• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sweet Tooth - 10 Favorite Candies

1. Spice Drops.
2. Orange Slices
3. Spice Drops
4. Orange Slices
5. Spice Drops
6. Orange Slices
7. Spice Drops
8. Orange Slices
9. Spice Drops
10. Orange Slices

As you can see, I like a little variety. Do cookies count?

A post in another thread got me to thinking about candy. I am a candy junkie, which explains why I don't have many teeth left and am built like a walrus. Still, it has not diminished my desire nor curtailed my efforts to feed that desire. Here are my ten favorites:

1. Mars Bar (no longer available in the US)
2. Hershey's Special Dark candy bar
3. Tootsie Rolls
4. Willy Wonka Candy (all of it)
5. British Lollies (I don't know what they're called, but they're like a giant Sweet Tart on a stick that I used to buy by the jar. They came from England)
6. M & M's
7. Bob's Mints
8. Goo-Goo Cluster
9. Mallo Cup
10. NECCO Wafers

Honorable Mention - Cherry Mash, 3 Musketeers, York Peppermint Pattie

I am genuinely horrified you no longer have access to Mars Bars. I shall go purchase one immediately, consume, and think of you...
#australia_landofplenty

1- Maltesers
2- Maltesers easter bunny
3- maltesers mini easter bunny
4- Maltesers teasers
5- mint maltesers
6- I I haven't had any other maltesers
7- can you guess what my favourite chocolate is yet?
8- skittles
9- Galaxy
10- Cookies/biscuits

What a fun thread! :-D
  1. Cadbury Creme Egg
  2. Dark Chocolate Orange (the kind you see around Christmas)
  3. Lindt chocolate truffle
  4. Dark chocolate covered almonds
  5. Dark chocolate covered Rice Krispie treat
  6. Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt
  7. Dove bar
  8. Almond Joy
  9. Kit Kat
  10. Peanut M&Ms
Now that's when we limit it to candy. Pastries would have to have their own separate list! :)

I'm just not that much into sweets, except my #1 would be cookies of almost any sort, not sure if that counts as a sweet... I'm more into savoury snack food, can't get enough cheese!

Can you still get White Knights in Australia? I used to love those as a kid but haven't seen them around. Had to settle for mint patties...
Ditto with pollywaffles. Where have they gone? Why are all the good lollies relegated to lolly obscurity?

I agree that Lindt dark choc with sea salt is a winner and Pana choc mint is a must keep in house.
Natural confectionary company fruit chews and snakes (orange or green only:p) are addictive.

yep according to the net coles stock the chocolate covered mint chewy bar
Can you still get White Knights in Australia? I used to love those as a kid but haven't seen them around. Had to settle for mint patties...
Ditto with pollywaffles. Where have they gone? Why are all the good lollies relegated to lolly obscurity?

I agree that Lindt dark choc with sea salt is a winner and Pana choc mint is a must keep in house.
Natural confectionary company fruit chews and snakes (orange or green only:p) are addictive.

A post in another thread got me to thinking about candy. I am a candy junkie, which explains why I don't have many teeth left and am built like a walrus. Still, it has not diminished my desire nor curtailed my efforts to feed that desire. Here are my ten favorites:

1. Mars Bar (no longer available in the US)
2. Hershey's Special Dark candy bar
3. Tootsie Rolls
4. Willy Wonka Candy (all of it)
5. British Lollies (I don't know what they're called, but they're like a giant Sweet Tart on a stick that I used to buy by the jar. They came from England)
6. M & M's
7. Bob's Mints
8. Goo-Goo Cluster
9. Mallo Cup
10. NECCO Wafers

Honorable Mention - Cherry Mash, 3 Musketeers, York Peppermint Pattie
what do you think of the renamed snickers almond bar
and also the milky way bar

Ok, so some of these may turn out to only be a thing in the UK:

1: Malteasers
2: Double Decker
3: Boost
4: Cadbury's Caramel
5: Toffee Crisp
6: Wispa Gold
7: Lion Bar
8: Kinder Bueno
9: Kinder Egg
10: Viscount

...bit of a chocolate fiend :p

In no order
1. Peach Rings
2. Butter Rum Lifesavers
3. White Chocolate
4. Lemon Wafers
5. Anything Caramel
6. Old Fashion Licorice
7. Anything marshmallow
8. Jelly Bellys
9. Kinds with real fruit included, such as candy apple and cherry chocolate
10. Kinds with BUGS inside for the THRILL
I did go vegan and some on the list pass I think, but not sure 'cuz I don't eat candy much anyway. Luckily I've grown to like fruit more.

Wait, what? No more Mars bars in the US? Just... why???

I'm not sure what order, but I'd say my favorite are:
1. Jelly Belly watermelon jelly beans
2. Haribo gummy cherries
3. Most of the other Jelly Belly flavors
4. Haribo Smurfs
5. Kit-Kat bars
6. Chupa Chups watermelon, cherry or apple lollipops (spot a flavor pattern yet?)
7. Coconut-coated peanuts (does this count as candy? It's sweet and small)
8. Twix
9. Sour Patch Kids
10. Warheads

I had some fizzy type of gum sold in packets, and it was like tiny "rocks" of chewing gum, that was awesome. And I still long for the taste of a discontinued type of lollipop that had a round piece of gum inside.

I used to eat a lot of sweets until I became allergic to hazelnuts. Since nuts are found in a lot of candy, I toned it down a great deal on the sweets. I started buying nut-free chocolates from an online company called Vermont Nut Free Chocolates: Vermont Nut Free Chocolates - The Finest Gourmet Chocolates for Everyone - and their chocolates tasted just like regular chocolate, no need for any nuts! It includes large and small bars, chocolate coins, chocolate Easter bunnies, chocolate Easter eggs, truffles, jellybeans, randomly shaped chocolates - they even offer granola bars! The chocolate can be milk, dark, white or crispy. I usually go for milk and crispy. The cream-filled truffles and easter eggs are my favorite candy from this store. As for cookies, I buy boxes of them at my local supermarket from nut-free companies like Enjoy Life Foods. I eat homemade ice cream and cakes. I stay away from all bakeries.

It's a shame though because I used to be a Ferrero Rocher fan. I don't just avoid hazelnuts, I avoid ALL types of nuts simply due to the risk of cross-contamination; and with the way I worry, I used to overreact to it and wash simple Coca Cola bottles just because they were in the supermarket that also happens to sell nuts and nut-filled foods. I avoid Snickers, Twix, etc. - pretty much all the traditional candy bars. Even with the allergic life, I can't complain because those special foods I eat are yummy in the tummy!

New Threads

Top Bottom