• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

THEY KICKED ME OUT OF MY SONS CLASS

Andrea Grymes

Today I tried to observe my sons class. My sons IEP meeting is coming up. So I wanted to observe the class, see if there is anything I didn't agree with going on. They kicked me out of the school saying that me being there violated the privacy of the other children and thier parents! I just found out that that's not true. In fact everything that I've been reading since says thatadministrators saying that should raise red flags.

They kicked me out of the school saying that me being there violated the privacy of the other children and thier parents!
You are no different to the other parents and their children. Everyone should be treated equally. Don't put up with this and report it.

I don't know what the rules are but did you contact the headteacher/principal beforehand to arrange a class observation? I can't imagine parents are allowed to just turn up to observe classes no matter who the child is.

If you did get permission and a teacher still had you removed then report it.

You need an advocate! Please contact The Arc nearest you, so you can get some good backup. Best wishes!

New Threads

Top Bottom