• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time to wake up = crushing amotivation

eon

Jimmy The Neurotypical
As I'm getting to sleep, my mind refuses to shut down for a long time. it's buzzing and humming about whatever it is I'm motivated toward. At the particular moment it was on and on about playing some qualifying matches in starcraft 2 to finish the panda marine avatar achievement.

When it is time to wake up, I'm in this incredibly heavy mode where nothing sounds worth doing, I am amazed I can drag myself out of bed day after day. I'm starting to be aware of this in a new way, in my recent theme of trying to come to terms with all the habits I've built in my obtuseness throughout life. This one has been with me as long as I can remember.

I may very often even put off getting up and set my alarm forward again and again. I make plans to get up ahead of schedule to do things, and demotivate myself out of them almost every time, only getting up at the last possible moment to have time to get going for whatever is necessary that day.

I hate this crushing amotivation. It's like my brain is in BIOS and just doesn't care, I'm not to OS yet because my whole hardware isn't initialized yet. And nothing I can do seems to resolve this. Even once I've gotten up to shower, my brain can remain in this state. I seemed to pull it slightly back into motivated today by focusing very intently on thinking of what to write in this post to explain it.

I have the exact same issue, although it has gotten slightly better as I have gotten older.

It seems like all the best intentions, all the threats of losing your job for continually being late, the hassles of missing an early flight, can't possibly match the need to shut your eyes just a little longer.

I understand as I share something similar.
Brain is constantly in go, that by the time that you are ready for sleep it is still going...I have not been able to find any way to help, I just wait for a long time before brain just shuts down...then I have problems waking up, so I don't know whether or not this post is helpful.
Maybe you should consult with your doctor?

New Threads

Top Bottom