• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video Games

BruceCM

Suppose this is the right place for it? What games are you playing now? Anybody played Final Fantasy IV? If so, which fight did you think was the most difficult? Probably not Zeromus, though obviously that's hard, you expect it more for the final boss fight! The Red Dragon seems to be at least one of the hardest (for Cecil's Crystal Gloves). Obviously, the fight against Golbez where you start with just Cecil & Rydia has to be another. Dark Bahamut, the 2 Blue Dragons & if you get a back attack from a trio of Dark Sages. Any other ideas? Or put your games & fights in here, too!

Sorry, I've never played any of the FF games.

At the moment, I've been playing Fall Out: New Vegas. It's a pretty good game, although I'm pretty rubbish at it and I'm terrible when it comes to fights. I tend to resort to VATS because my aim is shocking. Otherwise it's an entertaining game.

OK, I've never played any Fall Out game, either! Any other games you've played you'd like to tell us about?

I really like the Fallout series. I recommend Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 though...didn't really like Fallout 3. Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV are like a hybrid RPG/FPS game, and I think it's a bit clumsy.
The game I used to obsess over was Anarchy Online, a MMORPG. Fantastic sci-fi game, although I quit because the grind was getting to me and the items I had to acquire to make a semi-decent character was doing my head in. Met a lot of good people, had a lot of fun, had a lot of great experiences - I still really miss the game, but I just can't play it anymore.

Not really played games online (some simple free ones but nothing like what you'd mean!) The items you're supposed to get in FFIV (if you really wanted to do everything you can do or if you want to fight the optional superbosses) are pretty impressive! Mostly due to being rare drops (I even got a Rainbow Pudding one time but I got killed before the save point!) & I'm not quite that into the game. Although finding & fighting enough of those enemies to get the drops would probably get you up to the levels required to have much chance against said superbosses, it's too much hassle for me. Did you play any other RPGs?

I found the same thing with Anarchy Online, in that you had to either grind like hell to get items or camp for hours on end to get random drops in order to be good. Being the sucker that I was for the game at the time, I've done the whole camping thing, which is moderately tolerable when I have people to talk to in-game. I used to just set a spawn timer and alt-tabbed between windows while I waited.

Other MMORPGs that I've played...the last one I played was Earthrise. I was actually quite disappointed with that game. I thought it was going to be pretty good but it ended up being pretty frustrating. The quests weren't very interesting and I think because the game was in beta for a long time before finally coming out, there were a basically a bunch of players who knew the game inside out already and therefore could wtfpwn people who didn't get into the beta for very long [like me]. I even pre-ordered the game, so I was expecting a lot more from it.

I've also played Lord Of The Rings, which I found pretty boring. They've made it subscription free but you basically have to buy items to get ahead. I've taken World of Warcraft for a spin too and I also found that pretty boring.

I guess I liked Anarchy Online because it was fairly complex and you could do a lot with your characters. With some professions/character classes, you weren't confined to a cookie-cutter layout. There were choices into build and weapon type, depending on what you wanted to do with your character [PvM vs PvP, melee vs range, HP vs evades, etc], and that was something that was missing in the other games that I tried. Plus, the community was fantastic for a time. I was in a great organisation/guild and we got a lot of raids done.

Expect SimCity counts as something! Not played many Sims games, got the Castaway one for my PSP to try when I get around to it. I was thinking more like FF series sort of games, personally but I've heard of WoW, at least. Played LoTR Tactics on the PSP, it was fairly good there, I thought. At least in FFIV, you can (like I do) skip the endless hunting for rare drops, if you want to. Apparently, 'grinding' used to be the main part of RPGs, so they've improved as I hardly have to deliberately level up most of the time in that one. FF3 certainly needs a bit of work, for it's final dungeon, which is ludicrously long, given the lack of anywhere to save in it. Up to that part, I didn't need to 'grind' to get my levels up! Even after doing all the 'optional' sidequests there were in it, getting all the weapons & so on, I had to waltz around it for a bit to face the final stretch.

At the moment I'm playing Fallout New Vegas at the time. Hope to get the "old world blues" DLC done before september 20th when the next DLC comes out. But I think I can manage that. Should still play the "Honest hearts" DLC though. But from what I've seen, it doesn't really appeal to me. "Dead money" was decent though.

And besides that, I play Magic:Online regularly... sometimes just casual, sometimes I take it up to tournaments, which is a bit dependent on if I have some cash to spend on it.

Tanked doesn't sound too good! Not really knowing that much about these things, I just meant I don't know what sort of game Sim City is supposed to be. Obviously, you get on with playing whichever sorts of games you like, I don't mind. Hoping some people here have played the games I've played, to comment on those as I'm rather limited in what I can say about other games. Anybody played Star Ocean 2nd Evolution, PSP? My disc broke before I could complete the Maze of Tribulations & go on to Gabriel Unlimited & the Universe levels, sadly.

I play DC Universe Online & I used to play The Elder Scrolls III & IV, but I am bad at video games & I find it frustrating that I can't be as good as other ppl or as good as I should be. Frustratingly enough, I have noone in RL to help me out w/ that.

I picked up little big planet 2 yesterday so I'm playing that as a little rest between serious games. I really want to play the gears of war series again but GOW2 will not play on my xbox, since they did an update for the game it just freezes my xbox so I can't play it again.

Somebody in my shared house is playing Final Fantasy 3 on their iphone! Think 1 & 2 are also available for that & he's sure they'd work on an ipad, too, in case that's any use to anybody here.

Right now I'm playing a buncha classic SNES games...more specifically, Super Castlevania 4, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts (or is it Ghosts n' Ghouls?), Mario All-Stars, etc etc...

I'm thinking about downloading Castlevania SotN again for PSX...might even play some old-school Tomb Raider if my discs aren't too scratched up...

Final Fantasy VII, it is good but playing it now in this current generation makes it outdated, still rules even with the swearing.
:lol2:
I'm talking about the PS1 version.
At the moment though I'm doing a few games at a time, not just constantly just one game.

I never really got all those japanese games... at least, those final fantasy and other rpg-like games. Once tried Secret of mana on the snes and I didn't really care for it.

On the other hand, I did play some Pokemon on my DS but I think the Pokemon thing appealed more to me than the "wander around and find things" aspect.

At the moment I'm on a Borderlands spree. Bought it 2 weeks ago for cheap on Steam, 66% done or so at the moment but it's getting kinda stale now. Should try the co-op mode with my girlfriend someday, seeing she still plays it every now and then.

New Threads

Top Bottom