• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vacation You Are Looking Forward To For 2017?

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
What vacation are you looking forward to for 2017?

Myself is going camping at the end of Victoria Day weekend. A few reasons choosing this period:
  1. This is when most campgrounds open for this year.
  2. Going camping on Victoria Day means most people are leaving the campground to return to work on Tuesday. As some of you know, I'm not a people person and enjoy camping the most when their the least amount of people. I would be going camping for 4 to 5 days.
Many things I'm looking forward doing for this trip:
  • Trying out my new tent instant cabin. It is 10 ft by 14 ft with a 6.5 ft ceiling. Lots of room to fit this tall penguin.
  • Using my new BBQ. I got myself a two burner BBQ that haves a built-in foldout table and wheels.
  • Using various new camera equipment I have purchased.
  • Exploring new trails.
While writing this, I decided this trip will be 5 days. Two months from today this trip will begin. I'm aiming to do about 3 camping trips this year. The other two periods might be on Labour Day and Thanksgiving, at a location of very few people.

I've never been on a vacation in my life... :(

I didn't even get a honeymoon when I got married when I was younger... =/

I've always thought I'd love to go to the mountains of West Virginia (about the closet thing to me) or Montana, Wisconsin, somewhere with lots of nature and less people... but unless somebody just decides to give me thousands of dollars it'll never happen... I would be cool to be able to take the kid to Disney too... I can't figure out how anybody can ever afford that!

PKDISC150_bg.jpg

Got one of these, haven't decided where or which park. But I'm definitely using it to it's full extent this year. Did you get one Willy? If not you can here:

http://www.commandesparcs-parksorde...y?storeId=22953&urlLangId=-1&productId=524528

Website is a bit funny, just fill in the info, and send. Even if it doesn't look as if it's gone through. Free:)

PKDISC150_bg.jpg

Got one of these, haven't decided where or which park. But I'm definitely using it to it's full extent this year. Did you get one Willy?
Nope but the pass I bought last September got extended by an extra year. I will order this year pass just to have as a collectors item. I will do this now before I forget to do this again.

No vacations. I can't disrupt my routine for even a day. :-(

I didn't even get a honeymoon when I got married when I was younger... =/

I've always thought I'd love to go to the mountains of West Virginia (about the closet thing to me) or Montana, Wisconsin, somewhere with lots of nature and less people... but unless somebody just decides to give me thousands of dollars it'll never happen... I would be cool to be able to take the kid to Disney too... I can't figure out how anybody can ever afford that!
I don't know if you have a comparable program in the US, but here our national parks program ,run by volunteers, has day walks, talks and camping trips. It is all very cheap. something to look in to

Sunshine Coast in a couple of weeks, just for 4 n I nights.

Four adults and five kids under 6.

I'll take my head phones I think.

I need a break, I've been grinding away at this business for 6 years with hardly any time off.

The way things have been in Europe, I've been reluctant to go. So far, change of plans for the summer. Staying in Canada. Moved my train trip to December, Paris to Spain. Christmas in Spain, with some old friends who live there now.

Last edited:
the first real vacation I've had in two years, a visit to madras OR on august 21, 2017, to witness "the great American eclipse" because if I miss this one, there won't be another one visible here until the 22nd century.:eek: I highly recommend that anybody reading this here, do likewise.:cool:

Looking forward to a trip to Silver Dollar City this September. What I'm REALLY looking forward to is the USA Games next year.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be graduating as a doctor this fall and finally getting a decent pay. We've been scraping by for years, so no holidays. I'm really looking forward to taking my boyfriend on a surprise romantic weekend getaway. I'm not sure where we'll go yet, just that it's gonna be a city trip :)

Norfolk, England for Easter weekend, whole Family are going including my Sister in law's Parents (well they are kind of Family now).

It sounds like I'll be visiting the beach and two dry locations in Oregon. My mom convinced me we'll visit Arizona but now no-ones talking about it. I hope I go! I've only been to Washington as I'm close it, and California when I was 6. Nowhere else outside of my state. Arizona has such awesome critters like lizards, geckos, tarantulas, camel spider, centipedes, the biggest and most dangerous scorpions in the U.S, either the whip spider or Vinegaroon, Tarantula hawk (Huge hornet.) (Trying to think of less scary animals...)

would be cool to be able to take the kid to Disney too... I can't figure out how anybody can ever afford that!

Are you sure about that? My past experience with Disney World was lines, lines, lines and crowds, crowds, crowds. It was a trip, but not a vacation.

New Threads

Top Bottom