• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Strange Dreams?

Oh man. I've had vivid dreams since I was a kid. And remember most of them, although not always when I want to. Sometimes they almost seem reality based - for example, there was the dream with the blob that surrounded our house trying to get in (woke up that morning to a raging blizzard and my mom stuffing towels under the door to keep the snow out). When I'm stressed I have the school dreams, where it's the end of the year and I realize I forgot to go to one of my classes. I sometimes dream I'm male (I'm not). Even shot myself in the head in one dream to see what it was like to die (was boring - and yes, I obviously didn't die for real LOL).

And I have had bouts of sleep paralysis all my life; not so bad now, but pretty much every night in my 20s. I'd occasionally think there was someone in the room with me which was creepy, but what was worse is it always felt like I was suffocating. I'd try to make noises to get my ex to wake me up so I could breathe and get FURIOUS at him for ignoring me. Mind you, he was usually at work when this happened (he worked a late shift) and not really there LOL

Sometimes I think my dreaming life is more interesting than my real one...

I had a dream where my biology teacher went crazy and went on a cuss-filled rant because I didn't turn in any work.

..he's not wrong. :p

For a number of years I had a reoccurring dream.

Exactly the same each time. Odd sensations. Especially in my mouth on my tongue.

It didn’t make any sense to me until I remembered a particular dentist appointment at maybe 7 or 8 yrs old?

That appointment stands out because I had to go by myself,
(This was the 70s)
have a mask placed over my nose and mouth and breathe in some noxious gas. (It seemed noxious)

(A molar was being extracted while I was knocked out by this gas)

Some trauma and fear going on.

The sensations in my memory fit that of someone working inside my mouth, depressing my tongue while using repeated force to extract a big tooth.

Didn’t have that dream again.

My dreams are always in vivid color. I almost always have dreams about buildings like houses, old hospitals and schools, office buildings, skyscrapers. Or roads and bridges. Exploring places that I never got to explore, or wondering what happened to them since I explored them long ago. Many times it will be a recurring dream until I do some research about the place, or go visit it.

My dreams are always in vivid color. I almost always have dreams about buildings like houses, old hospitals and schools, office buildings, skyscrapers. Or roads and bridges. Exploring places that I never got to explore, or wondering what happened to them since I explored them long ago. Many times it will be a recurring dream until I do some research about the place, or go visit it.

mine too.

My nitemares are scary. l wake up in a sweat. My first death dream was my goldfish, (elementary school), my mom confirmed it's death. l have had dreams with people who passed on. I have had dreams about somebody who l knew was then going to pass. It's safe to say l Don't Like My Dreams. At All.
For lots of different reasons. l hope tonite is happy dreams for me.

Usually have them when sick or about to be.
Fever dreams are insane. I remember as a kid I dreamt I was eating a bag of wine gums, but the bag was also full of wasps, and then I suddenly shrank and fell into the bag and I was dashing between pieces of candy to try and avoid the roving wasps looking to attack me. It felt incredibly lifelike. I was seriously scared of eating candy for a while.

New Threads

Top Bottom