• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Someone called me ugly

Just when I think things can't get any worse. They continue to do so. I overheard a so-called family member telling another that they think I'm ugly. Yes, they were talking about my beard that I've been growing out and said it was ugly. I mean, really? Excuse me for being a ****ing human being and having feelings no wonder my self-esteem is in the ****ing toilet and I just want to hurt myself all the time. I'm no good I have no job no prospects am gay and everyone hates me because of that oh they'll be nice to your face but when your back's turned people's real feelings come out and no I did not misunderstand them I heard them say it like 4 times that they think my beard is ugly and that "they can get anyone they want" unlike me. I just want to to die I hate myself.
People are like this, they like gossip. You shouldn't worry about their lives, if they want to get 'anyone they want', then let them. It's their way of life. If you are at peace by being alone, then I don't see the problem.
Also, many NTs like to gossip, just ignore them when they do so, they don't have the right to treat you wrongfully. What I would do is tell them to be a little more discrete when talking about me, and not talk to them if they don't talk to me. In the end, your life in this universe is limited and YOU have to enjoy it, not them.

Don't take it personally. Females for some reason hate beards with passion, but you, as a gay man, shouldn't care what they think. Men, especially gay men, love beards. They're the ultimate sign of manliness, the epitome of masculinity, they project power. There's a reason why 'bears' and 'otters' are so popular in the gay community and its probably the same reason you're growing it. Not to mention, at least where I live, beards are highly fashionable, even amongst white collar professionals.

FYI, when someone says "I can get anyone I want", they can't. They're the type of person who makes excuses and pretends that they weren't interested in the most attractive person in the room.

Has Robby been acting different? I hope he is ok as well. Haven't seen him around on the forum very much lately either. I think we try to find out if he is ok? Does anyone know him well enough to know what is going on with him? Maybe he needed a time out. You never know.

Has Robby been acting different? I hope he is ok as well. Haven't seen him around on the forum very much lately either. I think we try to find out if he is ok? Does anyone know him well enough to know what is going on with him? Maybe he needed a time out. You never know.

I hope he's just taking time away. It's worrisome though because his last two posts sounded suicidal. I referred him to a hotline though, so if he was serious about it hopefully he signed off and called for help.

Oh gracious Lord, we all come together for Robby,, and pray for him to be strong, Lord, cover him with your loving protection. Let him post on this board and continue to know that he has friends here, support here, people that really do care about him. Robby-please send a post let us know how you're doing!!

Oh gracious Lord, we all come together for Robby,, and pray for him to be strong, Lord, cover him with your loving protection. Let him post on this board and continue to know that he has friends here, support here, people that really do care about him. Robby-please send a post let us know how you're doing!!
Amen. Robby, please come back. We miss you. Send the post so we can get updated on your status.

Robby

I want you to believe and remember two things One I learned a long time ago, the other, a friend made me learn.

1. You are an amazing person, if others do not see that, it is they who have lost out on the opportunity to know you. You have lost nothing but a judgmental, narrow minded foolish acting person whom you did not need in your life anyway. Good people will come along, forget the jerks and be happy that you are you.

2. Screw whoever tells you no, do you, be proud of you and, love lots. - Love yourself, love your friends, and, love you family, even if that means your true family is not your blood family. Sometimes we have to find our real families, we aren't always born into them.

Love it. Good advice. That is so true. My real family is not the family I live with, so I can relate. I adopted a whole different family.

Thanks for the comments. I'm dealing with things as best I can. Doing a bit better it comes & goes. Taking things day by day. Realizing who my real friends are & keeping them around, & removing all negative people from my life. Thanks for the comments. Word to the wise, don't gossip, it's very toxic. And people may overheard it.

ROBBYYYYYYYYYY[emoji106][emoji106][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]-this world can be a tough one and we just got to learn to be tougher and not let people get to us. I am so happy you're back I'm smiling right now.[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji106]

Thanks for the comments. I'm dealing with things as best I can. Doing a bit better it comes & goes. Taking things day by day. Realizing who my real friends are & keeping them around, & removing all negative people from my life. Thanks for the comments. Word to the wise, don't gossip, it's very toxic. And people may overheard it.
You are right Robby. Hang in there. You are doing great. Keep plugging away at whatever needs to be done.

It still really hurts what she said. The only thing keeping me going is trying to forget it and my little dog who I love very much.

New Threads

Top Bottom