• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What other conditions do you have?

Depression. Anxiety disorder.
Both of which have overwhelmed me at least once or twice every week. They're not as bad as they once were a few, or even a couple of months ago, where I would break down every other day, but it's still a massive challenge to learn how to deal with.

I also have BPD (awaiting diagnosis) and OCD (formerly diagnosed and receiving treatment for) as well as just general anxiety and emotional instability.

GAD, OCD, tourettes, mild dyslexia, severe dyscalculia and a metal plate in my spine :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
Heart arrythmias, low blood counts, digestive issues, TBI- so hoping to make it to at LEAST 56!!!

Long QT, SZA, PTSD, possible BPD, Asthma, GERD, and metal in my right ankle.

Ah, a guy who went to my peer support group for young people whose suffered psychosis was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. It's a really hard one to live with, this guy seemed to have a good handle on it though. He said one of his hallucinations he experiences is still hearing music play after he's left shops. I thought that was an interesting one to have. He was one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. It's quite sad now that he's gone.

Depression, anxiety, Meniere's Disease, IBS, dyspraxia and various skeletal abnormalities. The depression and anxiety have reduced since changing job, thankfully - Meniere's has stopped me driving but I'm determined it won't stop me functioning.

Technically nothing else for me, although there could be an argument for minor depression and minor anxiety.

I have other conditions that are related to my age. I am a cancer survivor and have heart disease. However, my cardiologist says that I have the heart of a typical 71 year old.

Depression, anxiety, Meniere's Disease, IBS, dyspraxia and various skeletal abnormalities. The depression and anxiety have reduced since changing job, thankfully - Meniere's has stopped me driving but I'm determined it won't stop me functioning.

I have a couple of those so I don't have to say which ones - I mean, this isn't Embarrassing Bodies!

Was there a problem with me saying what conditions I had? I thought that was the question. Sorry if I gave too much information.

No, there is no problem your saying what you have at all. But I don't think everyone likes to admit to what they have.

It seems I may not be Asperger after all, although it is still quite possible. But I have now discovered I have "Borderline Personality Disorder".

Symptoms and Diagnosis - Borderline Personality Disorder

That's just a rough guide of symptoms and traits, there are far many more things than that mentioned elsewhere I'm also identified with. I have just about every symptom and trait.

It's a serious mental illness which anybody from all walks of life can develop, usually from teens onwards. It doesn't mean you're crazy though, not an axe murderer or anything as it suggests, mostly just major depression, social/generalised anxiety, sadness and despondency. Although behavioural issues plays a large part too. But because of the term it is still largely seen as a stigma label. I'm seeing a mental health team on Monday afternoon.

It is possible though to be Asperger, and Bipolar too for those with BPD (as it is commonly known). I often confuse BPD with Bipolar Disorder, but it actually stands for Borderline Personality Disorder.

Diagnosed with social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder. I've had off-and-on depression since high school. Anyone who knows me will say I have OCD, but I haven't been diagnosed with that. I'm only 23 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 20, but accompanied with severe muscle weakness that doctors couldn't account for. I went gluten free for a month after asking my doctor if she thought it would help, and I started to see some relief from the pain that caused me, so I stayed on the diet for a month more. I have now been GF for over a year and accidental ingestion makes me really sick. I doubt a doctor now would give me a fibromyalgia diagnosis if they did the points test that doctors do for that. My sis got diagnosed with Celiac Disease last February, about four months after I decided to stick with a GF diet. That can be genetic so I could have either that or just a sensitivity to it? Idk though. Doctors cost a lot of money, so I haven't gone through with the testing (need better insurance first). I'm also lactose intolerant, allergic to a ton of detergents, soaps, etc., and have really bad seasonal allergies. I had asthma as a kid which came back as an adult, and I have been wearing glasses (contacts now) for a lazy eye and the astigmatisms I have in both eyes since I was two.

Attention deficit disorder, Body Dysmorphic disorder, Anorexia nervosa, Anxiety, and dyslexia.

New Threads

Top Bottom