• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Serial Killers/Criminal psychology

More than fascinated with people who break the ethical codes of conduct in life. Mainly because I never have. I would be too frightened to, somehow it's simply wrong in every way to do so.

Have continuously wondered why throughout my life and have never heard any clear answers, as every serial killer is a compendium of many life experiences, influences, brutality and abuse. Or not. Some, experienced perfectly normal even affluent childhoods. Which is again a puzzle as to why they do what they do.

What you've just said reminds me of a Doctor Who episode called The Unicorn and the Wasp.
In the episode, the Doctor and his companion Donna travel to a party in the 1920's where detective story author Agatha Christie is in attendance (who has recently split with her husband after learning of him having an affair with another woman).
What follows is a series of murders that seem to follow the plots from one of her books, with the killer been a giant alien wasp (Vespiform) that can disguise itself as human.
Sometime into the episode, we get this conversation:

DOCTOR: This thing can sting, it can fly. It could wipe us all out in seconds. Why is it playing this game?
AGATHA: Every murder is essentially the same. They are committed because somebody wants something.
DOCTOR: What does a Vespiform want?
AGATHA: Doctor, stop it. The murderer is as human as you or I.
DOCTOR: You're right. Ah, I've been so caught up with giant wasps that I've forgotten. You're the expert.
AGATHA: I'm not. I told you. I'm just a purveyor of nonsense.
DOCTOR: No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Because plenty of people write detective stories, but yours are the best. And why? Why are you so good, Agatha Christie?
Because you understand. You've lived, you've fought, you've had your heart broken. You know about people. Their passions, their hope, and despair, and anger. All of those tiny, huge things that can turn the most ordinary person into a killer. Just think, Agatha. If anyone can solve this, it's you.

Last edited:
I am fascinated by forensic psychology / criminality but have not yet become a cereal killer.

kelloggs_corn_flakescorn.png

I think my main fascination stems from wanting to how their minds work and then why they give into their urges for criminal activities.

It's fairly common for people to have negative desires but only a few give in and go the extra mile.

That's also why I want to one day study (or get a textbook) psychohistory and profiling. Learning how their minds worked, how their surroundings shaped them into their most infamous selves, is interesting

That's the thing though, many lived through horrible childhoods, some didn't. Seems like there is no rhyme or reason to killing others, no exact profile of what makes one murder others. Some men who were horribly abused by their mothers or grandmothers, kill women over and over. Women abused by mothers and fathers, kill children, other women, men. Think that each situation is different, dependent on particular circumstances, but then how can they profile unless each one has similarities to other serial killers.

There must be certain aspects relative to each one, in every country in the world.

My mom's been putting the kibosh on mine. Not because she's one of those conservative ****es who never take responsibility for their defectives, but because I can be dark. REALLY dark.

Here's something that you guys might be interested to watch.

This video features Fred Dibnah telling the story of The Kray Twins (Reggie and Ronnie) - two of Britain's most infamous gangsters; showing their youth, their rise to power and their eventual demise.

Really? I'm not the only one who is into this? Right now I'm reading a book on Jack the Ripper, "Ripper The Secret Life of Walter Sickert." I collect serial killer trading cards too...

I've been fascinated by serial killers ever since I saw the movie Helter Skelter sometime in the 1970s when I was a child. I've read extensively about many cases and have memorized almost all the details of the Manson case. With access to the internet and YouTube I have a nearly endless source of information on this subject. I keep this interest to myself as I understand it would make many people likely uncomfortable and possibly unnecessarily scared of me.

Here's something that you guys might be interested to watch.

This video features Fred Dibnah telling the story of The Kray Twins (Reggie and Ronnie) - two of Britain's most infamous gangsters; showing their youth, their rise to power and their eventual demise.

All of these cases are very interesting but ruined IMO by Dinenage and Professor David bloody Jones who use the programme to showcase their own particular lack of skills.

I was in mitre sqaure london a few weeks back. You can stand on the actual spot where jack the ripper killed cathrine eddowes. In 1888 its still there

I've always been a big fan of criminology. It's really fascinating, seriously. My biggest interest, is how these guys manage to go unnoticed, and sometimes never get caught. Such as the zodiac killer.

Having a huge fascination for this subject, I will be pursuing a career into law enforcement really soon.

New Threads

Top Bottom