• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weird feelings in body over a stressing situation

SailorMars1994

Hey everyone! I am unsure weather or not anyone else gets this but i will ask. Sometimes, i feel sensations in my body, perhaps a form of sensory overload? I get them when confronted with a veery distressing situation. This will be embarrasing but i feel almost like a tingling in my anus area, in my tummy, weird feeling in my arms, ect. I used to thing it may have been a good thing so i went ahead with doing the stressful thing and as it turned out it got worse...i felt the need to vomit, i would flip out and have a massive meltdown.. like i did 3 days ago while mowing the lawn. It seems to happen as soon as the idea of something destressing or truamatic pops into my head. Any help <3?

Hey everyone! I am unsure weather or not anyone else gets this but i will ask. Sometimes, i feel sensations in my body, perhaps a form of sensory overload? I get them when confronted with a veery distressing situation. This will be embarrasing but i feel almost like a tingling in my anus area, in my tummy, weird feeling in my arms, ect. I used to thing it may have been a good thing so i went ahead with doing the stressful thing and as it turned out it got worse...i felt the need to vomit, i would flip out and have a massive meltdown.. like i did 3 days ago while mowing the lawn. It seems to happen as soon as the idea of something destressing or truamatic pops into my head. Any help <3?
panic attack

OK, so you might see this as a strech, but I have a theory on the way we phrase certain things and how it's linked to emotions or energy that we feel. It works in most languages, there are usually expressions that convey a meaning of saturation, negative feeling, etc. through an image of physical pain, and there's a reason for that. I feel it has roots in the psychosomatic effects, and psychosomatic has become such a bad word in the last few years, but the brain is complex enough to trick your body into particular sensations in order to make you understand what you may have missed otherwise.

Think of it as people saying "this conversation is giving me a headache", "I busted my butt to get this done", etc. I've never had the same feeling as you described, but clearly, something is a pain in the a** for you. Is there anyway you could remember if you were very annoyed at the idea at doing the things that caused this feeling?

Its just with things i find truamatic and stressful. All the time. I think panic attack may be the best way to describe it. Problem is, once i am able to calm myself down and somewhat happy i am still ''on edge'' over this feeling and the racing thoughts that put me there... I have been diagnosed with ASD, OCD and anxiety disorder if that helps any!

When I'm panicking or really agitated, I always feel a strange sensation in my genitals.

When I'm panicking or really agitated, I always feel a strange sensation in my genitals.

I used to get that too... bothered the hell out of me. Now it has traveled elsewhere throughout my body. At first i mistook this for excitment and went with it... only for panic attacks and meltodowns to occur... and it is a feeling that starts when i am reminded of something very uncomfortbale or truamatic... very annoying

the feeling you get is the response to lighten yourself so you can run its either defaecating tingling around anus in the colon
and urinating tingling in the genitals
if your body knows the danger is no longer there it works to retain fluid

When I get confronted with a very distressing situation I fall apart. My body starts shaking, my voice stutters and that might be followed by a meltdown. If the situation is my fault it's always worse; I end up screaming at myself, calling myself an idiot and that other stuff - and retrospectively when I'm IN control of myself I'm totally aware of the fact that it does NOT ameliorate the situation one tiny bit. Mistakes on the job trigger this a lot; I lost all control and did that in front of my boss once, can't believe I wasn't fired (for the reaction, not the mistake).

I guess now i am just wondering.. what is the best way to get my mind focused onto other things.. like the things i like and being able to enjoy them without this intrusiveness ?

When I get tingly it is a sign my body is pumping out so much cortisol my cells have started to resist it.

This is absolutely a sign I am doing too much and I have to do what I can to stop. This can turn into something very serious where the body can't absorb cortisol and you have no energy.

I wrestled with it for years before figuring out what I have, and Dr. Jack Kruse (online doctor, neurosurgeon) wrote articles that told me what to do. And it worked!

