• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Simulation

I'm new here, so I figured this might be a place to bring up something. I used to do this as a hobby, but it got a bit frustrating so I stopped.

I play these games, but I don't play these games, if you can understand.
Out of the Park Baseball
Football Manager
Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron

I mean that I don't play these games because I exclusively simulate them. I don't take over a team. I don't want to do that. I want the events to go as best the AI can figure them out. These hobbies have taught me a lot about sports and history and then very specifically World War 2. And I sometimes create encyclopediae to document what has happened in these simulations, just for my own personal edification. Although I've sort of stopped this because I feel the accuracy isn't perfect enough, and I'm trying to get back to a place where I can just enjoy these games again.

Yeah, there's something satisfying about sitting back and watching the AI battle it out on their own. I play Crusader Kings 2, which as you might know, is another game by Paradox Interactive. Having a look around the map to see what the AI is doing is kind of exciting actually.

There's also the time lapse videos of these games on YouTube which are fun to watch.

I've been wanting to get EU4 but I need to change my desk top computer environment to do see; these games don't have a scalable UI for some stupid reason so it does a number on my eyes.

New Threads

Top Bottom