• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Pot Noodle Appreciation Poll

Choose any flavours

• Sausage Casserole

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Rib

• Brazilian BBQ Steak

• Sweet and Sour

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

When In Rome

For some people, Pot Noodles are the king of lunchtime snacks; others might feel it’s a food pariah that should be sent on the fast track to hell’s kitchen. But the real question is, which flavour is the king? You can vote for your favourite in this poll.

pot_noodle_flavours_metro.jpg

I haven't tried them all and it would be impossible to list them all but recently I tried the Mac and Cheese which I really liked - it tasted of blue cheese, that was why!

I can add that the Bombay Bad Boy is bad - really hot and might come with a health warning!

The Pot Noodle I least like is the Brazilian BBQ Steak - not sure what was going on there, it tasted more like barbecued snake.

Bombay Bad Boy for me, no question. Second would be chicken and mushoom, but they can get a little bland and it's a pain trying to avoid the dreaded mushroom.

I don't know if they still make them, but the doner kebab flavour was the absolute worst. It tasted nothing like a kebab, in fact it was more along the lines of how I imagine dirty tank water would taste. :confused:

Yes, I think this is all very hit and miss. Many people might say it would be cheaper to boil up some water and pour it over elastic bands with a touch of paprika for flavouring! I am lucky to avoid the above mentioned kebab version I guess. I really don't like the Sausage Casserole much either. By making this post I'm not saying that I'm a fan of Pot Noodle, just wanted to see if they were appreciated by others.

My son, who has ASD also, would eat Chicken and Mushroom for lunch dinner and tea if you let him. Obviously I have to restrict to one a week. They are very salty and crunchy when just made and deliver that gluten hit...

I'm jealous! We have instant noodles, but not in that range of flavours. In the same way that our crisps (potato chips) don't come in near the number of flavours available in the UK; although we're catching up: poutine flavoured crisps, anyone?

I'm jealous! We have instant noodles, but not in that range of flavours. In the same way that our crisps (potato chips) don't come in near the number of flavours available in the UK; although we're catching up: poutine flavoured crisps, anyone?

Where are you? Our supermarkets sell the instant noodles, same principal, boil water, add a sachet of flavoured powder, only difference is you have to provide the bowl!

The best range of flavours in the UK in terms of this type of noodles would be good old Super Noodles. At the moment you can get: Chicken, BBQ, Mild Curry, Bacon, Chinese Chow Mein, Chicken and Herb, Chilli Chicken, Thai Sweet Chilli, Southern Fried Chicken and Chicken and Mushroom.

Super-Noodles.jpg

Poutine looks revolting by the way.
I speak Canadian personally.
I'm from Quebec, where it was invented originally. I find some typical british foods revolting as well. Like these:

What is this green mess? I'd pick poutine over this one any day.
2562051291_729dee5b94_b.jpg

This one with fish heads sticking out?
upload_2017-2-27_13-10-16.jpeg

The bangers and mash are pretty ugly too.

87b9d344cf0c08175b790ac22be8e455.jpg

I thought poutine had stormed the world! I mean, would could be more appetising than fries drowned in gravy and cheese curds!? Mmmmm...

c8Yp8pL.jpg

I'm also from the UK, and I think Poutine looks amazing. We in Wales have what is essentially the same thing:

Cheesy chips and gravy
cheesychips.jpg

In Cardiff (where I live) more specifically we have the divine chicken curry off the bone and chips
dorothy-s.jpg

There's only one place to go in Cardiff for the best chicken curry and chips, and that's Caroline Street. It's known across Cardiff as chippy lane. Pretty sure you can get cheesy chips and gravy there too.

New Threads

Top Bottom