This sounds a lot like some of my panic attacks. I wish I had an answer as to how best to deal with it. I usually stay away from whatever is causing the reaction (if possible) and then go home and sleep. Sleeping is the only thing that can kind of "reset" that on-edge feeling afterwards. I've tried so many things in order to distract myself so I don't actually break down, but nothing seems to really work :-/

This sounds a lot like some of my panic attacks. I wish I had an answer as to how best to deal with it. I usually stay away from whatever is causing the reaction (if possible) and then go home and sleep. Sleeping is the only thing that can kind of "reset" that on-edge feeling afterwards. I've tried so many things in order to distract myself so I don't actually break down, but nothing seems to really work :-/

Thaks you so much for the insight!! apperciate it however.....Issue is i cant :(... its litterly my body that does it. I am MtF with, according to the Drs sever gender dysporia.. if i see faical hair in the morning or i notice my genitals i get that weird tingly feelings.. followed by the sensation to vomit or just phsycially ill in addition to feeling like im going to break down and have a panic attack.. it is rough. See, i used to not like the ''male'' features of my body but i could recall being able to look past it and move on to the things that made me happy (like being the real feminine female me).. but now, it is a total fight or flight sistuaton it seems that leads to a panic attack.. been dealing with this forever. The thing is I used to think this was a sign i wast truely trans and that if i fixate and feel these highly weird feelings that somehow i am really just male, but as soon as i did that and went to living as a male again it was a total panic attack and mentdown.. hospitalized twice over it. This is getting really annoying :'(

That sounds like a panic attack to me. I get them sometimes when I'm in very stressful situations and it usually gives me weird sensations throughout my body, and then escalates to breathing heavily/hyperventilating, and sheer panic.

Hi there. :) I also get the vomiting part, tingling at the tips of my fingers and fluttering feeling in the stomach area. I also get light-headed.

What I do is listen to music. As soon as I feel a panic attack coming, I race to turn on whatever music I feel like listening to at the moment...having headphones helps with it too as I feel I'm suddenly in my own vacuum of space, if that makes sense. My objective is usually to drown out whatever thoughts I'm having at the moment and just focus on the lyrics.

When I get calmer, I either drink a glass of water calmly to steady my breathing or I go to a quiet room to take a nap.

If the music thing works for you, have some handy while working. I actually cannot work otherwise as silence = thoughts, and my thoughts are usually racing.

Hi there. :) I also get the vomiting part, tingling at the tips of my fingers and fluttering feeling in the stomach area. I also get light-headed.

What I do is listen to music. As soon as I feel a panic attack coming, I race to turn on whatever music I feel like listening to at the moment...having headphones helps with it too as I feel I'm suddenly in my own vacuum of space, if that makes sense. My objective is usually to drown out whatever thoughts I'm having at the moment and just focus on the lyrics.

When I get calmer, I either drink a glass of water calmly to steady my breathing or I go to a quiet room to take a nap.

If the music thing works for you, have some handy while working. I actually cannot work otherwise as silence = thoughts, and my thoughts are usually racing.

Thanks!! one issue is however, i do try to do what you have mentioned.. sometimes tho that thing that triggers me comes out of the blue especiallu when i am going into a calm and happy state! you know how i can overcome that part too :)? thanks!

Thanks!! one issue is however, i do try to do what you have mentioned.. sometimes tho that thing that triggers me comes out of the blue especiallu when i am going into a calm and happy state! you know how i can overcome that part too :)? thanks!

I'm not sure if it helps but my panic attacks were especially bad when I was in college...I lacked sleep, drank a lot of caffeine to keep awake and was basically tired the whole time. Physical exhaustion on top of a delicate emotional state made things a lot worse for me. Do you have alone time every day? That helps give energy to deal with anxiety later on.

Aside from finding a way to lessen your triggers, you may want to observe when they're more likely to happen. We could really go from happy to sad in a snap...it only takes one thing to remind us of something unpleasant, so it may really happen even when you're supposed to be relaxed.

I wonder what type of therapies would be best tho.

What helped me was getting better sleep; wearing amber-lensed sunglass after sundown, sleep mask, unplugging the wifi when I went to bed, weighted blanket (or lap pad), and using my Brainwaves app.

Also, if we have a big protein and fat breakfast first thing in the morning, that helps reset the body so cortisol works better.

Niacin did wonders for my anxiety.

Of course, whatever we can do so the body doesn't panic is going to help the most.

New Threads

Top Bottom