• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weird stuff

I think somebody probably does know.
Maybe the girl who asks.
That's what I'd expect.

Turned off as in sexually? If so being turned off mean losing sexual arousal (while being turned on would mean being sexually aroused)

I'm not sure if the expression can be used in a non-sexual context, but if so it would simply mean loosing interest

The context would matter.
It seems like you could get some idea what
she meant by examining the events/circumstances
surrounding the question.

So you guys weren't hugging or snuggling or anything.

Had the two of you been talking and then there was a
pause in the conversation?

No not at all. I was looking in her direction when she asked me that but like I said I can't think of why she would ask me that of all things she could ask.

If you think about the content of the dialog you may
be able to pinpoint the cause.

It sounds like she wanted to know if you had lost
interest in or felt disapproving of what she had talking about.

She wasn't even talking to me before she asked that; she was talking to one of her girlfriends. She also laughed when she asked me that.

Ohhhhhhhhh
Maybe she meant, hey us girls were talking and
since you're a guy, you must find this (stereotypically)
boring.

Does anybody know what it means when a girl asks you "Are you turned off?"

Something that you find to be a negative connotation would be a turn-off.
- Rubbing ones body with lamp-oil and lighting oneself on fire would be something that would be a turn-off.
- Not showering would be a turn off.
- A girl talking about her father or your mother when engaged in romantic tenancies would be a turn-off.

Something that excites your romantic tenancies would be a turn on.
- Her wearing something you find attractive is a turn-on.
- Her wearing her hair in a way you find attractive is a turn-on.
- Dancing seems to be a popular mating ritual and is a likely turn-on.
- A male sacrificing wealth on depreciating bobbles (jewelry, balloons, flowers, definitely not chocolate . . . chocolate is useful) are popular mating rituals and are likely turn-ons.

-----

I find some clothing to be a turn-on, but mainly I think I am clothing blind. I would not notice if my wife had a $10,000 dress on or a $1 thrift store dress on, but I would likely enjoy them both equally.

Last edited:
I know what a turn-off is but why would she ask that at random?

I thought you had already figured that out.

It is unlikely that it was "random."

The girl hadn't been spouting utter incoherent nonsense.
What she said had some meaning.
It wasn't 'random.'

Think about the context:
What she had been saying and to whom just
before she said that, to you.

Is this girl someone you are dating, or is she in your potential dating pool?

Does she attempt to look you in the eyes, or does she look at your lips? The lips thing is apparently what you do when you are attracted to another person.

It could be that she wanted to take a sample of things that guys find to be off-putting.

Perhaps some other girl thinks that you are turned off by her, because you missed some non-verbal queue.

It could be that she wanted to start a conversation with you that would lead towards what you find attractive so that this girl or another girl can better flirt with you.

On the reverse flip she could be trying to find out how to get you from checking out her or another girls body, or try to figure out how not to get you to ask a certain girl out.

Any way you look at it, if you like this girl, then take the chance and talk to her about stuff, and ask her out on a date. No one wins without playing the game.

I couldn't even hear them talking because they were talking in low voices; it seems like that's what they usually do though.

New Threads

Top Bottom