• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Positive Traits of Autism - 12 articles...

Wow. They hit the nail on the head with these. I haven't read them all yet but the sense of humor, hardworking, and animals article certainly describe me, as well as honesty and experiencing the world differently.

I like the attitude these are written in. =)

The first thing that needs to be said is that people, whether autistic or not, are all different. Whenever something in the articles refers to people with autism, it means many autistic people, and not all. Also, every positive trait in this series of articles has been put forward by multiple people with autism for inclusion. There is so much negative coverage of autism in the media that most autistic people want to see some representation of the positive aspects that it can bring to their lives.
The disclaimer made me very happy too.

I find the creativity bit very relatable. I want to start making my own video games after I graduate highschool. (possibly before, if I have enough time to do so), and that takes a lot of creativity to do so. I am gonna use Unreal Engine 4, since it has blueprints that can be used in place of normal C++ code, which is good, because I tend to understand that better, since you can see the flows of code loops and everything in a visual-based format instead of a text-based format, so it's kinda like one of those vocabulary/event webs that they show kids in school. Not only for my own ease-of-use, but I also want users to be able to mod in their own user-generated content, such as something small such as a few new weapons, to a zombie survival mode similar to the DayZ Arma mods, all complete with maps and AI. I attached a screenshot of a simple Unreal Engine blueprint code below. (That code is actually the default movement loop.)
24917-rotate90degrees.png

I also have gameplay, story, and multiplayer concepts as well. I want the full game to have single player modes such as: Campaign (story-based stuff, the main single-player mode), survival (no story, no PvP, just a FPS-RPG-type survival game much like Fallout), Sandbox (it'll be just like a GMod-type sandbox, where you can create different scenarios, as well as have every weapon, healing items, weapon attachments, and armor pieces, as well as have the ability to move/add different props in/to the environment), and Modtest (the community can test out mods they are developing there). The single player modes would be Online Survival and Online sandbox, which will take place in the entirety of the game world (the game is gonna be a large open-world game), as well as team death match, domination, King of the Hill, kill confirmed, and battle royal, which will take place on preset areas of the map, creating several minimaps for the different gamemodes. Domination and battle royal will have the largest maps. King of the Hill, kill confirmed, and TDM will have the smallest area of the map. Those would be the competitive-type gamemode. There might be additional gamemodes such as Free For All and Capture the Flag. CTF might have multiple flags on both of the team's sides, too. Players can also unlock guns for the competitive-style modes by just simply crafting/picking them up in Online Survival. Some events and challenges in the campaign might unlock guns for competitive gamemodes as well. However, this doesn't apply to the Battle Royal mode.

Anyways, that's how I relate to this list. Sorry if I was rambling.

New Threads

Top Bottom