• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This autistic North Belfast girl wants to give away her toys to those less fortunate this Christmas

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

Brooke Rankin, seven, wants to give the toys she no longer plays with to less fortunate children this festive season

15300506_342873702755587_1963238872_n.jpg

Brooke Rankin

An autistic North Belfast schoolgirl wants to give away her toys this Christmas - but she needs your help.

Brooke Rankin, a pupil at Cedar Lodge Special School, told mum Donna she wanted to give the toys she no longer plays with to less fortunate children this festive season.

But the youngster and her mum do not know who to help first so they need your help to decide who the toys should go to.

Speaking to Belfast Live, mum-of-two Donna said: "Brooke is autistic but she has the biggest heart and she said to me she wants to give her toys away.

"She has not asked for much this year because she does not play with toys that much, she's more into technology now.

"She said to me, 'Mum the toys I have, why don't you give them to the kids that do not get anything, give them to the children who need toys'.

"The thing is I don't know what to do with them, I don't just want to give them to a charity shop. She has a lot of toys she does not play with any more so we want to find a new home for them."

Seven-year-old Brooke has a history of generosity.

On her seventh birthday in February, she was given £20. Instead of keeping it to herself, the youngster bought sandwiches, a drink and crisps and gave them and the remaining £10 to a homeless man.

"She said he looked cold and she wanted to give him it," revealed proud mum Donna.

"She's just a happy, go-lucky child. She would give anything to help others, she is just a very caring wee girl. If she sees anyone stuck she wants to help."

If you can help Brooke and mum Donna come up with a list of worthy causes to donate her toys to, email [email protected] or contact Donna on Facebook.

Source: http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/autistic-north-belfast-girl-wants-12259921

New Threads

Top Bottom