• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs stuck in your head

umbrellabeach

Does anyone else find that they constantly have a song stuck in their head?
I do. All the time. Sometimes I even listen to a certain song just so I can have it stuck in my head for a while.

Definitely but it also depends on what the song is and the environment its playing in. Certain songs do stay in my head for longer than others while other songs can just come into my head from just random segments of thought process. Creepy isnt it??!!

Nothing special here. Typical songs that get stuck in everyone's head. Mostly 80's songs, strangely enough. And 70's. Of course, the only songs that get stuck in my head are songs I hate.

I guess the term 'stuck' doesn't really apply to me, though. I've never had a song in my head that I couldn't get out. I could always just replace it with another song, situation, whatever. Anything I can remember. I can recall entire songs in my head even if I've only heard them once. Same goes for conversations. I guess it'd be the aural equivalent of photographic memory... But of course not that detailed.

Definitely but it also depends on what the song is and the environment its playing in. Certain songs do stay in my head for longer than others while other songs can just come into my head from just random segments of thought process. Creepy isnt it??!!

I get that ALL THE TIME. Often, I get several songs playing at once. It's annoying when a song you don't like gets stuck in there, from, as you said, a random thought that reminded you of it, or, because there's a radio playing nearby on a station you never listen to. I have enough music on my phone that the idea of listening to a radio is laughable, but most people don't. I use music as a tool most of the time: if I need to relax, I have a "Lght" playlist, with a lot of classic/hard rock type of stuff. I've recently gotten hooked on the Blue Oyster Cult and listen to (Don't Fear) The Reaper about 5 times per day, when possible. That song starts to calm me down from the first note. I also have a "Heavy" playlist for when I need to get my butt moving, hehe. Consisting of mostly Thrash, Death, Folk, Black, etc Metal.

Anyone ever visuals along with their songs? Many songs create either colorful patterns/images or occasionally movies for me.

Yeah the stringray theme song. A member introduced me to the show and now I can't get it out of my head.

I will often have the same song running around in my head for hours based on something I'd seen or heard earlier. Most of the time it's ok.

(except now because I read Penguins post above I have the opening bars of Stingray in my head :eek:)

New Threads

Top Bottom