• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spicy food

wanderer03

I just love spicy food. I mean the kind that makes your lips burn as you eat. I love the rich flavor combinations and the awesome feeling I get from eating.

I love spicy food but drawn the line at 'hot'. Did a lot of travelling around the middle east and the med so grew out of the bland English cooking culture ;)

I love spicy - Thai, Indian, Chinese. Mind you my stomach doesn't always agree with my taste buds. :(

Spice is goooood. I adore some pickled green cayenne peppers! Not a fan of jalapenos though, they're very bitter below the heat. I always eat my ramen noodles with some curry powder over the top too. Gotta work on my chili so my husband can eat it though... He'll munch on jalapenos all day long but draws the line at my chili!

I just like to try and balance it enough so it doesn't drown out the flavor of anything else I eat. I want to accentuate, not dominate. :p

I guess I am the only one here who doesn't like spicy food. Actually I can't have, since I have sensitivities and allergies.

I like a little spice, but one of my long-standing stims is chewing on my lip, and spicy food is really painful on that. If it's something I can just pop in my mouth like cinnamon candy I love it though.

Oh, count me in for spicy food. I'm still looking for a place that imports Carolina reapers... because, let's try something really spicy, lol.

I just got called crazy for topping my pizza with Habaneros, which... I guess does say something about my love for spicy foods.

Guess I draw the line at "you can use these to torture people".

I do still love Jalapenos though; I don't have the need for everything to go up to 11 all the time. Jalapenos are totally fine as part on a cheese sandwich or so.

A while ago I saw a segment on a German show about a sausage vendor in Berlin, who sells hotsauce, so hot you have to sign a waiver for it. I so want to go there, lol... (and all things considered, I'm probably among the ones closest to Berlin... and still I'm whining that I should go there someday, hah)

Have you tried growing your own Reapers? My grandfather is a big pepper nut (he's who got me hooked) and it seems like he's always ordering some seed or another off the internet to try and grow. He's got ghost pepper sprouts, of all things!

I've always liked spicy foods, but my taste for the heat has grown over the years. I've developed a taste for habaneros, and make sure that I keep some on hand in the freezer. We had tacos tonight, and I'd alternate nibbling on a few habaneros, in between bites of the tacos. I've also been know slice them really thin and spread them out in a sandwich, or in a bowl of chili, soup, or anything really. I've found that by simply adding heat to a rather boring meal, transforms it into a remarkably satisfying experience. I tend to feel rather euphoric and relaxed afterwards.

Definitely, vindaloo curry is one of my favorites, I make it at home too, several varieties. Chicken, Shrim, mixed seafood, rabbit, even vegetable curry is great.

I grow my own habaneros, jalapenos and Thai chilies and, have a friend who gets me datil peppers form Florida when they are in season (regional, very hot little devils but, they have a sweetness to them as well.)

Siracha sauce is mandatory on the table for me at every meal. I carry it into restaurants that don't have it when I dine at such mild locations.

New Threads

Top Bottom