• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

upcycling crafts

Tanya

spirit gardener
I love to make thrift store junk into new and different things by altering them. I have tried altering dolls and making wind chimes that hang from drilled silver teapots . Anyone else out there who loves to upcycle?

My son and I have made steampunk flying machines out of old hardware and parts of vintage household goods. We need to start another one, the junk has been accumulating...

My son and I have made steampunk flying machines out of old hardware and parts of vintage household goods. We need to start another one, the junk has been accumulating...

Oh wow! That sounds like so much fun! I like steampunk too.

Oh wow! That sounds like so much fun! I like steampunk too.
If the repurpose world had a leader,I would be the king :D
I have a brass steampunk lamp project that only needs a few wires soldered to finish it.My summertime activities put a halt to finishing it,but it is back on the schedule again. The gauge that is on the top is an antique one I found at a local sale that is from my hometown of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA. The brass valves were gathered out of my collection of plumbing supplies and modified to suit their new purpose. The fire extinguisher was a donation to the cause. The theme of this lamp is a leaking gas pressure system with neon flicker flame lamps,crazy plumbing and a brass sprinkler on the top.It stands over 40 inches tall.
I quit adding more cost to the darned thing after the hardware store bill exceeded $200 for the brass pipe fittings alone :D

20151129_051150.jpg
20151129_051213.jpg

If the repurpose world had a leader,I would be the king :D
I have a brass steampunk lamp project that only needs a few wires soldered to finish it.My summertime activities put a halt to finishing it,but it is back on the schedule again. The gauge that is on the top is an antique one I found at a local sale that is from my hometown of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA. The brass valves were gathered out of my collection of plumbing supplies and modified to suit their new purpose. The fire extinguisher was a donation to the cause. The theme of this lamp is a leaking gas pressure system with neon flicker flame lamps,crazy plumbing and a brass sprinkler on the top.It stands over 40 inches tall.
I quit adding more cost to the darned thing after the hardware store bill exceeded $200 for the brass pipe fittings alone :D

View attachment 22075 View attachment 22076
THAT is awesome!!

My boys pulled apart a bunch of old hard drives, and I was left with all sorts of wonderful machined rings and discs. I made this pendant from one:

IMG_2352.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom