• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rosie O'Donnell infuriates the National Autism Association...

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me. Edited due to foul language)

Rosie O'Donnell ticked off the autism community with a joke about autistic kids, which is why they're now calling Rosie a "piece of dog muck" ... and Rosie now has regrets.

O'Donnell performed at Carolines on Broadway Sunday, where she joked that parenting her teenagers was so tough she'd trade them in for autistic triplets in an instant.

A rep for the National Autism Association says her org is beyond offended. The rep didn't hold back, saying Rosie wasn't only "dog muck," she was mushy dog muck on the bottom of their shoe.

The rep railed on, saying O'Donnell "crossed all lines of being a good human being to make a desperate, low-blow joke."

Rosie tells TMZ, "Although it was not my intent to hurt people, I realize I did. It was my fault." Rosie added, "I have 2 children with spectrum disorders. I'm aware of the challenges and stigma associated with autism." She also notes she's raised money and done documentaries for the autism community.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: Rosie O'Donnell jokes she would trade her teenagers for 'autistic triplets'
SOURCE: http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/11/rosie-odonnell-autism-joke

Even the foulest of foul language cannot express how I feel about Roisie O'Donnell, even before this...

Rosie O'Douchebag is an addlebrained left-wing idiot! Sure, she ticked off the NAA, but the people she needs to apologize to the most are her kids.
As an Aspie who loves an Augie you bet I'm offended, but it wasn't about us. It's about her kids, & her apparent lack of respect for them that's really offensive!

Who cares!?! I think it's kinda funny. And, seriously, a piece of dog muck? Wow, real mature.

Never mind autism. IMO Rosie O'Donnell offends most people over just about anything and always has. Reflecting her nature- not her seemingly dead career.

I'm an Aspie, Kim's an Autie, I love and respect her, and Rosie O'Douchebag probably doesn't know anyone on the spectrum.

"Teenagers are difficult! I want to trade for other (undeniably) difficult kids."
"You're poo!"
Oh no, the horror. Remind me never to offend you again.

A caustic has-been film, television personality and political activist.
Mmm. Don't those people pretty much make a living off of offending people? It's no use making a fuss over it. Too many people these days are making fusses over stupid things people say that should just be ignored. Shun them, by all means, but don't dignify it with a reply. (If calling someone dog muck could be considered a "dignified" reply.)

Mmm. Don't those people pretty much make a living off of offending people?

Some do indeed. And some used to.

It strikes me as a professional "tightrope" to walk. To humor more than offend. Some do it well, and others are like a "bull in a china shop" and their career eventually fizzles having said the wrong thing either in the wrong place or one too many times.

The difference between say Ricky Gervais and Rosie O'Donnell. But even Gervais or anyone else in such a capacity can "fall from grace". But then as far as I know, Gervais confines his personna to only comedy. Not righteous social or political activism to confuse or alienate anyone. Kathy Griffin seems to walk that line considerably better...so it's not impossible. But still precarious.

Last edited:
If Rosie O'Donnell is trying to be the most vile human being to ever walk the Earth, she's doing a pretty good job at it...

Rosie tells TMZ, "Although it was not my intent to hurt people, I realize I did. It was my fault." Rosie added, "I have 2 children with spectrum disorders. I'm aware of the challenges and stigma associated with autism." She also notes she's raised money and done documentaries for the autism community.

Even I can see that this 'apology' isn't genuine. It just reeks of insincerity.

Yet another classless and desperate attempt for attention; likely written by someone who knows how to get a reaction from the media and the hoi polloi and thereby accrue ratings and money for a few humans.

New Threads

Top Bottom