• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

UCLA Online Personality Study for Adults with and without Autism

uclapersonalitystudy

Hi!

I'm Ben Schwartzman, a 2nd year doctoral student at UCLA, in the Human Development and Psychology division of the Graduate School of Education. For my second year project, I'm conducting research regarding personality profiles for adults with and without autism. For my study, I created an online questionnaire which takes about 25-30 min. It would be a huge help for my project if any volunteers would be interested in taking my questionnaire! We have gotten over 350 respondents already, roughly 50% with autism, 50% without.

Previous research has been conducted comparing personality and autism, but never in adults actually diagnosed with autism. However, this research has mainly been conducted using the undergraduate student population, and it would be nice to get some more data from older, working adults. I think research into the personality differences that exist between individuals with and without autism, could help us better understand the unique skills and strengths that these individuals with autism possess. Hopefully this would help to find environments/occupations that lead to the greatest success for them.

Here's a link to the questionnaire: http://uclaed.us.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2tpPLtP2dKYjvg1

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks!!

-Ben

New Threads

Top Bottom