to a minimum of 80 optimal capacity.

I'm being lenient here, as I know my 90-95% seems difficult for some, but I'd rate the average at no more than 60%.

Unacceptable :p

The slang that people my age are using (at least in the city that I live in): "lit" "low-key" "deadass" "x gets me tight" and there are lots more that I don't remember.

The slang that people my age are using (at least in the city that I live in): "lit" "low-key" "deadass" "x gets me tight" and there are lots more that I don't remember.

Oh good god yes... I cannot stand the stupid slang that gets used! "bae" and "slay" are the worst, they makes me angry!

Most things that annoy me are in general considered annoying I think: being cut off mid sentence, being talked down to, insulted or ignored, advertising (thank god that industry is dying), people being willfully ignorant on a topic they know nothing about, hypocrisy, etc...
There are some things that annoy me more than they should and don't annoy most people though.
One is certain smells tend to set me off, like the smell of boiled eggs, kim chi, and certain other strong smelling foods.
Another is a lot of tags on clothing, especially if they tend to stick straight out and scratch around on my neck.
A third is political correctness since it's been used so often these days to attack many of my favorite things, like gaming and heavy metal.
Also I despise pop music, not as in popular but as in what we call "pop" today, like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, etc..
I also tend to get upset over the complete disregard for source material by movies and shows based on books, comics and manga.

All those in bold piss me off too!

Wait, "slay"? I dont think I've heard that one. What idiocy is that word being used for?
An example; "Omg my girl gonna slay" basically it means they look good... And I've seen and heard grown adults say this... It makes me feel dumber just hearing it.

I don't know what any of those mean. Tell me what they mean, so that I can start using them. :)

Public Toilets.

If you find one that's clean (no pee on the floor or seat), has plenty of toilet roll, actually has its seat still attached, no graffiti on the walls, doesn't stink and isn't blocked up by heaven-knows-what then you've done really well.
Sadly, the opposite of all the above to some degree is what I'm sure we're all used to seeing.

This is a big problem in Sheffield, mostly because the clueless halfwits in the Council closed the few clean ones in Town years ago, the few that are left are so unhygienic that even if you're desperate for a wee, or even worse, the other end, you hold it till you either get Home or go in a Cafe or somewhere, only thing with that is that most Cafes have a thing about you using their Facilities without buying something in between, some even charge for access to the Toilets.

When you try to do your zip up on your jacket/coat and all the teeth come apart.
It's worse if the zipper then jams so you can't undo your jacket/coat.

New Threads

Top Bottom