• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The mutual flies check

Spiller

Just.. WEIRD!
I have often observed, over the course of time, that men often check each others flies upon departure from an initial encounter..in a respectful way, I must assume..
Three Theories:
A. mutual respect and desire to avoid social embarrassment; indicating the requirement for a follow-up "You're good" gesture.
B. Checking each others' packages in a competitive manner; Really??
C. Prelude indicator to the dreaded handshake! Please, No!!
Women have also described 'The Boob Check'.. similar comparison apparently..
Is Social Status so dependant on 'visible attributes'?
My query.. Has anyone observed similar, seemingly odd and repetitive behavioral/body language that just defies rational translation/definition/analysis?
What did you make of it and how do you deal with it?

I wish there was an "Interesting" button so I could rate this post interesting! I'm curious about the responses you will get on this thread. I have no answers. Just wanted to say this lol.

Heya pushpin, me too.. Why do men blatantly glance at my groin, pre-departure? Is it that interesting? What is the follow-up gesture?
Why do women check each others' boobs? Is it the same thing? How do women react?:confused:

Last edited:
I have not noticed that, nor have I noticed women looking at other women's boobs.
I wonder if they do it consciously or unconsciously.
As pushpin said, interesting.

I have often observed, over the course of time, that men often check each others flies upon departure from an initial encounter..in a respectful way, I must assume..
Three Theories:
A. mutual respect and desire to avoid social embarrassment; indicating the requirement for a follow-up "You're good" gesture.
B. Checking each others' packages in a competitive manner; Really??
C. Prelude indicator to the dreaded handshake! Please, No!!
Women have also described 'The Boob Check'.. similar comparison apparently..
Is Social Status so dependant on 'visible attributes'?
My query.. Has anyone observed similar, seemingly odd and repetitive behavioral/body language that just defies rational translation/definition/analysis?
What did you make of it and how do you deal with it?

What?! :confused: I gotta say I really don't do any "boob check" unless something is obviously hanging out! :p Or if they are totally disproportionate to the woman's body size. For your "zipper check", I believe it's probably "B". But I'm just guessing. :)

Heya pushpin, me too.. Why do men blatantly glance at my groin, pre-departure? Is it that interesting? What is the follow-up gesture?
Why do women check each others' boobs? Is it the same thing? How do women react?:confused:

Maybe they're Aspies and they are just needing somewhere else to look instead of your eyes.

Zipper check? Hmmm...maybe in one of those Michael Jordan commercials.

I could see him saying only one word having noticed some guy's zipper open: "Dude!" :p

Reminds me of one interesting experience in college. Me and my fiancé were sitting at a table and one of our buddies came up to chat with us, but he just stood there. Well, certain body parts are at face level and you can't help but notice if somebody needs to eXamine Your Zipper. I discreetly mentioned it to my fiancé because I know how embarrassing it can be for some guys to know a woman was staring at his crotch, and rather awkward if he takes it as an advance especially if you happen to be engaged to another guy who happens to be sitting right next to you. He tells our friend, our friend zips up, and then calls me out on it. "I knew she noticed and not you, women always notice that kind of thing because men never look." ACK! :confused:

The only other checking I've witnessed is women hunting blood stains.

Off topic:

Every time I see the title of this thread I think of two flies who work for a company called Mutual who are in the process of checking something.

Well, being that I am not a man and thus, never been there to see this, I can only guess that it is actually to see if theirs is bigger then the others or visa verse.

Being that I am not a typical girl in that I get together with other girls and we talk busts etc, I have not be around to see this, but am I pretty sure if they do, it is for the same reason guys look at others trousers, to compare size.

However and this shocked and distressed me. I was chatting with my youngest niece who just casually had walked in when I told her to specifically not to, as I was putting on my bra, but she did and said she found nothing wrong, because when she went around to a friend's house, the friend's mother ENCOURAGED the girls to MASSAGE each others breasts! I tried to explain why this was wrong, but she just did not comprehend that ( or perhaps she did, but chose to not do).

This is one reason I do not get on with my own sex, because I cannot cope with the: she is prettier than her; her clothes are better etc etc etc

Just last night, at my spiritual meeting, a sister looked at me with sort of awe and told me that red is my colour and that she thought I looked stunning and I hugged her and told her that she looked lovely too. There was absolutely no jealousy or envy or sexual perversion in her observation; just appreciation and wow blew me away!

It never fails to make me cry, how girls and women can be with each other!

Well, being that I am not a man and thus, never been there to see this, I can only guess that it is actually to see if theirs is bigger then the others or visa verse.

Thanks for the info Suzanne, I've heard of this, my last GF told me men have an inferiority complex in this regard, though I've never experienced it.. perhaps one has to be around other men to develop it? I don't know.
I wouldn't have thought you could see much through a pair of jeans though.. perhaps I should do some discrete checking? ;)
I must say I've never heard that females got up to such things.. makes me wonder what men get up to :confused:

Menstrual flow or rather nasty word: period!

Ah! Makes sense.. how paranoid people have to be to get by.. amazing!

I've never noticed, or even heard of this going on! I always assumed that it would be men checking out girls' boobs, or girls checking out flies, not the other way round - whatever the reason might be. They'd have a hard time checking out my boobs because I always have the well covered under layers of baggy clothing.

Spiller: I found your first post kind of funny because I never noticed people doing such strange things. people really do get up to some weird stuff...... :confused:

New Threads

Top Bottom