• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Beautiful Secret release What's Inside for Autism Awareness Week: VIDEO EXCLUSIVE

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

Music duo The Beautiful Secret release their debut single What’s Inside on March 24. The track is the anthem for this year’s World Autism Awareness Week, taking place from March 27 - April 2.

The-beautiful-secret-whats-inside-national-autism-awareness-week-771406.jpg

Rachael Hawnt and Ashley Cutler will donate all proceeds from the single to The National Autistic Society to raise funds and increase awareness of the condition (which affects around 700,000 in the UK) and the work of the charity.

The song, inspired by Rachael’s niece Katie-Rae who has Asperger syndrome, a condition on the autism spectrum. Her views about the way she sees the world are reflected in the lyrics through this haunting, thought-provoking and ultimately uplifting composition.

Rachael said, “My beautiful niece Katie-Rae, now 16, has autism and learning difficulties and had many fears and phobias from the get-go but she’s still a strong and loving person with a fantastic artistic flare and a big, big heart.”

“We wanted to write a song to help raise funds and awareness for autistic people.

"The first person I went to talk to was Katie-Rae; I told her I wanted to write about the way SHE felt, a real perspective from a real autistic child.”

The-beautiful-secret-whats-inside-national-autism-awareness-week-841179.jpg

Rachel revealed her niece has autism and learning difficulties

“Katie-Rae was enthusiastic about the prospect of helping others, and making a difference.

"‘What's Inside’ started to take shape, but the most poignant thing Katie-Rae said to me was 'no-one ever listens to me', which we adapted into the opening line.”

The Beautiful Secret. They have played festival dates alongside the likes of Sir Ray Davies and Noel Gallagher.

They have recorded their debut album, called The Beautiful Secret, which is being released on April 7.

This elegant collection of ten tracks, draws touches of folk, soul, emotional ballads, pop and rock with passion, flair and beauty.

Listen to the song here: The Beautiful Secret release What's Inside for Autism Awareness Week: VIDEO EXCLUSIVE

is there any way to see the lyrics of this song? i struggle to hear lyrics when playing music as theres to many sounds going on at once.

i hope they havent used depressing lyrics.

is there any way to see the lyrics of this song? i struggle to hear lyrics when playing music as theres to many sounds going on at once.

i hope they havent used depressing lyrics.

Here's the Video and the Lyrics:

---

You’re not listening to me
You don’t see the way I see
Now your patience is running out
If I make you mad don’t shut me out
And I’ll shine like the sun for you
But I can’t do it like you want me to
Patch me up when I come undone
Stop the tears when they want to run
I want to run
Another day of feeling lost but I can’t ask for help
I wish I could be somewhere else tell me is time running out?
You’re the only one who won’t turn their back
Don’t give up I’ll be back on track
I’m just trying to be myself

And I’ll shine like the sun for you
But I can’t do it like you want me to
Patch me up when I come undone
Stop the tears when they want to run
I want to run
But I told you I was sorry
It’s just sometimes I don’t feel very good
Yes I told you (Yes I told you) That I was sorry (I was sorry)
It’s just sometime that I feel misunderstood
Misunderstood
This is how I feel
This is who I am
And it’s what’s inside me

New Threads

Top Bottom